March Swap Croppers!

CRS

How are you all doing? The reveal and post day is this Saturday! It is sneaking up on me!! Time is just flying by way too fast. Anywho, just wanted to check in with you all and see how you are doing. Also, any ideas for next month's theme would be very welcome!!!

Time has flown and I'm still not done with the layout. I work better with last minute scrapping, so I know that I'll have it all ready by Saturday for uploading.

Here are some ideas for April. Earth Day is April 22nd. Arbor Day is April 27th.

April 1st is All Fools Day. April 1st is also Palm Sunday and Easter is April 8th. Passover starts Friday April 6th at Sundown.

Patriots' Day is a civic holiday observed in the commonwealth of Massachusetts and Maine. It commemorates the American Revolutionary War, fought on April 19, 1775.

Tax Day is April 17th.

I'm sure others will come up with more ideas for the swap.

I would like to say that I've been done for days and days...but that wouldn't be true! In fact, I just sent my photos (just a few) off to Valerie. We've been PM'ing back and forth...I've been waiting for mother nature to cooperate for the pictures I wanted and she (Valerie) was happy to wait. Mother Nature failed me, but I got her some photos along the theme I had in mind. And some journaling...that's a big accomplishment for me! Don't worry, Lei...you will have a layout (or two)...those beautiful photos have piqued my creative juices!

I'll be starting Ann's this morning. As for next month, When I think of April I think Easter and then the Easter bunnies. So what about an animal theme. I don't know if you have done it recently but I thought I would suggest it.

I don't wanna sound like a pain as I usually do mine last minute like Valerie and Carol... but this time I did it the same day I received Belle's pics as I had a plan in my head of how it should look... now I am just waiting for the last minute to tweak it and it's ready! As for themes... ummm... I like the idea of change as you are going into Spring more and we are into Autumn... but I am open to any... I just think it may be harder for Valerie and myself amongst others to do Arbor Day or patriot themes as we don't have those events here... If someone sends journalling I can do it!!!

Like Jody says, I would need some help and guidance to create a layout on a patriot theme, its something we just don't do here, It's not very English!. However, I can think of some fun ideas for pictures that would very Loosely fit that theme, In fact the idea is growing on me. Scrap my animal idea!

Don't you love it when a layout just jumps onto your screen? I spent about an hour this afternoon getting started on Lei's...and I'm all done except for the tweaking. It's a little different, and I'll need to check it several times to be sure it's ok. Let the tweaking begin!!

I did Ann's yesterday, and checked it today. This is not always a good thing to do, many a layout has been trashed the next day! But no worries this time, I still love it, I don't even think it needs tweaking.

This is the first swap I've missed in a looooong time. It's been a very busy month for me, so it's a good thing I didn't do it this time. I like the idea of "change" for next month. Just an added little note -- I sure do miss the chats, this one & lots of others too.

This is the first swap I've missed in a looooong time. It's been a very busy month for me, so it's a good thing I didn't do it this time. I like the idea of "change" for next month. Just an added little note -- I sure do miss the chats, this one & lots of others too.

Miss you too Ann!!!

I finished Aggie's layout this morning. I'm taking a day off from the heavy work around here today :). I'm not going to tweak it....I'm not going to tweak it, I'm not going to tweak it!

Wouldn't it be nice if our editing programs had a timer feature like our ovens...when the layout is done, a beeper goes off. Adobe, are you listening??rofl.gif

I think more to the point would be if it wouldn't let you work on it anymore. Maybe a mouse capture thing & when you start moving things less than say 1/4 inch, it cuts you off.

Wouldn't it be nice if our editing programs had a timer feature like our ovens...when the layout is done, a beeper goes off. Adobe, are you listening??rofl.gif

I think more to the point would be if it wouldn't let you work on it anymore. Maybe a mouse capture thing & when you start moving things less than say 1/4 inch, it cuts you off.

Oh, I need one of those. I've been moving the photos by tiny amounts each time I look at it today.rofl.gif

How about adding a feature where you can't open the file more than say ten times.

I am thinking I am the odd one here... I rarely tweak. About the only thing I change is spelling if I see a problem. LOL

I am all done with Jane's - I was having a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do & decided to challenge myself to a speed scrap sort of thing. LOL I like how it came out & sure hope she enjoys it too!

In the mean time I am trying to figure out how to "make" some DIY studio lights with my husband's shop lights - thinking if I bounce it off the ceiling it will work. With that in mind because of the maternity shoot I am doing Sunday, I think a "new beginnings" theme could be fun? Changes would work great too. Patriot's Day sounds interesting but I would have nothing for it, the only thing remotely related to that theme would be my 4th of July stuff from '07 but I just scrapped those in our speed scrap this week. LOL

I'm starting on Joyce's now (for me it's less stressful so I don't sit there and worry about it!! LOL)! I'll have it done by tomorrow for upload, I might even upload it tonight since tomorrow's sounding like a pretty busy day already! First thing I thought of for a theme was "April Showers". It could be pictures from baby showers, wedding showers, rain showers or even regular showers(how many people have pictures of their kids in bathtubs?! HEHE!). I'm thinking a poll might be a good thing!! There are a LOT of good ideas here!! :)

I am done. I have saved with "final" in the title...that does it. I'm ready to upload first thing in the morning, which will be close to noon for most of you. You'll just have to wait, Lei! And I hope you like what I've done.

Archived