Hybrid Atc Sign-Ups

tinkerbell11

Do you love ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) and also love to play with glitter, glue, sequins, buttons, lace, ribbon, shells, and anything else shiny ? Well than this is a perfect swap for you. We do a bi-monthly Hybrid ATC Swap at ScrapGirls. You will make anywhere from 9 up to 18 (max for signing up) cards that measure 2.5 x 3.5 (either horizontal or vertical). The card base is usually created with your digital scrap book supplies then printed and embellished using anything under the sun! You then mail them to ME, in a baseball trading card sleeve folded accordian style which will then usually fit in a standard envelope, with enough postage for them to return and a SASE for your cards coming back!

Details:

Sign Up: March 9th,2012 (It is limited to the first 18 that sign up here in this thread!)

Cards are Due By: April 6th, 2012

Theme: "Flights of Fancy" (I decided we could try something new, hope everyone is up for it!)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we previously chatted to talk about the theme and ask questions, I"m not sure what to do so I hope it's ok to ask here. I'm still a bit wary of hybrids (really, I worry the whole time I"m making them) and I don't really understand what "Flights of Fancy" means? I'm really stumped. :( Can anyone help with examples or more explanations? I mean I know the themes are usually open to interpretation, but I'm drawing a blank and coming up empty. It was easy for me to understand the Holiday and Valentine's themes, but I'm feeling a bit lost here and need a bit of "chatter" to understand better.... :)

HELP! I'm afraid to sign up until I know better what I'd be getting into. Hope it's ok to ask that here.. Thanks.

Okay, sign me up. I promise I'll start right away creating my cards and getting them to you real early. Maybe I'll be the first one to get the ATC's to you, instead of the last one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For me Flights of Fancy means: dreams, either night dreams or day dreams. It could also be anything that is mystical. Anyone else?

Marilyn,

"Flights of Fancy" in my interpretation would be birds, butterflies, dragonflies,hummingbirds...bascially anything that flies. Anyone else is more than welcom to add their thoughts too please!

And my mind went off in an entirely different direction...I have some great photos of a trio of hot air balloons flying by our house...and they look pretty fancy. And then there are those ornate staircases (flights of stairs) that we saw in Europe. I'm pretty sure this one will be more "artsy" than ones I've done in the past. I think the idea here is to let your imagination run free and just draw inspiration from the topic. In other words, dare to color outside the lines!

Marilyn,

"Flights of Fancy" in my interpretation would be birds, butterflies, dragonflies,hummingbirds...bascially anything that flies. Anyone else is more than welcom to add their thoughts too please!

And my mind went off in an entirely different direction...I have some great photos of a trio of hot air balloons flying by our house...and they look pretty fancy. And then there are those ornate staircases (flights of stairs) that we saw in Europe. I'm pretty sure this one will be more "artsy" than ones I've done in the past. I think the idea here is to let your imagination run free and just draw inspiration from the topic. In other words, dare to color outside the lines!

Well, hot air balloons do fly - hopefully. :D

Marilyn,

Oh, gosh Shannon, thanks - you explained that so perfectly I feel a bit dopey - now it looks so obvious!

And, wow - thanks everyone - I know this is such a great group and you didn't disappoint. I really needed that chatter to get my imagination going - thanks so much - VERY helpful

I can start from that. Please count me in. :)

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...

This is really such a great group!

I'm in as well please :cheeringdog:

Oh Ann my mind went straight to hot air balloons as well :) as it reminded me of the trip i did. Anything that flies goes :) even seeds and leaves tossed by the wind :)

Certainly will test our imagination :)

I Just love the last set and thankful for your YOU TUBE video Angela as mine have not arrived yet ---hopefully soon. It meant I could enjoy them while all you guys wee OOH and Ahhing :)

Sounds like you all have gotten some good ideas here!! What immediately came to mind was Kerry V's Time Traveler and Paula Wrights Time Traveler's Embellishments and A Fairy Story Collection. Also, Angela Blanchard's new Bird Song Collection and there is Brandy Murray's Bees Knees .... lots of collections that have little flying thingies and imagination to choose from!!

Sounds like you all have gotten some good ideas here!! What immediately came to mind was Kerry V's Time Traveler and Paula Wrights Time Traveler's Embellishments and A Fairy Story Collection. Also, Angela Blanchard's new Bird Song Collection and there is Brandy Murray's Bees Knees .... lots of collections that have little flying thingies and imagination to choose from!!

Yep...those are all stand by collections for me. Couldn't scrap without them.

Great ideas Lei! Here are a few more that I thought of:

Daybreak Collection

Up Up Up Collection

Feathered Friends Collection

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

Now that you have your valentines ATC's to touch and see up close, if you have a particular question on a product used, or how a technique was done, be sure to ask in this thread so we can all learn together. It is also very helpful, when you post a photo of your ATC to include a description of product used, both the SG products and the extra spritzes, etc that is another point of learning for us all.

Marilyn

Shall I add you to the list then?

Archived