Hybrid Atc Sign-Ups

tinkerbell11

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...

This is really such a great group!

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

Now that you have your valentines ATC's to touch and see up close, if you have a particular question on a product used, or how a technique was done, be sure to ask in this thread so we can all learn together. It is also very helpful, when you post a photo of your ATC to include a description of product used, both the SG products and the extra spritzes, etc that is another point of learning for us all.

Absolutely, Lei! I'd love to know what you sprayed on your Christmas hybrid; it has less texture than the Valentine, but still looks shiny. You know me -- the more glitz the better!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marilyn, you just stumbled on the reason we all enjoyed the chat so much...we had a chance to bounce ideas around and get our brains working. We'll miss them for sure.

Yup - so true, Ann. I really do miss them. It definitely was fun and informative to brainstorm together and I miss that. :( All these ideas jogged my brain a bit, but the chats were priceless for that and for creating excitement for beginning.. Not-to-mention, that without chats I never would have met people here and become so involved - really "knowing" everyone was a huge help and encouragement and created a sense of community...

I agree with both of you. Being pretty new to hybrids, I appreciated the chats for being able to exchange advice, suggestions, especially the names of products and techniques everyone uses.

Now that you have your valentines ATC's to touch and see up close, if you have a particular question on a product used, or how a technique was done, be sure to ask in this thread so we can all learn together. It is also very helpful, when you post a photo of your ATC to include a description of product used, both the SG products and the extra spritzes, etc that is another point of learning for us all.

Absolutely, Lei! I'd love to know what you sprayed on your Christmas hybrid; it has less texture than the Valentine, but still looks shiny. You know me -- the more glitz the better!

Diane - For the Christmas ATC I used a product called Perfect Pearls Mists. Color is Heirloom gold. It is made by Ranger.

Well, now that I am seeing that there are so many different interpretations of "Flights of Fancy" I may join in this swap - however, I'm still pondering it cause we are going to be out of town several weekends in a row during this time frame. Still thinking about it. I like that we can make our own intrepretaion - at first I took it quite literally!

Diane - For the Christmas ATC I used a product called Perfect Pearls Mists. Color is Heirloom gold. It is made by Ranger.

Thanks, Lei!

Marilyn

Shall I add you to the list then?

Oh, sorry Shannon - I answered higher up - yes, YES!!!! :) Thank you!

Well, now that I am seeing that there are so many different interpretations of "Flights of Fancy" I may join in this swap - however, I'm still pondering it cause we are going to be out of town several weekends in a row during this time frame. Still thinking about it. I like that we can make our own intrepretaion - at first I took it quite literally!

Me, too Sara - which is why I needed a little "chatter" - which really DID help! Thanks all... :)

Marilyn

Shall I add you to the list then?

Great Marilyn!

So glad you decided to join in too!

Oh, sorry Shannon - I answered higher up - yes, YES!!!! :) Thank you!

OK Sara, let us know if you decide to hop on board!!!

I have an announcement to make...it's important. I have taken control of my fate and destiny. I went into Michael's this afternoon for ONE thing that I needed to finish my hybrid cards. I went straight to the right aisle, picked up what I needed, and headed directly to the check out counter. My eyes did not wander to anything else. I did not caress any of the thousands of lovely and useful things that graced the craft aisles. I am at peace.

I have an announcement to make...it's important. I have taken control of my fate and destiny. I went into Michael's this afternoon for ONE thing that I needed to finish my hybrid cards. I sent straight to the right aisle, picked up what I needed, and headed directly to the check out counter. My eyes did not wander to anything else. I did not caress any of the thousands of lovely and useful things that graced the craft aisles. I am at peace.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOO HOO! WTG Ann!!

I have an announcement to make...it's important. I have taken control of my fate and destiny. I went into Michael's this afternoon for ONE thing that I needed to finish my hybrid cards. I went straight to the right aisle, picked up what I needed, and headed directly to the check out counter. My eyes did not wander to anything else. I did not caress any of the thousands of lovely and useful things that graced the craft aisles. I am at peace.

Ohhhhhhh Ann ... I'm feeling withdraw for you .... I would loose my hybrid-crafter union card if I did that!! :disappearing-smilie:

My first thought was of vintage airplanes. My family has a history of visiting the WWII airshows and that's the first thing that came to mind!

Are you serious? Carla?? We do the same!! Of course with both Tom and Kirk being pilots what would you expect? There are 2 really cool air museums here in Michigan :D Also, when Kirk worked for Duncan Aviation we would get in free to their huge 3 day air show and would be thrilled with either the Blue Angels or the Snowbirds performing. They would bring in the old aircrafts ... its unbelievable to see the older planes flown in from all over.

I am in awe of your willpower. :)

I have to admit that I was tempted along my path through the store, but I held strong. This is a real battle. But I am winning!

I have to admit that I was tempted along my path through the store, but I held strong. This is a real battle. But I am winning!

Bravo!!:clap:

Me, too! :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::jawdrop: You crack me up, Ann.

WOWZER! Ann, will wonders never cease. :toot: :toot: :toot: I know I couldn't do it.

Wow Ann! I make excuses to check the aisles. Like Friday, when we were at Chuck E. Cheese...I just had to stop next door to Jo-Ann's because it was there. I mean, right there!!

I knew it, Lei! We are separated at birth! My dad and grandfather used to drag us to the airshows every year and I loved it. They have more photos of planes then they do of people. And they would talk to all the pilots as long as they could. The Blue Angels were in Rochester last July and I made the girls go to the airport and see them!

Wow Ann! I make excuses to check the aisles. Like Friday, when we were at Chuck E. Cheese...I just had to stop next door to Jo-Ann's because it was there. I mean, right there!!

I knew it, Lei! We are separated at birth! My dad and grandfather used to drag us to the airshows every year and I loved it. They have more photos of planes then they do of people. And they would talk to all the pilots as long as they could. The Blue Angels were in Rochester last July and I made the girls go to the airport and see them!

Yes, Kirk and Tom have to stop and talk to each pilot as well! If you ever get a chance to see the Candian SnowBirds, make a point to do so. They are every bit as thrilling as our Blue Angels!

Swappers:

Tinkerbell11 (Shannon)

TeeCee (Theresa)

Bride (Lei)

Elibar (Elisha)

AnnBK (Ann)

Smiles (Gayle)

Sherry Lynn (Sherry)

CRS (Carla)

Molczan (Angela)

Lorac (Carol)

Jane in NZ (Jane)

FloridaGranny (Diane)

Marilyn (MariJ)

I'm going to have to sit this one out, Shannon - have some health things going on that I need to pay attention to -

You take care of yourself Sara and when your well join us again :)

I'm glad I dont have a shop like Michaels here or you would never get me out. we do have something similiar but its a drive from me and somewhere I don't go often so for now I'm safe :rofl:

I try to use the bits I have in my stash but its getting a bit thin so will temptation be my downfall when I have to go to 'Spotlight' to stock-up!!!

You are a STRONG woman!

I'm in as well please :cheeringdog:

Oh Ann my mind went straight to hot air balloons as well :) as it reminded me of the trip i did. Anything that flies goes :) even seeds and leaves tossed by the wind :)

Certainly will test our imagination :)

I Just love the last set and thankful for your YOU TUBE video Angela as mine have not arrived yet ---hopefully soon. It meant I could enjoy them while all you guys wee OOH and Ahhing :)

Jane, I'm glad you enjoyed the video--guess I should have put a spoiler alert on it for you! ;)

You are an inspiration to us all! :worship:

Because of these swaps I have just completely re-organized my craft room, I had so many things that some of them had to be stored in the hall closet which meant ummmmmmmmmm well basically they didn't get used. Sunday I decided to pull everything out AND my dh helped by making me some makeshift storage units SO I didn't even have to spend a lot of money. I had some things that weren't even out of packages - now everything is in it's place AND I just walk in my "new" room and smile AND as Dawn from Dawn's Stamping Studio says at the end of every video "LOVE IT"

Oh AND there is still time to sign up for this swap --- if you haven't tried it, come on and give it a try!

Archived