March 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

Week 4, Task 1 – Place 4 photos on the page.

Morning, Gayle nice to see you this week. I woke up at 3am this morning and there was the challenge already posted.. wow...

One question and sorry to be so literal. When you say place 4 photos on a page do you mean on a blank page or on a background page? This confused me last week too, sorry... It doesn't take a lot to confuse me! :o

Thanks!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, Gayle nice to see you this week. I woke up at 3am this morning and there was the challenge already posted.. wow...

One question and sorry to be so literal. When you say place 4 photos on a page do you mean on a blank page or on a background page? This confused me last week too, sorry... It doesn't take a lot to confuse me! :o

Thanks!

I place mine on a blank page and then wait to see what the paper requirements are. :)

Thanks!

I place mine on a blank page and then wait to see what the paper requirements are. :)

Thank you Becky! I know I asked that last week and you always seem to understand my confusion....

Is that a GOOD thing? Heehee.. :D

The idea is just to pick out 4 photos for your layout and get them into the document. You will be adding papers etc in the future step. Sorry if I confused you! I edited the post to include that you may include a layout template if you'd like - sorry I left that out! So you're deciding the size of your layout, and which photos you'll be using. HTHs.

Thank you Becky! I know I asked that last week and you always seem to understand my confusion....

Great minds run together...

Fools think alike ...

I'm afraid to ponder this one too closely. ;)

Great minds run together...

Fools think alike ...

I'm afraid to ponder this one too closely. ;)

:D Laughing outloud here. And, Gayle - no, you were quite clear. I tend to overthink and take things literally so got confused! Like I said - doesn't take much! Thanks for your reply, too. ;)

Week 4 Step 2

Place 3 papers on your page.

(Refresher from week 1: You probably need a background paper, maybe your photos need mats, maybe you want a border...the 3 papers can be any amount, any shape. We must be able to see them somewhere; they cannot be hidden. Remember to save your PSD file so you will be able to work on it again for the next step.)

Week 4, Step 1 – Place 4 photos on the page. You may use a layout template if you wish

edited for clarity, Mon AM.

Quick Question, can the photos be ones that have already been edited and have effects on them like aged, b/w, creased or old frames applied, or should they be untouched?

Week 4, Step 1 – Place 4 photos on the page. You may use a layout template if you wish

edited for clarity, Mon AM.

Quick Question, can the photos be ones that have already been edited and have effects on them like aged, b/w, creased or old frames applied, or should they be untouched?

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I was thinking paper template initially, now I realize I can use a photo template. Thanks!

I'm stuck on adding brushwork. I'm not very good with brushes and my Background is patterned. Actually all my paper is patterned so I have no idea where to add the details. LOL

I'm stuck on adding brushwork. I'm not very good with brushes and my Background is patterned. Actually all my paper is patterned so I have no idea where to add the details. LOL

Could you perhaps change your background or one of your other papers to something that you could use a brush on?

Do you have any of these types of brushes that you could use?

Brush Set: Label Love

Brush Set: Old Tape Biggie

Brush Set: Frayed Edges

Brush Set: La Bonne Vie

Brush Set: Stained Edges

Brush Set: Hodge Podge

Brush Set: Persimmon Mini

Try adding a brush to your photo(s) - I used a distressing brush & a creases brush to my photo along with a stamped circle to focus attention on the subject.

rough it up

stained edges

creases

I'm really glad this is the next step. I've been strugglling with the pics I've chosen (they are scans of badly faded photos which seem not to have responded to PSE's TLC). Putting journaling on the page at this point will help me focus on the reason why I chose to scrap them in the first place.

Archived