Blending Tutorials?

jenrou

OK, I'm dense, it seems. I need some step by step info on using the Blendability kits, and also the new SS club Artist's canvas/Artist's diary pages. I know Angie has a tut in the collections, but as I said...I'm dense. Are there anymore tuts anywhere else on blending?Help!

If you don't have this book already, you could download Scrap Simple Basics. It's in the boutique and it's free! The newsletter also has tutorials often. There was one just recentlyh on blending but, unfortunately, I don't have the date. You could try a search. If I find it, I'll comment again to let you know. My usual method is to just jump in and experiment. My results are often good for a laugh or two, but sometimes something turns out great!

OK, I'm dense, it seems. I need some step by step info on using the Blendability kits, and also the new SS club Artist's canvas/Artist's diary pages. I know Angie has a tut in the collections, but as I said...I'm dense. Are there anymore tuts anywhere else on blending?Help!

Jean, here's the link to a recent newsletter tutorial: What Are Blending Modes?, and here's another one: Blending Photos Into Your Background, and here's a University Tutorial I like: Feathering Photos Together HTH

Here's a video that may also be helpful:

Thanks, both of you, I've seen these two blending modes tutorials, and gone online about the different types of blending modes. What I don't understand is what to do with the March SS Club Artist's diary/canvas kits. I know they can be masks and different things. Also I bought two of BMU Bendibility (sp?)kits and don't know how to use them. Do you put the blender pages over or under and clip? I'll read again the simple steps books. I tried using the SS club pages and it was total "huh?" to me. I have all of these SS clubs that I never use because I don't know how to use them.

Thanks anyhow, I'll try to figure it out. I appreciate the tutorials that are put out by some of the designers.

Thanks, both of you, I've seen these two blending modes tutorials, and gone online about the different types of blending modes. What I don't understand is what to do with the March SS Club Artist's diary/canvas kits. I know they can be masks and different things. Also I bought two of BMU Bendibility (sp?)kits and don't know how to use them. Do you put the blender pages over or under and clip? I'll read again the simple steps books. I tried using the SS club pages and it was total "huh?" to me. I have all of these SS clubs that I never use because I don't know how to use them.

Thanks anyhow, I'll try to figure it out. I appreciate the tutorials that are put out by some of the designers.

Hi Jean. Have you tried following along with Angie's Tutorial: Working with ScrapSimple Paper Templates: My Art Canvas? This is in the SS Club Bonus folder, and will take you step by step through three of the templates that are in this month's SS Club. HTH

Yes, but I will try it again. I appreciate her including it, even if I am too dense to understand it. haha. I suppose a lot of my problem with some of those items, is I don't really know what they are. I can use masks, and the blending modes located near the layers, but I don't understand what those pages are for. The more I try to explain the sillier I feel. Thanks again for your help. I'll keep trying when my pc will behave. Don't worry about it, sooner or later it will click.

You can do either way. Put one page at the top, blend and see what you get. Or the other way around. Some of the SS pages you can use the Magic Tool to pick out sections, change them and then pick out something else, change that color. Then blend into a plain colored page. There is no limit to what you can do. Just select two pages and play around. There was a blending class a while back. It was fantastic. Look for the e-book in the boutique. Also the brush class book had a lot of blending in. Experiment in the name of the game. HTH.

Jean I have the blendability sets and use them a lot. I use them as clipping masks, i put a photo on top, press ctrl+g and hey presto my photo is beautifully blended into my paper below the mask. You could do it the other way around (photo on the bottom and paper on the top) or use them to blend two papers together using the same method.

As for ss papers, like this months kit, you will have to do as Belle says and experiment. Just remember if you use a blending mode (darken, multiply, lighten, overlay, etc), the result is effected by what is below it, which is why you get different results if you put your colour or paper above or below the ss paper layer.

Just one more thing to remember, we all have different tastes and styles. If you like what you have created, that's all that really matters.

I hope you work this out and get results you love.

Great advice, Valerie!

I start by putting a photomask on top of my photo, for sizing and placement. Then I move it under the photo. I generally forget to switch the active layer back to the photo layer, and have a blank moment when I press control G and nothing happens. I undo, move the active layer up to the photo, and it works fine. Just trying to reassure you that you aren't the only one! But the more you play with them, the more you will love them.

It's not that you are dense, your brain is wired a little differently. You're perfect the way you are!

Archived