After Crash, Recovering Organizer

Barbwire

My first time posting, hope it works!

My computer crashed, and although I had been backing up the computer with Replica on to an external hard drive, when the computer was repaired my files are still there, but they told me I would need to reinstall PSE (I have PSE7) - so I did, but when I go to organizer, there is nothing there. Does this mean I have lost all my tags, albums, directories, etc? Does that mean I have to start all over importing all my photos into PSE?

Of course this only happens when I have a big project to do immediately!!

Thanks for any help you can give, I'll continue to search forums and online.

Barb

Did you do a backup of your organiser? Maybe you can recover everything there. I never use organiser. The program is always losing files and is just a big pain. Sorry no help here. I use My Pictures in Windows 7 and save everything in different folders. No hassles.

I think what you will need to do is a Restore from CD, DVD, or Hard Drive. You'll find that under File in the Organizer. It will prompt you to find your files and then it should put them into your reinstalled Organizer. HTH

I think what you will need to do is a Restore from CD, DVD, or Hard Drive. You'll find that under File in the Organizer. It will prompt you to find your files and then it should put them into your reinstalled Organizer. HTH

I tried that, but it can't find the file, even on my external drive that I've been backing up on. I'm guessing that you have to do a purposeful backup of the catalogue, not just a general backup.

I knew I should be paying more attention to the backup process, I keep hearing about crashes and thinking it couldn't happen to me!

LOL. Some of us learn the hard way, at least I still have the photos.

Barb

Hi Barb,

Believe it or not my computer crashed no less then 3 times since the beginning of the year. I lost all my pictures from last year, my downloads etc. So I feel your pain. I'm being more diligent about backing up my files.

Linda

Archived