Photo

Has Anyone Used A Scrap Page As A Web Page?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria TX

Victoria TX

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

I was looking at something related to learning to create a website and saw a couple of articles about converting PSD files to HTML. Has anyone tried to use a digital scrapbooking page as a website page?

Thanks,
Victoria in Texas

#2 anemone1983

anemone1983

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Victoria, I haven't tried converting PSD to HTML, but HTML is capable of using JPGs as backgrounds and PNG's as buttons, etc. If you're looking to create the page with all the "active" elements and then convert, I'm not sure how well that will work for you - perhaps if you have Adobe's companion product to create web pages/apps, Dreamweaver, it can assist in the conversion.

Hopefully, someone who's done this will reply!
Michele

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Michele is right--save your images as JPGs or PNGs, and then insert them into the HTML page.

Note--presuming you're using Scrap Girls' products as part of your design, be sure to check the Consumer and Commercial Terms of Use (Boutique, lower left column) to assure you're in compliance.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#4 Victoria TX

Victoria TX

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the input thus far. I have an old version of Dreamweaver from several years ago, however, it is an educational license, which I believe prohibits use for a commercial web site. Since I'm disabled and only able to work part-time, I'm reluctant to invest in a traditional version of Dreamweaver. I did purchases commercial licenses for a number of Scrap Girls kits, but good idea to double-check the Terms of Use if they would be used on a website.

Victoria in Texas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users