Hybrid Atc Swap Final List : Flights Of Fancy

tinkerbell11

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, my distressing kit STILL has not arrived. :( I am patiently waiting (errr... maybe not so patiently!) -- giving it a few more days before I have to move along without it. My cards are all ready and waiting... Good thing Shannon's only in the next state! :)

All this distressing talk is making me nervous! My cards left only my scissors (and my hand- whew!) distressed. But they're done - ready to be photographed and will be "fluttering" out to the post today!

All this distressing talk is making me nervous! My cards left only my scissors (and my hand- whew!) distressed. But they're done - ready to be photographed and will be "fluttering" out to the post today!

Oh, gosh - thanks Elisha for reminding me to take a pic before they go.... Whew - so much to remember!

Finally remembered to sign the cards and to number them. Forgot to take a photo of one all blinged up before I put them in the mail. Oh well, I wasn't that crazy about how my cards turned out anyway. My first card is in the garbage, as I couldn't find any bling to go with it. So I had to create another card and ended up not liking it.

Finally remembered to sign the cards and to number them. Forgot to take a photo of one all blinged up before I put them in the mail. Oh well, I wasn't that crazy about how my cards turned out anyway. My first card is in the garbage, as I couldn't find any bling to go with it. So I had to create another card and ended up not liking it.

Congrats on remembering to sign and date them Carol! I'll bet they came out a lot nicer than what you think they did - I'm looking forward to seeing them! :D

Awwww.. Carol - your work is always so lovely. Anxious to see them - to see them ALL! :)

Ann, I bet you have a "bone folder" in your sewing notions. The same tool is called a seam creaser and point turner, I believe. It's usually much cheaper in the sewing notions department. You use them in papercrafts to score thick paper (with a ruler) prior to folding it, and to smooth out the fold so it's nice and even and "sharp." They're very handy for getting a nice fold on ATCs.

Mine are ready to pack up and mail. Planning on tomorrow for that.

Gayle, I'm laughing out loud! I don't have one of those sewing tools, but I do have a handy tool that I've used to score the card stock before folding...it's called a golf tee! Works like a charm! Folding and creasing is not my problem...it's just the overall design and execution.

Gayle, I'm laughing out loud! I don't have one of those sewing tools, but I do have a handy tool that I've used to score the card stock before folding...it's called a golf tee! Works like a charm! Folding and creasing is not my problem...it's just the overall design and execution.

Oh my goodness Ann - I never would have thought of using a golf tee AND I seem to always have plenty of those around!

When all else has failed me in the past I have used just a plain ol' butter knife for creasing.

I :bighug: this thread --- I can always count on it for a good :rofl: Thanks Ladies :clap:

I have a seam creaser/point turner in my notions, and I've tried using it to crease paper. However, mine is made of bamboo and doesn't glide over paper like a plastic or teflon tool would and it didn't work well. I've looked at the bone folders in the craft store, but was aghast at the price for such a small simple tool.

I'll just keep on using a butter knife, like Sherry!

My cards got mailed yesterday - so watch out for them, Shannon! :disappearing-smilie:

Oh my goodness Ann - I never would have thought of using a golf tee AND I seem to always have plenty of those around!

When all else has failed me in the past I have used just a plain ol' butter knife for creasing.

I :bighug: this thread --- I can always count on it for a good :rofl: Thanks Ladies :clap:

I ditto that, Sherry! :rofl:

Gosh, this is the best thread around!

Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that my infamous "distresser kit" arrives today. I really wanted to try/use it on this ATC but can't wait much longer than the weekend...

Well... maybe Monday???? Shannon DOES only live a state away. :) But I don't want to be holding-up-the-show.. :D

Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that my infamous "distresser kit" arrives today. I really wanted to try/use it on this ATC but can't wait much longer than the weekend...

Well... maybe Monday???? Shannon DOES only live a state away. :) But I don't want to be holding-up-the-show.. :D

Marilyn please don't stress about your distresser --- seems to me if you sent them by Weds. they would still be there before April 6th, right?

Marilyn please don't stress about your distresser --- seems to me if you sent them by Weds. they would still be there before April 6th, right?

Awwww.... Thanks Sherry - this distresser stuff has been a handy topic, huh?

Just wrote this whole post about how it came and I stepped on the box at the door... Just opened the box. It was something else and NOT my distressing kit. Not happy here... :(

Just wrote this whole post about how it came and I stepped on the box at the door... Just opened the box. It was something else and NOT my distressing kit. Not happy here... :(

Sigh.............. sorry that isn't what was in the box BUT I did just go to the kitchen and try something LOL --- if you are just going for the rough edges type of distressing there are a couple of things you can try, I just got out my potato peeler AND a piece of cardstock AND the peeler works great for roughing up those edges!

Marilyn, it's not quite the same but before I got my little distressing kits I used a magic marker lightly to distress the edges of things - it worked fine and as long as you keep a light touch, it's fine.

Sigh.............. sorry that isn't what was in the box BUT I did just go to the kitchen and try something LOL --- if you are just going for the rough edges type of distressing there are a couple of things you can try, I just got out my potato peeler AND a piece of cardstock AND the peeler works great for roughing up those edges!

Marilyn, it's not quite the same but before I got my little distressing kits I used a magic marker lightly to distress the edges of things - it worked fine and as long as you keep a light touch, it's fine.

Another thing that works great is en emery board or even a little piece of fine sandpaper...

Well, now let's see. It seems that I now need a distressing kit or a lot of make-do tools, some border punches, a collection of Copic markers, more colors of Stickles, glue sticks in varying widths, and lots of bling. Egads!! This is getting worse than quilting! And I'm sure there's lots more toys that I don't even know about!

Archived