Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Etc.

Nica

Oh my gosh!! I was looking at the MidWest meet up info and stumbled onto this! I am in Ohio on the eastern side of the state. This would be awesome. My only problem is that week-end is my anniversary week-end. I kind of embarrassed to ask DH about it because one time he planned a golfing trip over our anniversary and I made him change it! Ill have to gently feel him out and see how he reacts! It would be soooo much fun to meet up with all of you. I don't have any local friends who are scrappers, and would love to meet some of the friendly people from SG.

Fantastic! Good Luck with the hubby. :) Hope to see you there.

How about Illinois? I can host. My husband will be gone the first 2 weeks in November. I would love to have a weekend planned for then if anyone is interested.

Where in Illinois? My daughter lives in O'Fallon and i can always go see her and come to the meet - maybe? Depending on what her plans are! I'd just love to meet everyone!

You all are going to have a fantastic time! If I wasn't moving before then, I'd definitely try to swing the meetup. I have a sneaking suspicion that dh is going to be out of the country for work during your meetup weekend. He says no, but I've learned that doesn't mean much to the Army! So I'll have to sit this one out.

I'm still thinking - have to get my vacation schedule straight. Anyone interested in carpooling from north of Detroit? I'm in Waterford, MI. Any word on the hotel/exact location in Toledo area yet?

I would be interested in carpooling if everything works out schedule wise, Michele. Have we set a firm date/place/hotel prices and other details yet?

Oh my gosh!! I was looking at the MidWest meet up info and stumbled onto this! I am in Ohio on the eastern side of the state. This would be awesome. My only problem is that week-end is my anniversary week-end. I kind of embarrassed to ask DH about it because one time he planned a golfing trip over our anniversary and I made him change it! Ill have to gently feel him out and see how he reacts! It would be soooo much fun to meet up with all of you. I don't have any local friends who are scrappers, and would love to meet some of the friendly people from SG.

hmm. 8 hour drive for me. That's my birthday weekend. thinking...

lol...Sounds like I'm going to be in trouble with several hubbies/families. :disappearing-smilie: I'd still love to meet both of you!

So far, we have August 17, 18, & 19 as our dates. I am currently working with a hotel in Maumee, OH, but I haven't been given the go ahead to post reservation information just yet. The plan is to include a trip to the Toledo Zoo on Saturday. I'm originally from the area, and my parents still live there, so there will also be the option of a church service on Sunday as well.

Are there any recommendations from our veterans about tentative agendas? Activities? Tutorials?

I'm still thinking - have to get my vacation schedule straight. Anyone interested in carpooling from north of Detroit? I'm in Waterford, MI. Any word on the hotel/exact location in Toledo area yet?

I would be interested in carpooling if everything works out schedule wise, Michele. Have we set a firm date/place/hotel prices and other details yet?

That would be fun, Lei! I'm happy to drive, just thought it would be fun to make it a road trip with someone. It looks like Maumee, so US23 would be the best bet for us, which is right by you and just down M-59 for me!

So far, we have August 17, 18, & 19 as our dates. I am currently working with a hotel in Maumee, OH, but I haven't been given the go ahead to post reservation information just yet. The plan is to include a trip to the Toledo Zoo on Saturday. I'm originally from the area, and my parents still live there, so there will also be the option of a church service on Sunday as well.

Are there any recommendations from our veterans about tentative agendas? Activities? Tutorials?

The few I've been to have had the major things scheduled - like the zoo. I went to the last one with my own agenda on what I wanted to ask there; some I accomplished, some I didn't but my main agenda is to have fun and chat about all things SG and other topics - which was totally accomplished!

This all sounds great to me. I talked to my husband and he is ok with me going. Now I am struggling with whether I really want to be away from him on our anniversary. This will be our 44th (unbelievable!) and we have always been together on our anniversary!

What about bringing him with you? When I brought Mr. Amy with me he kept himself well entertained!

That is definitely worth exploring! Hadn't even entered my mind. Thanks! (A romantic get away week-end in Toledo! LOL!)

Alright, Girls, here's the hotel information. Follow this link, and you can add yourself to the rooming list. Then it will give you the contact information for the Red Roof Inn in Maumee, OH.

I have not reserved a room for myself, yet. (I might end up staying with my parents.) However, feel free to use this thread to coordinate roommates.

While I was gone to Omaha our couple's small group changed our weekend trip to the Creation Museum in Kentucky from a weekend in June (when we are on vacation) to the August 17-19 weekend. DH just shared this with me, so it looks like I'll be missing out on this meet-up. Dern! You all have a good time and I'll be with you in spirit!!

Hooray, Kim & NewGram10! This is going to be a blast. :banana: And, Lei, oh we're going to miss your cheery smile! Enjoy your trip with DH though. :bighug:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Monica!

That hotel is a little more than 6 hours from me. That's quite a drive for me, so I'm not sure. And with my DH's crazy work schedule, planning is very hard as I'll have to plan for child care the entire time I would be away just in case.

But I'll definitely think about it some and maybe toss the idea DH's way and see how he reacts.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a very real possibility I will be leaving my current employer by the end of August. If I don't have a new job lined up to start in September, taking any trips will be bad for my financial situation. There are a lot of factors in play here, some from me, some from the company, some from clients. I should know more in July. I'm uncomfortable with all this uncertainty, but I have to see how this plays out.

At this point, I'm a definite MAYBE :)

There is a very real possibility I will be leaving my current employer by the end of August. If I don't have a new job lined up to start in September, taking any trips will be bad for my financial situation. There are a lot of factors in play here, some from me, some from the company, some from clients. I should know more in July. I'm uncomfortable with all this uncertainty, but I have to see how this plays out.

Oh Michele...hope it works out for the best!!!

Well...sounds like at least three of us, maybe 4. I hope things work out for you, Michele. I totally understand the uncertainty!

My mom let me know that the Maumee Street Fair is also happening that weekend. Lots of great food and music, plus vendors of all kinds. I figure that we can go to the Lot Party for dinner on that Friday, once everyone gets there, and then Saturday go to the Toledo Zoo for a couple of hours. It wouldn't be enough time to do the whole zoo, but if we each check out the website and narrow down the highlights, it's doable. Or, we could just go back to the Street Fair.

Can't wait! This is going to be fun!! :daisy:

Oh Michele...hope it works out for the best!!!

Thank you! I'm sure I'll land on my feet but it really threw me to get an "early retirement" offer when I have about 20 more years to work before I can truly retire!

I am afreaid I am going to have to pass on this one. Even though my husband said he didn't mind if I went, I can't stand thinking of him being home alone on our anniversary. He really wasn't excited about coming with me. Hopefully the next time you meet, I will be able to make it. I would really like to meet all of you.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...just checking to see if anyone is coming....

Hi Monica, I'd love to join y'all, but I did accept the early retirement offer, so I'll be looking for a job and conserving funds in August. If things change - like I receive and accept a solid offer for September - I can make it. Otherwise, I won't be able to this time.

Have a great time!

Well, in meeting with family yesterday to plan our annual cookout & canoe trip, we discovered Aug. 19th was the only date available for all of us before our college kids head off to school for the fall. I'm sorry, Monica. I'll not be able to come.

Archived