Installing Styles In Pse 7.0

Ross434

Help please! I'm trying to install several layer styles into PSE 7.0 on a PC running Windows 7. I've tried following the instructions I downloaded with the styles when I purchased them, but the folder structure referenced in the instructions does not match what's on my machine. Can anyone tell me where I need to put the files so I can use them in PSE? Thanks!

Help please! I'm trying to install several layer styles into PSE 7.0 on a PC running Windows 7. I've tried following the instructions I downloaded with the styles when I purchased them, but the folder structure referenced in the instructions does not match what's on my machine. Can anyone tell me where I need to put the files so I can use them in PSE? Thanks!

For PSE 7.0 in Windows 7 you will need to copy the .asl files to this location:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Photo Creations\layer styles

If you are sure you’ve correctly installed the style, and they are still not showing up you will

need to rebuild your database. This is done simply, so Photoshop Elements will recognize your

newly installed items. To do this, delete the mediadatabase.db3 file which will be found in the

following path:

C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > YourVersion > Locale > en_us.

In this folder you’ll see a file called MediaDatabase.db3, right click on this file and choose

“Delete” from the pop up menu and restart Photoshop Elements. This may take a few moments,

but once it’s done you should be able to see the new items you installed.

I've copied/pasted this information from the free handbook which you can find here: Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

Let us know if you still need help. BTW, welcome to Scrap Girls!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. One problem though with your instructions: I don't have a "Photo Creations" folder anywhere under my PSE application folder. So now what? Does this mean I need to re-install PSE?

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. One problem though with your instructions: I don't have a "Photo Creations" folder anywhere under my PSE application folder. So now what? Does this mean I need to re-install PSE?

Thanks!

Are you sure you are looking under C:\Program Data and not Application Data?

Yes. Here's the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0. But from there, no Photo Creations folder.

I just pulled out my PSE 7 install disk and noticed that is says for XP & Vista, but does not list Windows 7. I'm wondering if maybe that's part of my problem. It's always run extremely slow on this computer. Perhaps it's time to just upgrade rather than fuss with re-installing.

You don't want C:\Program Files (x86)

You want C:\Program Data

My PSE 7 install disk also says for XP and Vista, and it ran fine on Windows 7 HTH

I don't have a "Program Data" folder. I just did a search and the folder doesn't exist.

Hmmmm, in that case I have no idea what to tell you... so sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

Maybe someone else who knows more than I do will come along with some help for you, or maybe if you contact the people at Adobe they would be able to help you out.

The file is hidden. You must go into My computer to unhide it. Can't remember the path. Our power is out at the moment and it's dark here so I can't find it now. The instructions are in the freebie e book in the boutique. If you don't find it, I can try to get the instuctions later on. I always use Add-O-Matic.

Archived