Choosing Fonts

Guest Sharebear57

Guest Sharebear57
How do you know what font will work well on a layout? I always have trouble picking one that will convey the right "feeling" or "mood" to work with the page. I also have a hard time choosing fonts that go together (for titles and journaling). How do you know how to choose the right one? Any advice would be appreciated!

I have thousands of fonts so this is an issue for me too! I use a basic font like times new or ariel and after I get what I want typed I highlight it all and then putting my curser in the text chooser box use the up/down arrows to scroll thru till I find one I like. I have a couple I use a lot but just play until I find the "right" one.

Not real helpful, I know but............lol!

Guest sfcgijill
I had a trial version of a font organizer that I used to print them all up, now I just flip thru the book and find the one I want. Too cheap to buy the organizer!

Guest Sharebear57
I have a sheet with all of fonts printed in alphabetical order, then I was thinking maybe I should rearrange it to be grouped like : handwriting, cursive, special, etc. (I haven't put a lot of thought into the categories yet), but I still don't really know how to pick one after I do that. Or how to match them together.

Guest Happy99
There is a font organizer called The Font Thing at [url="http://www.ozemail.com.au/~scef/"]http://www.ozemail.com.au/~scef/[/url]
the only thing is I found that it freezes up when I hit the install button. So I use it to look at font samples, and then if I want to install the font I go thru windows control panel, fonts and then install the font that way. But the font thing is great to checkout what a font looks like and it will organize and print them.

Guest faerywings
I use the Font Thing too-- there is also X-Fonter and Font Frenzy that can help with viewing fonts.

TFT is nice because you can separate your fonts into collections.

Archived