Never Ending Story

April Showers

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selena's face flushed with relief and embarassment. She had heard of a Grimoire before but in her panic it had slipped her mind. Still a bit flustered, she slowly rose to her feet & started looking around her.

"What does it look like?"

"Ok" said Serena thoughtfully, because she sensed the woman meant her no harm. Have you looked all around this basement? Could it be in a trunk? Where did you last see it and what more can you tell me about it, please? The woman looked at Serena, searched her face and answered ---

That's why we need to find the Grimoire. It will tell us the proper words to use. "Isn't there any other way?" asked Serena. "Or is there another way to search for the Grimoire?"

"well", said the woman. "There is a way, but it's very difficult and entails a lot of bravery and knowledge. Do you think you might try to help me?" Serena thought carefully as she was getting a bit overwhelmed.

"all right" she said, "I'll help you under one condition"........

"Dreamworld?" Serena gasped. "what can that mean?". She slumped in discouragement. It wasn't the Grimoire... But, maybe it could help anyway? Serena gingerly opened the first page and saw the words "How to Understand Your Dreams" written in fancy script across the page. But, how could that help? Serena sighed and sat down on the floor with the book in her lap. She leaned back against the wall, closed her eyes and soon was in a deep sleep.......

She could hear a whispered voice, was it real, was she dreaming? Slowly a shape formed in front of her, was it still a dream? The voice came from the indistinct shape, and said......

"There you are!" Selene groaned, felt hands on her shoulders gently shaking her.

She cracked her eyes a bit, dappled light filtered through the leaves of the tree & slowly a face emerged from the blurred shapes in front of her. It was her mother! Selene sat bolt upright, the thin silken strands of web still entwined her fingers and she sat precariously near the edge of the bough. Still disoriented, she squinted up at her mother again.

"I asked you what you were trying this time? Honestly, Selene, you have to stop setting traps for her! I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you. We have been looking for you all night, you had us worried!"

You are alll so talented - i've tried to think of an additon to this fun storyk=, but you all jut blow me out of the water! Great story, ladies and I'm enjoyeing reading it very mcch!

The second page was quite simply a list of chapters, each one titled by types of dreams. She quickly scanned the page looking for one that might help her to find the Grimoire. She knew that as long as she had the book the previous night could not have been a dream but surely there was a clue in the book or the old lady would not have left it in her care. She stopped scanning at a chapter titled

Travelling Dreams. Was that how she got home? She hurriedly turned the pages to that chapter and began to read.

To travel while dreaming requires two things, you must have spider silk on your person and.....

this all started with her Grandfather? Selene made up her mind, she would find the grimoire and learn magic no matter what her mother said.

Selene turned back to the book, and continued to read. The first step to dream travel is....

... to believe in magic. "In order for the Grimoire to work, you must first believe in magic", Serena read. Ok, well, I believe, thought Serena. What next?

She continued. "In order to dream travel, you must first learn the proper chant." "But HOW?", Serena thought wildly. "HOW do I learn the chant if I can't decipher the Grimoire?"

Serena put the book down in frustration and as she did she noticed a spider sitting on the bottom corner of the page. "EEEEcccchkk" she thought, but then noticed although it was moving, it was not REAL! Well, it HAD to be real. didn't it? But Serena couldn't touch it - only watch it move around the page as if on film... Suddenly the spider stopped and peered up at her.

"Are you Serena?" he asked. Serena nodded but clutched herself in fear. "I have a message for you" the spider said, "In order to understand dream travel and the first chant, you must first obtain ------