March Atc Swap

Elisha

This month we're continuing with the "about me" series. I've enjoyed getting to know you all with "the year I was born" and "where I'm from."

This month, I want to find out more with:

What I do

This can be your job, your hobby, you're life's calling. Things you like to do, and things not so much. Are you chief cook and bottle washer? Chauffeur? Caregiver? Do you geocache? Do you garden? Do you exercise? Collect widgets? Knit? I know you scrapbook!

You have a month to complete the challenge and you can do as many as you like. Cards are due Wednesday, April 4. Post your ATC in the ATC Challenge & Swap gallery. Then email a full resolution to me at scrapgirl.elisha@gmail.com. I will post a new challenge on April 5.

If you're looking for products to help you with this challenge, check out these for inspiration:

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards

Assemble Your Own: Artist Trading Cards

ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie

Assemble Your Own: Conversation Cards

Looking forward to getting to know each of you better and seeing what you all come up with. Have Fun!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I join in, I've looked at all the cards and would love to have a go.

Of course, Valerie! Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! Let us know if you have any questions.

This is probably a really stupid question, do we treat these like miniature layout? In particular I am thinking about shadows.

Or is it just whatever works for me.

This is probably a really stupid question, do we treat these like miniature layout? In particular I am thinking about shadows.

Hi Valerie,

Yes, that's what I always did - just opened a 2.5x3.5 document and then worked on it as if it were any other LO.

Always seemed to work for me! :) Good luck - ATCs are fun!

PS - remember - no there is no such thing as a "stupid" question here! :D

Yes, whatever works for you. For small layouts like ATCs you have to make the shadows very tiny to get them to look right! But I like to have shadows, myself - and I've saved a preset after I got it right. (I use CS4).

Maybe a set of ATC shadow styles are in order.

I'm having a hard time coming up with an idea for this one - still thinking.........it's kind of like the "where I'm from idea" - I had no idea how to scrap where I was from and no idea how in the world to scrap this! Something will come to mind sometime in the middle of the night and I'll have to get up right away and DO IT! LOL LOL

Is it best to email them one at a time, or when I've done all I want to?

I think either way is fine, Valerie really. I email them as I do them so I don't forget any usually

Is it best to email them one at a time, or when I've done all I want to?

You can email them to me however works for you. I put them in a folder as I get them.

I started this one on Saturday before Ben broke his arm, I've managed to finish it. My link

I do have another idea, but unless Ben goes back to school soon I won't be able to do it.

Archived