Currently, What Are The Best Printing Services?

scrap_horse

I was extremely sad to discover today that scrapbookpictures.com has CLOSED business. Literally, I was on the verge of tears! :( I don't want a big list of possibilities, but what services have you used that you are very impressed with? I'm looking for my layouts to be printed (developed?) photographically (not inkjet on photo paper), that have excellent quality overall and great color accuracy, and of course excellent service and decent prices. I would also like it to have free photo storage online and offer photo cards (and possibly calendars for next year), and I plan to also have some photos printed for possible selling. I've been disappointed in the popular photo printing sites I've tried in the past. Would also love to hear from people who can compare to scrapbookpictures.com quality if they have used them and also other places that they are pleased with.

Thanks in advance for any help! I was about to have a few more LOs printed, and some photo cards to use.

I am so tired of businesses I love closing! Enough already.

I've used both SnapFish and Shutterfly - both offer free storage of photos and will print up books and other photo items. I've always been pleased with their products and the few times I wasn't they easily refunded my money or redid the project. They both have frequent sales and promotions.

I've used both SnapFish and Shutterfly - both offer free storage of photos and will print up books and other photo items. I've always been pleased with their products and the few times I wasn't they easily refunded my money or redid the project. They both have frequent sales and promotions.

Ditto that!

scrappingsimply.com is excellent. They use Fuji Crystal Archive photo paper and I love the matte/luster finish. I print my layouts at 12 x 12 and wait for their twice a year sales. You can buy credit ahead during the sales if you wish, but I just have layouts printed twice a year. I've used them for about 3 years now and have been very happy!

Scrappingsimply does seem to have really affordable 12x12 and 8.5x11 prints. I order landscape books, though, and I love Shutterfly for that reason. They offer frequent coupon codes and discounts (often 40%). Book quality is fantastic.

Aw! that is really sad. I know the feeling because last year I was in the same shoes as yours. I know a particular company offering cheap prices but the quality is really good. Sad to say it's in Australia and they are offering digital printing just right for all your needs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I am a newbie who knows nothing but I do know I won't be printing my own pages. I am thinking that I will go with 8 x 8 although I have always done 12 x 12 in paper. My question is (and I know it probably sounds stupid) - once you have your pages in psd form - how to you get them printed by one of these companies that you are talking about? I have looked and it looks they they are geared for printing photos. How do they know to print on the right paper, bleed to the edge, etc.?

So I am a newbie who knows nothing but I do know I won't be printing my own pages. I am thinking that I will go with 8 x 8 although I have always done 12 x 12 in paper. My question is (and I know it probably sounds stupid) - once you have your pages in psd form - how to you get them printed by one of these companies that you are talking about? I have looked and it looks they they are geared for printing photos. How do they know to print on the right paper, bleed to the edge, etc.?

You save your layouts as jpg files for printing. That is the same type of file as the photos. After you've created the page, choose "Save As" and choose JPEG. After you choose that, another box will pop up asking you to choose the quality. This is how much it compresses the file (the more compression, the more quality loss). I always choose 12-the highest number.

I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. I recently received an order of 42 12x12 Value Matte prints from ScrapbooksPlease. They are beautiful, full-bleed, shipping was very quick, and the price was very reasonable. They often have sales also and they too have an email list so you can know when there's a sale.

• 1 month later...

I print my LOs at Costco. You may or may not have one close by, but it is GREAT, in my experience. Years ago, I had LOs printed at howfasttheygrow.com (which has been bought out by mypublisher, I think) and that was my first experience with getting digital LOs printed. It was super quality paper but pricey (about $5-7 per LO). At Costco, it's 2.99 per 12x12, and 1.49 for an 8x8. Paper quality is heavy photo paper; I am pleased with it and don't ever have to worry with shipping, postage, etc.

http://www.costcophotocenter.com/gifts/gift_landing.aspx?q=1Mjrfs,NWCfLb0xOELr4,HOt,TTmZ_dJ9Mv_cv9Kh5x0-

They also print letter-size, and it's about the same price as an 8x8. Individual 4x6 prints are 13 cents.

They recently started offering photobooks at $24.99, though I have not ordered one yet.

I have also done a little home decor digital scrapping, and just last month, I printed a really large print to mount on a canvas (20x24 print size or something like that) and it was less than $8.00. It was not mounted (they offer that, but at a substantially higher price).

I can send the digital files to Costco from my computer (or bring it to the store on a thumbdrive or CD), and it's almost always ready to pick up about an hour later.

Just a little more input for you....

Cindy

• 6 months later...

I just checked out the Costco print options and don't see an 8.5 x 11 letter sized option. I see 8x10 and 8x12, but not 8.5x11. Am I overlooking something?

Costco Photo Center

I am looking at options to print 8.5x11 since my printer just died, but few companies print the 8.5x11 size. Scrapbooks Please and Scrapping Simply are the only 2 I've seen so far.

• 10 months later...

I need to get some 12 x 12 pages printed and just went online today 1-2-14 and checked out Scrapbooks Please. They have a sale now on the value matt for

.99 Cents. I'm jumping on that. Tinkerbell and Wiseone from above both said good things about this website. Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

I love Persnicketyprints and have had excellent luck with them. They have regular sales where you can get 12x12 for $1.49 (during sales you can buy prepaid credits and then print when you want). Regular price is $1.99. Shipping is only $5 in the US (flat rate) so I order a LOT of pages at once and it really pays off. I think I have over 100 LOs in my cart over there right now.

One thing that is really nice about them is that their pages are very water resistant - and although I never planned to test this out, I really did spill a bottle of water onto a stack of LOs that I had printed by them and you totally can't tell! No tackiness, no discoloration, nothing! They are still perfect.

I just checked out the Costco print options and don't see an 8.5 x 11 letter sized option. I see 8x10 and 8x12, but not 8.5x11. Am I overlooking something?

Costco Photo Center

I am looking at options to print 8.5x11 since my printer just died, but few companies print the 8.5x11 size. Scrapbooks Please and Scrapping Simply are the only 2 I've seen so far.

Amy,

give them a call at Costco in their Photo Center. They were quite helpful when I was making a book.

Archived