Please Someone Help Me! Load These Layer Styles In Pse 10

pencilcreations

I know this topic has been done 1,000 times already but I am so frustrated! I have been working on this for about 6 hours and I am seriously beginning to dislike PSE. I have followed the steps in the secrets for pse video tutorials, the free ebooklet etc etc and nothing has worked.

One thing I have noticed when I copy the files to this location all the other asl file have jpeg images with them so you can preview the styles. When I copy mine, there is no jpeg files and when I click on asl file it just takes me to pse 10.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Photo Creations\layer styles

I am also copying the files under this C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\Presets\Styles

I have then been going under the locale.en_us file and deleted the media database and restarting pse 10. It takes about 10 minutes or so to reload. But I do not see the styles there anywhere. I know one lady posted hers were just hidden under gray boxes. There are a few gray boxes but when I scroll over them its not the bubbles styles I have loaded.

I have also noted when I close pse 10 the mediadatabase file has been reloaded into the en_us folder.

Please someone help me. I am so frustrated and upset with this program.

nevermind! I am not sure what I did differently this time but they are finally there! hopefully the next set won't take me 6 hours! lol. THanks for letting me vent some though!

YAY for you for figuring it out! Can you breathe easier now? LOL :) :)

Belle,

I have add o matic. I like it too but I often have to use their trouble shooting technique to rebuild my styles/tools database. Are you doing the same?

Thanks,

Karen

Karen, thanks for pointing out that add o matic has troubleshooting tips. A couple of my styles came out wonky, and I have just been fussing about it instead of trying to fix it. :)

Hmmm, I use AOM with PSE 9 and after I install my styles or actions I just automatically rebuild the database by deleting the MediaDatabase.db3 and ThumbDatabase.db3. I never have any problems with any of them not showing up or not working correctly. It's good to know that AOM has some troubleshooting tips though.

I used PSE9 and very rarely will styles not show up. Then I have to rebuild the database by deleting the MediaDatabase.db3. I copy the styles to Program Data>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>9.0>Photo Creations>Layer Styles not to Program Files.

Thanks everyone! I was able to install a second set with no problem, hope my luck continues! The funny thing is I was trying to purchase add o matic

This morning but the website wouldn't allow it saying I had cookies disabled. I couldn't get it too work no matter what I did. Guess it wasn't my morning. Lol

For styles, I only use AOM, for actions I use it as well and then once did that rebuild thingie. Only did it once though. For me just too much trouble. I don't really mind if only the blue block shows up. It's not ideal, but it still works. I did not know that AOM had a trouble shooting technique to rebuild the tools database. I will have to look into that.

Archived