Congratulations Jody (Jode2771)!

CRS

Congratulations Jody (Jode2771)! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Jody as the Member of the Month for March!

Jody is a huge asset to Scrap Girls. Since joining in February 2010, Jody has completed almost every challenge we have! She leaves love in the Gallery and is active in the Swap Crop and Project SG 2012. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

Jody will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

When you have a few minutes Jody, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

Congratulations Jode! That pretty crown looks GOOD on you! Sorry I am getting to this thread so late - out this morning and just back in... Hope you are enjoying a peaceful sleep as March's MOM - very deserving honor, my friend.. :):bighug:

Oh Wow Wow Wow. Congratulations Jody. I've only just managed to get onto the computer as been missing in action with a house full of children. I'm so thrilled to hand over my beautiful spakly crown to such a deserving MOM. You have been so encouraging and helpful to me personally and your scraping is absolutely sensational. Have a wonderful month and enjoy every moment.

I'd like to say thank you to all you lovely people who have contacted me throughout my month as MOM. I'm sorry I was away for most of it but I still felt the love. I had such fun spending my voucher yesterday and I did a naughty thing, I bought the Ultimate Artist even though I don't have PSE9 or !0. Could end up being an expensive move as now I need to buy PSE10. After Syndee's article about all the new things, I will have to do that sooner rather than later. Isn't this a wonderful craft.

Wear your crown with pride Jody. We love you. Kay

Yeah! Congratulations Jody! What a perfect choice for MOM. I truly enjoy studying Jody's beautiful work. She truly expresses herself in her own ways--stylish, chic, quirky, whimsical, magical....I could go on and on! We are so fortunate that she shares her view of the world with us!

Congratulations, Jody! Wow, you just had a layout chosen for the newsletter, an awesome trip to Sydney, and now you're our new MOM. You're on a roll! You totally deserve it. (How do you make such great layouts so fast?!) Enjoy that sparkling crown and continue to amaze us!

Wow... Wendee (Creative Sparkle) messaged me to tell me and I said I thought she was mistaken... so she sent me the link and wow - she was right... wow! I couldnt believe it... I have read the newsletter interviews so many times and thought about what element I would be and what I would tell a newcomer but never thought anyone would actually ask me... so I should have great, well prepared answers - but right now I can barely remember my name as my head is spinning...lol! How flattering!

It is a great honour and I am flattered to be in such an esteemed group and know that there are many other deserving recipients out there so I am doubly flattered. Happy to accept your crown Kay :-) To all of you who left such warm, beautiful comments I THANKYOU! It made me all warm and fuzzy and let me know I was definitely in the right community :-)

I don't really know what you may want to know about me so I will try to include stuff that hopefully is interesting and along the right lines...

I joined in Feb 2010 but lurked around for 18 months before I even posted anything as I wasn't confident enough to let anyone see what I was making... I read newsletters and practiced like mad, and followed tutorials and looked at the techniques they used to describe in the old newsletters... I played around a while and developed a style that seems to work for me, I figured out what kinds of layouts I like and how I like to journal and what kind of embellishments work for me...

I posted my very first layout in June 2011, don't really remember what gave me the courage to do that but I was overwhelmed by the positive response to it and encouraged to go on...

People who didn't know me were looking at and enjoying my pages and saying nice things, is there a better feeling than that!?!

I found scrapping was an outlet for a lot of things as well as an outlet for creativity and a way to preserve memories... it let me vent and let me show off my greatest treasures... one of my favourite layouts is about my cancer treatment because it helped me release a lot of stuff I needed to get rid of, whilst others are about things that are local to me and exotic to you, I like the way I can share my world with you all and I get to see all of your home towns and families and customs... I like P52 for the same reason, these little interesting things are what makes life fun. I also love the Swap Crop cos I get to play with photos that aren't mine and I get to create a world for them and get to see how others view my photos, I get pages in a style outside of my own and I love to see what people create from what I send!

I also could never have imagined the connections I have made here... There are so many friendly faces (!?!) here and I really love the sense of belonging... I have made some wonderful friends, one of whom in particular I email every day... it is one of the highest points in my day...

You only have to glance at my gallery to see my most prized possessions are my 2 gorgeous boys, Aidan and Callan. They feature heavily in my layouts and give me the greatest wealth of photos to play with, they inspire me and give me a reason to record these memories..

I live a simple life, with good friends, a close family, a wonderful partner of 5 years, and lots of reasons to be happy. Having somewhere to share these joys is just icing on my happy cake. Thank you!!!

Jody, It's so interesting to read about you! You definitely have a unique style - I can often tell a Jody layout before I even click on it. I don't know how you do it, but it's a real gift! It's obvious that you adore your boys, and I know we all enjoy seeing their happy faces in your layouts. Thanks so much for sharing your story, and enjoy your reign! :worthy:

Loved reading about you Jode. I have said it before and will say it again, if ever there is an opening for a layout artist, you should apply. I love seeing your work. Some of your layouts should be printed on canvas and framed. The cat one comes to mind. Enjoy your month.

YAY! Congrats, Jody! I enjoyed reading about you. We love having you here with us and I enjoy every one of your LOs. Thanks for making this warm, fuzzy purple place even warmer and fuzzier by your presence! Enjoy your special month! You deserve it!!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Archived