Hybrid Card Swap

CRS

Time for another round of the Hybrid Card Swap! Just reply to this thread if you are interested in joining this round. You have until April 5th to sign up, and then I'll partner people up on April 6th. Just contact your partners (we'll do a round robin type swap) to see what 2 types of cards they would like you to make for them and their mailing address.

It's really a lot of fun to create and to receive! So join in!!

Participants:

Sherry

Kim

Dianne

Lei

Wendee

Karen

Shannon

AnnBK

Nicole

Sheryl

Ummm, Ann, that is not going to fly with me, lol! I love what you did and your cards were perfect! No excuses, Miss!

Go Carla! (I also lack confidence in what I produce, but I keep trying to improve...and my recipients are always so gracious!)

Kim, your cards were just so wonderful. I would be proud to send them to anyone. Mine...not so much...I thought they looked very amateurish. I don't feel like I'm making an even swap here.

Ann, your cards did not look amateurish, but I know the feeling of thinking your cards do not measure up. But I've been in 3 swaps now and each time I learn something new that makes the process more enjoyable. Each time I'm a little happier with my results. I haven't received any cards that I haven't been delighted with! So I hope you'll give it another go!

p.s. I highly recommend going to a bookstore and perusing some of the card magazines! It's been a great way for me to break down the basic elements of card creation and see how I can transfer those concepts to digital. It's challenged me to learn some new techniques along the way (and makes me extra glad for my space-saving, super flexible digital supplies!)I have a lot to learn but i'm having fun with it!

How long do we have to get these done? I'm hoping that spring is going to show up some day and I'll get to spend more time outdoors. I'd kind of like to give this one more try just to see if I can improve. Kim's suggestion to start with Staples card blanks was very helpful. If I have at least a month, I can probably join in.

I have to ponder this one, I have not been satisfied with anything I've produced yet. I should practice some more before I send things off to others.

Ann I stumbled upon this thread while looking for another and have to strongly object as the receiver of your VERY first cards! They were lovely, I used both of them already and each recipient was delighted (as was I)!

I understand a little of your distress as I too, still don't quite "get" either the hybrid cards or ATC techniques and feel a bit at a loss when making them.

But, please don't discount your efforts, truly - I loved yours that you sent me. K? :)

I mailed one of Ann's cards and they loved it! When I talked to her on her birthday, she loved it!! So don't sell yourself short, Ann. You have until May 15th, so that's tons of time!

I feel like I'm almost completely outfitted for this round....found some blank white cards and envelopes in Michaels which I can decorate with my goody stash. And I splurged on an edge punch....I'm really going to have a fun time with this swap!

Archived