Hybrid Atc Swap Final List : Flights Of Fancy

tinkerbell11

Oh dear on the dent Marilyn I'll add my grrrrrrrrrrrrrs too!

Ann my backs are way toooooo plain - I was so concentrating on the fronts I neglected the back --- my bad, I'll do better next time!

Marilyn - for the distressing I would probably do them at the same time if possible. For mine I have a smaller card stacked on top of the bottom layer AND I had to distress the layers seperately.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear on the dent Marilyn I'll add my grrrrrrrrrrrrrs too!

Ann my backs are way toooooo plain - I was so concentrating on the fronts I neglected the back --- my bad, I'll do better next time!

Marilyn - for the distressing I would probably do them at the same time if possible. For mine I have a smaller card stacked on top of the bottom layer AND I had to distress the layers seperately.

Thanks, Sherry! Appreciate your sympathetic GRRRRrsss (I'm still frowning!) and thanks for the distressing info - makes sense. I might have to do front and back together and then the top piece separately. That is if my distressing kit arrives before it's too late. And, if I can pull it off - first time distresser here. Keep your fingers crossed.... :D

OK, I've bought the bling, the ribbons, the papers, the glue runners, the mod podge....and now I have to buy a distressing kit! Does it come in pill form? How many should I take every day?

:rofl:

You are too funny Ann! Your cards are always gorgeous - can't wait to see them!

OK, I've bought the bling, the ribbons, the papers, the glue runners, the mod podge....and now I have to buy a distressing kit! Does it come in pill form? How many should I take every day?

Oh, Ann - I'm with Theresa! You are so funny and made me laugh.. :D

I'm very wary of this distressing, but this kit seems to have it all and only 11.99 - free shipping.. Check it out on Amazon

Distressing Kit

I just hope it has good directions and comes in time! I couldn't find it at Michaels, but this seemed like a great deal. :D (oops - sorry to feed buying!)

OK, whatever the next theme is I am pledged to make use of whatever I have at hand...I am overrun with supplies. True creativity means making something out of what you have on hand. I will not buy another thing! Unless, that is, I run out of something critical and I see something on sale that might be just the perfect touch. This never ends, does it? I should go back to quilting where you never have enough of just the right fabric. And now I have a closet full of "not enough" fabrics that are never going to be used. rofl.gif I hope you all like my cards, they were fun to put together.

OK, whatever the next theme is I am pledged to make use of whatever I have at hand...I am overrun with supplies. True creativity means making something out of what you have on hand. I will not buy another thing! Unless, that is, I run out of something critical and I see something on sale that might be just the perfect touch. This never ends, does it? I should go back to quilting where you never have enough of just the right fabric. And now I have a closet full of "not enough" fabrics that are never going to be used. rofl.gif I hope you all like my cards, they were fun to put together.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hear you Ann! I have made that pledge many times and now I have lots and lots of "not enough" supplies. Isn't it fun though? :D

I'm sure we're going to love your cards too - can't wait to see them! :daisy:

I went into Michael's yesterday to look for some mats for frames. I did good....until I got to the checkout line and they had sets of paper flowers in summer colors on clearance for 20 cents! I just could not pass that up!!

I hope to work on mine again this afternoon. I've got one more coat of primer to put on the wall (hopefully that will do it) and a little cleaning up to do and then I should have some free time. I'm almost to the point where I want to just stay put and not move to MD!

I'm very wary of this distressing, but this kit seems to have it all and only 11.99 - free shipping.. Check it out on Amazon

Distressing Kit

I just hope it has good directions and comes in time! I couldn't find it at Michaels, but this seemed like a great deal. :D (oops - sorry to feed buying!)

This thread is becoming very "distressing"! :rofl: I think you'll enjoy this distressing though...you can't really go wrong and you'll have a new tool in your scrap room!

Distressing Kit

This thread is becoming very "distressing"! :rofl: I think you'll enjoy this distressing though...you can't really go wrong and you'll have a new tool in your scrap room!

Angela - you made me laugh! I hope you're right - I might be back here with questions once that kit arrives.. Meanwhile.... I am losing my mind cutting out tiny little pieces for my card - what was I THINKING? Had to take a break... And so far - not only is my distressing kit MIA - my mail hasn't arrived yet either.. Oh well - back to cutting! :D

:rofl::rofl: This forum is where I come when I need a good laugh! MariJ, I cut out tiny little pieces for mine this time, too. Arghhhh! What were we thinking? I wasn't brave enough to try distressing, though.

My cards are finished and just got mailed! They're not blingy this time -- I tried something different. I hope you like them!

:rofl::rofl: This forum is where I come when I need a good laugh! MariJ, I cut out tiny little pieces for mine this time, too. Arghhhh! What were we thinking? I wasn't brave enough to try distressing, though.

My cards are finished and just got mailed! They're not blingy this time -- I tried something different. I hope you like them!

Me too, Diane- I love this thread and come for entertainment and wonderful smiles. :)

What were we thinking, indeed! Still very wary of distressing and anxiously awaiting my kit.. Oh well.. Back to cutting..

Me too, Diane- I love this thread and come for entertainment and wonderful smiles. :)

What were we thinking, indeed! Still very wary of distressing and anxiously awaiting my kit.. Oh well.. Back to cutting..

Oh my goodness I agree with you girls - this thread is an absolute hoot --- Ann you almost made me spew all over my computer, does it come in pill form LOL!!!!

Marilyn and Diane I'm in the cutting tiny pieces group too AND to top it off I had a big something AND 2 little somethings to cut for each ATC!

Oh my goodness I agree with you girls - this thread is an absolute hoot --- Ann you almost made me spew all over my computer, does it come in pill form LOL!!!!

Marilyn and Diane I'm in the cutting tiny pieces group too AND to top it off I had a big something AND 2 little somethings to cut for each ATC!

Oh, this is so intriguing. Sherry - you and me and Diane can be in the funny farm together cutting up paper into little tiny pieces! Can't wait to see these all.. I've finished cutting the little pieces and the big ones - will give my distressor kit another few days to arrive - they will be quick enough to put together and send to Shannon nearby.

PS - this is my favorite thread each month. Worth the cutting out tiny pieces! :)

OK so Jane's cards arrived today too! Now two envelopes unopened, nerves of steel! LOL, mine are designed to print tomorrow at staples since my printer is officially NOT working.

Wow, Shannon - you are ONE strong woman - pretty amazing that you cn resist the urge to peek!

Are you allowed after you print yours? Heehee! :D

Well, it's obvious to me that this challenge is a real character builder! I have been able to get through Michaels with only one purchase, and Shannon is letting those envelopes languish unopened. We are strong women, getting stronger with each round. And, of course, we would all like her to open them and tell us what's inside! Can't wait to see yours, Marilyn, so I can decide if I need one of those distressing kits. My daily life seems to be filled with enough distress, I have never thought about buying more!

Well, it's obvious to me that this challenge is a real character builder! I have been able to get through Michaels with only one purchase, and Shannon is letting those envelopes languish unopened. We are strong women, getting stronger with each round. And, of course, we would all like her to open them and tell us what's inside! Can't wait to see yours, Marilyn, so I can decide if I need one of those distressing kits. My daily life seems to be filled with enough distress, I have never thought about buying more!

Ann, you are the best and always make me giggle.. Anxiously awaiting that kit and then let's see how well I can make it work. Fingers crossed! :)

Ann, you are the best and always make me giggle.. Anxiously awaiting that kit and then let's see how well I can make it work. Fingers crossed! :)

wish my fingers were crossed..they're still glued together!

wish my fingers were crossed..they're still glued together!

Laughing again Ann.. This is where I come to start my morning.. Sending you a nice warm soak for those fingers!

:rofl:

(this guy looks like he's having a temper tantrum but it says "rofl"!)

I recreated my ATC's as I could not find one bling thing to go with my first ATC. Went to Michael's, Joann's, Walmart, and Target. I was just about to give up on the whole thing when an idea came to me.

Adding bling right now and then off to the post office.

MariJ I checked out the 'distressing' kit at Amazon. I have one question for you: What in heavens name is bone folder aging dye? I shudder to think....

Oh, my Carol - I must admit I have no idea. :blush:

I wondered that myself and if maybe it was supposed to be separated as in "aging dye" and "bone folder"?

All I know is I agree with you - (shudder-wise) and as my distresser kit still hasn't arrived, when it does I will open it VERY carefully.

And, let you know. :)

Archived