Position Script

Joey

I have downloaded the 8.5x11 Picture It album template and have gone back to the Dec 4, 2007 tutorial on layered templates for PSPX. I think I understand the basics beginning with copying each layer onto my document and then beginning to work from there. In this tutorial the command "DDE_SS_Layered_Temp_12x12_proper_positon script" was used. Seems pretty important, but I cannot find any reference to what this is and how to set it up. Is this something I still need with PSP X3 or has something changed making it no longer necessary? Is this tutorial in its whole still pretty current? I have spent so much time researching how to do this that I feel like my head is spinning. And this template stuff was supposed to make it easier? A week from now maybe, but not today! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Hi Joey, and welcome to Scrap Girls. I don't use PSP, so I can't help on the script. However, most templates come with a full-size preview. One way to work with the template, when nothing else is available, is to place the full-size preview just "above" the background layer, and then move the other pieces around until they're aligned. I find it helpful to change the color tone on the preview layer, shading it with green or blue or some other color, or lightening it substantially, so that the template pieces are more "contrasty" with the preview, and therefore easier to see.

I believe that once you find a way to get your templates put together, you'll find them very helpful on making great layouts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Very good suggestion to use the preview as a guide. So I am correct in placing all the layers before I start adding photos and papers.

Barbara answered so question so well, so I'll just say welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so happy to have you here with us in our friendly little purple place! Ask a question and someone always comes along with an answer for you! Enjoy and hope to see you around the messageboard alot too!

Archived