How Do I Use One Photo In 3 Photo Template

Joey

I am using PictureIt2 from SNU_SSDLAT_85x11 PictureIt in PSP X3. I would like to put one photo in the three spots for Photos 4,5, and 6, with the picture broken up within each photo spot. Boy, did that make any sense at all? There is a white area between each spot and I would like a paper underneath to frame the photo into 3 different frames. Does that make any better sense? The photo attached maybe will help. If anyone can figure out what I am trying to do and then help me with some instructions it would be much appreciated.

Joey I think I understand what you mean --- so let's see if this helps you.

First, if there are 3 photo masks for those photos I would start by duplicating them (in case I didn't like how it turned out) then I would turn of the duplicate mask.

Second, I would then merge those 3 layers.

Third, I would place my photo on top and clip it to the merged layers.

Is that about as clear as mud? LOL

Hopefully this helped if not let me know what I didn't understand --- we'll get this worked out!

I am soooo excited. I have been working on this since right after lunch and it is so simple that I feel absolutely simple for making it so hard. I placed my photo over the three templates, lowered the opacity so I could see the templates, used my selection tool(rectangle) set at replace, and selected each area between the templates and erased with my background eraser. Then I added my papers. This may not be the most professional method, but it sure worked for me. I am working in Paint Shop Pro so I don't know if any of this works in PS

It's great that there is always more than one way to do something is PS and PSE. That's what makes it such fun. Your could also use one photo spot for an embellishment and one for journaling. I acually like the way you did it. I have not tried that before.

Archived