82 replies to this topic

#1 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Do you love ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) and also love to play with glitter, glue, sequins, buttons, lace, ribbon, shells, and anything else shiny ? Well than this is a perfect swap for you. We do a bi-monthly Hybrid ATC Swap at ScrapGirls. You will make anywhere from 9 up to 18 (max for signing up) cards that measure 2.5 x 3.5 (either horizontal or vertical). The card base is usually created with your digital scrap book supplies then printed and embellished using anything under the sun! You then mail them to ME, in a baseball trading card sleeve folded accordian style which will then usually fit in a standard envelope, with enough postage for them to return and a SASE for your cards coming back!

Details:

Sign Up: March 9th,2012 (It is limited to the first 18 that sign up here in this thread!)

Cards are Due By: April 6th, 2012

Theme: "Flights of Fancy" (I decided we could try something new, hope everyone is up for it!)

gallery_10753_358_55511.png
Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#2 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

• Creative Team
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Swappers:

Tinkerbell11 (Shannon)
TeeCee (Theresa)
Bride (Lei)
Elibar (Elisha)
AnnBK (Ann)
Smiles (Gayle)
Sherry Lynn (Sherry)
CRS (Carla)
Molczan (Angela)
Lorac (Carol)
Jane in NZ (Jane)
FloridaGranny (Diane)
Marilyn (MariJ)

Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,185 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Okay - please count me in Shannon! ;)

#4 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • 8,897 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Make me number 3 !!!

#5 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,116 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

me! me! pick me!

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#6 Smiles

Smiles

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm in!
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Pick me!! Pick me!!! I love these swaps..makes me really get down and dirty creative.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#8 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

Woohoo :party-smiley-048: I'm in please!
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,278 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Count me in!

#10 Molczan

Molczan

Super Scrapper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm in again this round too!
Angela Blanchard

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Since we previously chatted to talk about the theme and ask questions, I"m not sure what to do so I hope it's ok to ask here. I'm still a bit wary of hybrids (really, I worry the whole time I"m making them) and I don't really understand what "Flights of Fancy" means? I'm really stumped. :( Can anyone help with examples or more explanations? I mean I know the themes are usually open to interpretation, but I'm drawing a blank and coming up empty. It was easy for me to understand the Holiday and Valentine's themes, but I'm feeling a bit lost here and need a bit of "chatter" to understand better.... :)
HELP! I'm afraid to sign up until I know better what I'd be getting into. Hope it's ok to ask that here.. Thanks.

gallery_19549_358_29403.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#12 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Pick me!! Pick me!!! I love these swaps..makes me really get down and dirty creative.

Ann, you are so funny. I sure hope this thread proves to be as entertaining as the last one was! :D

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#13 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

• Creative Team
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Marilyn,

"Flights of Fancy" in my interpretation would be birds, butterflies, dragonflies,hummingbirds...bascially anything that flies. Anyone else is more than welcom to add their thoughts too please!

#14 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Okay, sign me up. I promise I'll start right away creating my cards and getting them to you real early. Maybe I'll be the first one to get the ATC's to you, instead of the last one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For me Flights of Fancy means: dreams, either night dreams or day dreams. It could also be anything that is mystical. Anyone else?

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#15 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Marilyn,

"Flights of Fancy" in my interpretation would be birds, butterflies, dragonflies,hummingbirds...bascially anything that flies. Anyone else is more than welcom to add their thoughts too please!

And my mind went off in an entirely different direction...I have some great photos of a trio of hot air balloons flying by our house...and they look pretty fancy. And then there are those ornate staircases (flights of stairs) that we saw in Europe. I'm pretty sure this one will be more "artsy" than ones I've done in the past. I think the idea here is to let your imagination run free and just draw inspiration from the topic. In other words, dare to color outside the lines!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#16 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking "fancy" = "imagination" and anything ours could come up with. I like the idea of flying, though. It should be interesting. Please add my name to the list. Gulp; I'm in it again.

gallery_20673_66_37871.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifLove-ATCs.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#17 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Marilyn,

And my mind went off in an entirely different direction...I have some great photos of a trio of hot air balloons flying by our house...and they look pretty fancy. And then there are those ornate staircases (flights of stairs) that we saw in Europe. I'm pretty sure this one will be more "artsy" than ones I've done in the past. I think the idea here is to let your imagination run free and just draw inspiration from the topic. In other words, dare to color outside the lines!

Well, hot air balloons do fly - hopefully. :D

#18 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Marilyn,

Oh, gosh Shannon, thanks - you explained that so perfectly I feel a bit dopey - now it looks so obvious!
And, wow - thanks everyone - I know this is such a great group and you didn't disappoint. I really needed that chatter to get my imagination going - thanks so much - VERY helpful

I can start from that. Please count me in. :)

#19 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

#20 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...
This is really such a great group!

#21 Jane in N.Z

Jane in N.Z

• Members
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'm in as well please :cheeringdog:

Oh Ann my mind went straight to hot air balloons as well :) as it reminded me of the trip i did. Anything that flies goes :) even seeds and leaves tossed by the wind :)

Certainly will test our imagination :)

I Just love the last set and thankful for your YOU TUBE video Angela as mine have not arrived yet ---hopefully soon. It meant I could enjoy them while all you guys wee OOH and Ahhing :)

gallery_5913_66_29008.jpg

#22 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,897 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Sounds like you all have gotten some good ideas here!! What immediately came to mind was Kerry V's Time Traveler and Paula Wrights Time Traveler's Embellishments and A Fairy Story Collection. Also, Angela Blanchard's new Bird Song Collection and there is Brandy Murray's Bees Knees .... lots of collections that have little flying thingies and imagination to choose from!!

#23 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Sounds like you all have gotten some good ideas here!! What immediately came to mind was Kerry V's Time Traveler and Paula Wrights Time Traveler's Embellishments and A Fairy Story Collection. Also, Angela Blanchard's new Bird Song Collection and there is Brandy Murray's Bees Knees .... lots of collections that have little flying thingies and imagination to choose from!!

Yep...those are all stand by collections for me. Couldn't scrap without them.

#24 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,185 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Great ideas Lei! Here are a few more that I thought of:
Daybreak Collection
Up Up Up Collection
Feathered Friends Collection

#25 Smiles

Smiles

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I was thinking faeries and maybe angels myself.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Swappers:

Tinkerbell11 (Shannon)
TeeCee (Theresa)
Bride (Lei)
Elibar (Elisha)
AnnBK (Ann)
Smiles (Gayle)
Sherry Lynn (Sherry)
CRS (Carla)
Molczan (Angela)

Shannon, did you add me as well? I can't miss this one!

#27 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

#28 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,897 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

Now that you have your valentines ATC's to touch and see up close, if you have a particular question on a product used, or how a technique was done, be sure to ask in this thread so we can all learn together. It is also very helpful, when you post a photo of your ATC to include a description of product used, both the SG products and the extra spritzes, etc that is another point of learning for us all.

#29 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

• Creative Team
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Marilyn
Shall I add you to the list then?

#30 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

• Creative Team
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

I loved seeing everyone's DIFFERENT interpretations of the "Flights of Fancy" theme, now my wheels are really turning for sure I want to combine them all LOL, only 2.5 x 3.5 to work with tho!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users