Hybrid Atc Swap Final List : Flights Of Fancy

tinkerbell11

Heehee... Me too, Shannon - I love the laughs I get from this thread....

THANKS! Sherry and Sara and Theresa and Gayle for your wonderful distressing ideas... I really appreciate it - made me less unhappy awaiting my tardy kit. And, with that in mind and all this talk (mainly mine!) of distressing -- I decided I needed some myself, so I gave up waiting for my kit and worked on the cards today since waiting for Monday is cutting it too close - particularly since I haven't done it before and by the time our mail comes and my afternoon appt is over, it'll be later in the afternoon before I can start....

Probably WAY too much info, but the upshot is, my cards are all assembled, glued, etc - ready to be blinged and tiny pieces glued on tomorrow... So I should definitely be able to mail them on Monday... Whew.. Makes me feel better.

Thanks for all the ideas - lots of new things to add to my hybrid ATC box! :)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been such a fun round....I am so eager to see what everyone has created, and to hear what the next theme is. I'll do it again, for sure...I have all these supplies now, can't let them go to waste!

This has been such a fun round....I am so eager to see what everyone has created, and to hear what the next theme is. I'll do it again, for sure...I have all these supplies now, can't let them go to waste!

:dito: Gosh I really wish this little guy knew how to spell ditto!

:dito: Gosh I really wish this little guy knew how to spell ditto!

:dito: Me too Sherry! :D

Looking forward to them Marilyn! Eisha's came today!

Yay! That was pretty fast - I mailed them Friday! Shannon... did you get yours done? Can you open yet?

Thanks, Shannon - and yes - I left them at the Post Office this morning so they are on their way to you!

Of course, that darn distresser kit arrived right before I left.. Oh well.. I haven't opened it yet.

And, Yay! Elisha... :)

Thanks, Shannon - and yes - I left them at the Post Office this morning so they are on their way to you!

Of course, that darn distresser kit arrived right before I left.. Oh well.. I haven't opened it yet.

Have you opened your kit yet? How is it?

Have you opened your kit yet? How is it?

Hi Ann and Angela

Yes - just opened it this morning, but have been running on empty and very busy playing catch-up today. Just came on to report that I need to catch some ZZzzzzzz's, but will give a full report on the distressing kit tomorrow. . Unfortunately, I didn't get to use it on my ATC since it came late, but I'll tell everyone what's in it and how it looks - so far it looks like a great value. :)

'nite all..... ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Mine went in the mail yesterday. Just hope they get there on time!

Ann, of all people to say you need all the help you can get! Your ATCs are wonderful!

(It's a whole lot easier to distress digitally - I will probably stick with that).

Mine are done but I decided to wait anyways and be suprised! So once Marilyn, Gayle & Carol's arrive then I can open all 12 and it will be like Christmas!!!

You have such self control, Shannon. I would have been ripping into the envelopes as soon as they arrived at my door! :lol:

Gayle, that's so sweet of you! I feel like I'm making the whole process a lot harder than it needs to be. I need short cuts!

Ann, I think it's part of our basic insecurities, and if we don't watch it, we can get caught up in trying to outdo what we think everyone else is doing. To quote Jennifer Hofman of Inspired Home Office (and many more people, I'm sure) "We are enough. We are perfect right where we are) and so are our ATCS.

Gayle, that's so sweet of you! I feel like I'm making the whole process a lot harder than it needs to be. I need short cuts!

Ann, I think it's part of our basic insecurities, and if we don't watch it, we can get caught up in trying to outdo what we think everyone else is doing. To quote Jennifer Hofman of Inspired Home Office (and many more people, I'm sure) "We are enough. We are perfect right where we are) and so are our ATCS.

I love that quote,Gayle! It might make its way onto one of my ATCs in the future. :D

Another trip through Michaels, and I only bought what I went in for! I have the neatest edge punch...don't know if it will be usable for ATC's, but it will really help with my hybrid cards. WOO-HOO...more stuff, but just the stuff I "needed"!

I love that quote,Gayle! It might make its way onto one of my ATCs in the future. :D

Me too Gayle - great quote!

Another trip through Michaels, and I only bought what I went in for! I have the neatest edge punch...don't know if it will be usable for ATC's, but it will really help with my hybrid cards. WOO-HOO...more stuff, but just the stuff I "needed"!

LOL LOL LOL

Ann, I know all about that "needed" stuff. I have an entire overflowing room full of it! :D

Mine are done but I decided to wait anyways and be suprised! So once Marilyn, Gayle & Carol's arrive then I can open all 12 and it will be like Christmas!!!

Shannon, you are a strong woman.. :D

I was hoping that mine would have arrived to you today.. Gulp.. Not breathing 'til I'm sure they got to you safely!

Me too Gayle - great quote!

Me too.. Lovely quote and one to be remembered in all parts of life... :)

LOL LOL LOL

Ann, I know all about that "needed" stuff. I have an entire overflowing room full of it! :D

I must be very "needy" too because my craft room is also overflowing!

OKAY! About that distressing kit... I've opened it and it looks wonderful! Now, keep in mind I've never distressed (well, not on paper, anyway - heehee)... But, it seems that it has all kinds of supplies to do most anything I'd want to try. If I had to buy the individual pieces to try my hand at distressing, I'm sure it would cost a lot more than $11.99... Here goes... In a nice, compact box IS -------- (drumroll??)

1 sanding block (approx 2"x4" - nice size and has coarse and fine grit)

3 emory boards (approx 1" x 4" - good for edges and small embellishments)

4 sanding files (approx 6" long. both fine grit for less distress and coarser grit for a more distressed look. Use to distress or smooth tight corners or edges)

1 black Ink block --- and

1 brown Ink block (each approx 1" square - run or dab along edges or surface of product or use with stamps)

1 edge scraper (insert edge of piece into "V" groove of edge of scraper, making contact with blade. Run along entire length of piece as many times as needed to achieve desired effect)

3 small foam applicators (look like those small double-sided makeup brushes. Use to apply stain or paint to paper, metal or chipboard

3 effects paint (pearl, glitter, clear. Apply to any surface using foam applicator or brush to create a specialty paper look. Each bottle has 1 oz of liquid)

3 stains with dauber tops (moss, ochre, burnt sienna. Use stain with dauber top on edge of paper or lightly coat project for an aged look. WIpe off excess to get desired look. Each bottle is 1oz)

1 paint brush handle

12 medium foam brush tips for handle (clamp foam brush tip in handle. Use to apply paint or stain on project. (These look like those cheap foam applicators you can buy in michaels, except that with these you only have one handle and add the tips as you use them up. Would be easy to replace with those foam ones with wooden handles.)

The directions I added above are from the box. The description of the kit says it's designed to "use on everything from paper to embellishments. It contains all the tools you will need to get the aged, antiqued shabby chic look you want.. From what I know about distressing (virtually nothing!) I would say this is most definitely true. While you may be able to buy these pieces separately or make some substitutions, for $11.99 I got everything I need in a compact box - ready for me to experiment. I can't vouch for the quality of the stains, etc.. But, the kit is made by "Making Memories" company, which seems reputable in other scrapbook supplies and Michaels carries many of their other products. I'm happy with it! Just wish it would have arrived in time for me to try it out.. :)

I'm going to try to post a photo, but for now - hope this helps! :D EDIT - YAY! it worked! :)

post-19549-0-84664000-1333591244_thumb.jpg

post-19549-0-58389500-1333591260_thumb.jpg

Archived