Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Etc.

Nica

Hey girls! I thoroughly enjoyed our get-together last year in Youngstown and was hoping to do it again this year. Anyone else interested?

Monica

I'll be moving at the end of June, and with dh living in another state, he can't be home to watch the girls. He already has his leave planned out. I really wish I could since i had a blast last year!!

I really had fun last year and was thinking about this . . . was there going to be another meetup this year. Then I signed up for a writing conference in April . . . not sure I could swing 2 things. You never know though.

Ah, but the question is, will you come visit me? Little Bavaria seems to be winning the vote at the moment. At least we could pretend to be on the same side of the ocean as Belle....

I sure am up for Frankenmuth! June is busy busy busy for me. We will be at Glacier NP June 14 - June 30 ... so mid July or maybe sometime in August?

How about Illinois? I can host. My husband will be gone the first 2 weeks in November. I would love to have a weekend planned for then if anyone is interested.

Not seeming to let me vote -- but my vote would be for Toledo. I have plans for the second w/e in June, but could probably make it any other w/e if I can swing it financially. Great zoo in Toledo!

I'm open for this! Either location works for me. I have conflicts on 6/17 and most of July. First weekend of August looks ok so far. I'll keep my eye on this. Because the drive isn't too bad, even if we have to go with a shorter time I think it'd work.

Okay, my June just filled up. How about July 20-22, July 27-29, or August 17-19?

Also, my parents' church in Maumee (just outside of Toledo) has a paper scrapbooking group that might be willing to host us. My mom just wants to know what that would entail before she brings it to the group. Of course, I was hoping (as the mother in the conversation) that she would have some brilliant idea. :blush: So, I'll throw it out to all of you.

My ideal would be using the gym or a large classroom for our scrapping equipment, ordering in an occasional meal and going out for the others (there are several within walking distance), and having the paper scrappers join us. Then, in my happy land, we'd be "adopted" by members of the church group and they'd take us home to sleep on a couch. Otherwise, an air mattress in the gym would work. ;)

Worst case scenario, we'd stay in a hotel and use the church instead of renting a conference room.

Have any of you ever hosted a group? What would you like to see?

BTW, Ann is right, the zoo in Toledo is AWESOME! If we meet there, I definitely want to take a photo walk.

I'm watching too.

Have you thought about an all-inclusive crop get-away? There's a place called Cropping Daze Retreat in Chesaning, MI (just south of Frankenmuth) that has Friday afternoon through Sunday weekend crops. They do all the cooking and supply snacks. It's really meant for paper scrapping (each cropper gets an 8 ft table), but there are lights on the tables, so there's power! It seems a bit pricey but if you count that they supply all the food (and prepare it for you right there), all the snacks, plus the cropping room, and sleeping arrangements, it's not so bad. It appears there are spots early and late August.

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching this thread and will see when things are set if I can make it or not....

Oh man that would be soooooooooooooooooo fun!!!

What about Cape Town, South Africa. If I nag enough, maybe one year you all will make the trip. :disappearing-smilie:

If I ever win the Mega Millions lottery, I'll come visit you!

If only nagging would net us some money;) :giggle_bear:

Actually that would be pretty cool around here too, kinda compensation to me for having to nag kids. I could magically get money every time I have to nag them...

You never know what crazy idea my imagination will come up with next.

I didn't mean to derail any plans...it was just a suggestion to use an all-inclusive. The mid-west meet-ups are tons of fun and use meeting rooms in hotels. I'm sure there are many hotels in MI/OH that would work!

No worries, Michelle. I'm just throwing out ideas to see if something catches everyone's fancy. I'll give everyone a little longer and then just make an executive decision, I guess. :)

Honestly, I've been quiet because I've been busy! As for dates, the August 17-19 is my only option. The July weekends frame our family vacation. As for location...I really don't have a preference. I'll be driving an hour or two however it works out.

Okay ladies. I'm currently looking at hotels in the Toledo area for Aug 17-19. (Frankenmuth was way too pricey.) Does anyone have issues with the lack of an elevator? One of the hotels has an upstairs conference room, but only stairs.

Oh my gosh!! I was looking at the MidWest meet up info and stumbled onto this! I am in Ohio on the eastern side of the state. This would be awesome. My only problem is that week-end is my anniversary week-end. I kind of embarrassed to ask DH about it because one time he planned a golfing trip over our anniversary and I made him change it! Ill have to gently feel him out and see how he reacts! It would be soooo much fun to meet up with all of you. I don't have any local friends who are scrappers, and would love to meet some of the friendly people from SG.

Archived