About The Changes In The Newsletters

ScrapGirlsRo

I was away when the changes happened ,and I had no access to my emails so I was not sure what was going on. I like reading the newsletters everyday. Although I admit at times do not have time to open them. The tutorials have been a great learning tool for me, since I never paper scrapped and two years ago this was a new world for me. I always loved photography but just stored pictures on my computer and had boxes of photos.

I looked at the blog today and I admit much easier to find a tutorial then sifting through newsletters, especially on a Mac because I could not extract the tutorials from the newsletters.

It is great that you provide information about the changes, necessary I am not sure. As a business changes happen, and that is the job of the boss to make changes.Understand that your site is well liked. The members respect each other, the members respect all your designers and staff. It is a fun place to visit. All people have good and bad in their lives and this site is a place to share some fun, support and praise and for a moment to forget about the bad.

Sincerely,Sherri

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guilty of letting newsletters pile up in my inbox for days before I get around to reading them. Don't get me wrong...I love the newsletters! I just have too many email addresses to check each morning, and I always forget about the Yahoo account where my newsletters are sent. :hit-head-with-hammer:

I love the newsletters, but as a small business owner myself, completely understand that you have to do what your passion, energy and budget support. That changes from time to time. I don't get to do as many chats or challenges as some, so the changes there aren't as material to me.

I'll continue to read the newsletters and support Scrap Girls--no worries!

I have been a Scrap Girls member since November 2007 and I love being part of such a wonderful community. I've seen changes over the past four plus years and might not have liked them all at the beginning. However, I got used to the changes real fast and I'm sure that I will again with these changes. I for one read the newsletter each and every day. I've got all the newsletters saved on Yahoo! going back to my first one in 2007. I might never read the old ones, but I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them.

I've never been a 'blog' person, but I will certainly give the SG a try and see what it's all about.

Thank you, Ro, for the explanation of the changes to the newsletter. It is wonderful and each and every person who has a part in putting it together has my admiration and thanks. Keep up the fabulous work. I am with you 100%.

The really nice thing about the Scrap Girls blog for those of us non-blog literate folks is that if you subscribe via email, it's just getting a second email from Scrap Girls with pertinent information - a tutorial, or info about the clubs.

Great idea about the reader, Jode. Andrea is going to be writing some articles about the blog (which will appear twice a month in the NL) and I'll ask her to explain all about readers.

I'm warning you, though... you'll get hooked! I have a RSS reader on my iPad that pulls in all of the blogs I subscribe to with the Google readers. I enjoy it so much that I read them every night. It's better than a newspaper. Very relaxing and I can easily keep up with people and companies I follow.

And as others have said, we have the option to follow the blog via email delivery. I've just moved the subscription methods up higher in the right-hand column so that you can see what is going on better.

I truly, truly, truly appreciate everyone's support. You guys are the bestest!

Thanks so much for the update Ro. As a former CEO of a small Non profit, the one thing I leaned is that you can never communicate too much. You do a great job. I am fairly new to SG, but I absolutely love it. I have learned so much, and everyone here is so kind and helpful. I am not a blog reader either, but if that is what I need to do to keep up with SG happenings that is what I will do!

Isn't if funny how we often let something we love doing get the best of us!!?? Hang in there, take care of yourself, and keep up the great work.

Ro, I know exactly how you feel about putting too much pressure on yourself so it sucks all the fun out of things. I am glad you came up with a solution that I think works out better for most of us. I actually really like the new format, especially the product descriptions in the layout section. I have a whole lot of unread NLs but I too will never delete them :)

For the record, I feel that Scrapgirls is my home and family, so you are stuck with me. I read the newsletter first thing, before anything. It was the newsletters and the Freebies (quality ones, I might add.) that first made me take time to get to know the online home. I also save the newsletters, and often go back to check before ordering something. This is such a friendly place, and I appreciate your explaining things to us.

I'm not a facebook, twitter, or blog type of person. That wastes more time for me than reading a newletter. but I will adjust, and understand. I know only too well about over burdening yourself to the point of stress.

Please take care of yourself, and enjoy life. I became so stressed years :bighug: ago that I haven't been able to paint or write stories in years. Scrapbooking is an extension of my genealogy and photography.

Take care,

Well, all I can say is if there's some magical way to see that my newsletters are stacking up unopened - SEND HELP! :walkinghelmet: Seriously. I never go more than a couple of days without reading them.

Well, all I can say is if there's some magical way to see that my newsletters are stacking up unopened - SEND HELP! :walkinghelmet: Seriously. I never go more than a couple of days without reading them.

I laughed at "send help" but me too, Smoky. I've loved and enjoyed those Newsletters and mine never stack up more than 2 days. I was even in the hospital last year for major surgery and was sitting in bed the morning after, reading my NL on a tiny iPod Touch screen! :D

I laughed at "send help" but me too, Smoky. I've loved and enjoyed those Newsletters and mine never stack up more than 2 days. I was even in the hospital last year for major surgery and was sitting in bed the morning after, reading my NL on a tiny iPod Touch screen! :D

Now is that dedication or addiction? ;):giggle_bear: (It's ok, I'm addicted to SG too!)

The NL in the morning is like my wake-up-my-mind call. I'll adjust but I hope there's not too much of a change. I've tried the blogs, and it is not the same. So, thanks to everyone who works on the newsletters, and sorry if you thought we took you for granted. SG is the happening place, and the newletter is a big part of it. Everyone goes to so much trouble to put on contests and challenges for us, and the NL is the same. (I think I am repeating myself today!)

Smokey, I think I need help!

Oh my, NOW I understand! I thought for sure that my email system was truncating my newsletter somehow. But then all the ending information was still there, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Now I know nothing was wrong! HOORAY for ScrapGirls! By the way, I think I may have gotten another person addicted your site! ;) I'll have to remind her about the blog!

Oh my, NOW I understand! I thought for sure that my email system was truncating my newsletter somehow. But then all the ending information was still there, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Now I know nothing was wrong! HOORAY for ScrapGirls! By the way, I think I may have gotten another person addicted your site! ;) I'll have to remind her about the blog!

It's so easy to become addicted isn't it? LOL!!!

The NL in the morning is like my wake-up-my-mind call. I'll adjust but I hope there's not too much of a change. I've tried the blogs, and it is not the same. So, thanks to everyone who works on the newsletters, and sorry if you thought we took you for granted. SG is the happening place, and the newletter is a big part of it. Everyone goes to so much trouble to put on contests and challenges for us, and the NL is the same. (I think I am repeating myself today!)

Smokey, I think I need help!

Well, I agree Jen. I've tried the blogs - just doesn't do it for me and I miss my early morning NL fix as I was an avid reader top-to-bottom! :)

Oh, well.. I'll keep trying for now....

Hmmmm.... I hear the stress in your letter. I feel like an *** for not having found the blog before (other than the RoPaxman.com blog), and am super happy to find it now because I have been missing the goodies in the newsletter. But you have helped me "see" and I thank you.

Here are some things you should know:

Over the last couple of years, when I didn't have time for anything else, I have made a conscious choice to visit ScrapGirls.com almost every day. That may not seem like much until I tell you that there are NO other sites that have impressed me so much. So you are often the ONLY site I visit. And I'm not "just sayin' that!

ScrapGirls is the creme de la creme in every way that matters to me, which includes, quality of products, really good design, breadth of tools, providing inspiration, tutorials, reasonable prices, thoughtful connections to my life, amazing telephone support, and a wholesome, well-rounded business ethic and friendliness. Do you know how rare that is in this world? You are amazing. Period.

I track what I spend just to discipline myself and I have had to ask how appropriate it was that I spend more than 3 times at ScrapGirls what I spend at any other site. The good news is that in reviewing my purchases, I have satisfied myself that I'm not wasting one cent, at least in my "humble opinion." We all know people who have hobbies like golf, even quillting, where the expenditure is on a totally different scale - $thousands! - and I think of the long-term, non-expiring value of the products and pure pleasures I have added to my stash, ... and I sleep easy. Sure, I have to be careful what I spend, but I am, and so way waste a moment worrying that my treasure trove is excessive or wasted?

So I'm not happy to hear that you have over-done it trying to make me happy to the point where your energy and enthusiasm are in danger of damaging the best scrapping site around. Knock it off, please, and live lives that you want to scrap about. Only by doing so can you continue to be what you have become.

And, Ro, when you get down in the dumps, consider yourself in good company, wallow in it for a while as therapy, just to keep balance in your life, then re-read this and see if that helps.

Hugs all 'round! I love you guys!

Peggy

And, Ro, when you get down in the dumps, consider yourself in good company, wallow in it for a while as therapy, just to keep balance in your life, then re-read this and see if that helps.

Peggy

Thank you so much, Peggy. Very well timed post.

Hugs back!

Peggy, I think you just gave the whole newsletter team warm fuzzies - thank you for your high praise and I join you in it. Our team is the best!

Hmmmm.... I hear the stress in your letter. I feel like an *** for not having found the blog before (other than the RoPaxman.com blog), and am super happy to find it now because I have been missing the goodies in the newsletter. But you have helped me "see" and I thank you.

Here are some things you should know:

Over the last couple of years, when I didn't have time for anything else, I have made a conscious choice to visit ScrapGirls.com almost every day. That may not seem like much until I tell you that there are NO other sites that have impressed me so much. So you are often the ONLY site I visit. And I'm not "just sayin' that!

ScrapGirls is the creme de la creme in every way that matters to me, which includes, quality of products, really good design, breadth of tools, providing inspiration, tutorials, reasonable prices, thoughtful connections to my life, amazing telephone support, and a wholesome, well-rounded business ethic and friendliness. Do you know how rare that is in this world? You are amazing. Period.

I track what I spend just to discipline myself and I have had to ask how appropriate it was that I spend more than 3 times at ScrapGirls what I spend at any other site. The good news is that in reviewing my purchases, I have satisfied myself that I'm not wasting one cent, at least in my "humble opinion." We all know people who have hobbies like golf, even quillting, where the expenditure is on a totally different scale - $thousands! - and I think of the long-term, non-expiring value of the products and pure pleasures I have added to my stash, ... and I sleep easy. Sure, I have to be careful what I spend, but I am, and so way waste a moment worrying that my treasure trove is excessive or wasted?

So I'm not happy to hear that you have over-done it trying to make me happy to the point where your energy and enthusiasm are in danger of damaging the best scrapping site around. Knock it off, please, and live lives that you want to scrap about. Only by doing so can you continue to be what you have become.

Peggy

Ro - thank you for your thorough communication. As one who appreciated the effort that goes into the newsletters, I wasn't always able to give them the time they deserved and so I really like the changes you have made. Blogs and being able to receive updates by RSS has changed the way I like to keep in touch with my favorite places. One thing came to mind when reading through the post, a saying I heard sometime back that has stuck with me, "you are pruned if you do and pruned if you don't". Thank you and your team, it is a credit to you and all who are apart of it that makes it such a support active place to connect. :)

My goodness - I just discovered this thread this morning! I had noticed that the newsletter seemed a bit shorter, but I spend a lot of time each morning investigating the products used on the layouts displayed, and always read the tutorial. However, I may have been guilty of not opening the emailed newsletter - often I just go directly to the link on the web page, and delete the email after I'm sure the link is there. I hope that doesn't skew your data significantly - the only time I actually miss an issue is when we're traveling in our RV and have no web access; in 2010, that was most of a a 75 day trip. Aside from that, I think Peggy spoke eloquently for all of us. Scrap Girls is a wonderful community, as well as an excellent source of supplies and information. Thank you, Ro and all you team, for all that you do to keep it so.

Thanks for being so open and honest with us, Ro. It really means a lot.

I didn't notice a big change in the newsletters. I admit, I rarely read the tutorials. I gawk at the pretty layouts and grab the free download, but that's about it. So as far as I'm concerned, anything that makes it easier for you is great!

I must admit, I'm not a fan of RSS feeds or blogs in general. I find I just can't keep up with them. I can read and keep up with one email in my mailbox. But I have a potato chip mentality when it comes to blogs -- I can't stop at just one. So before I know it I've got a thousand RSS feeds (I wish I was kidding!) and the idea of opening up the reader overwhelms me.

Archived