Installing Pse10

KayMitch

I'm in need of some good advice regarding installing PSE 10 please. I'm so excited to get PSE10 today but I am unsure if I have downloaded the correct disc. There are three in the pack. No 1 for Windows ...... No 2 Windows 7 (64bit) PRE trial and....... No 3 for Mac ( Obviously the Mac is not relevant as I have Windows 7 on my computer)

I have downloaded Disc No I because I couldn't wait to read all the on line instructions but I'm worried it should have been disc 2. though I'm not sure what the PRE trial means. Could someone please set me straight. I feel silly that I don't quite know what to do. Disc one seems to be Ok although I haven't tried it to scrap yet. I'm hoping there's a good samaritan out there to help this novice to move on. Thank you . Kay

It sounds like you might have downloaded the trial version, is that correct? Or did you actually purchase it? If you purchased it then they will have sent you a Serial # which you will type in after it starts the installation process. I would install Disk #2 since it says it's for Windows 7 and that is what you have on your computer :)

Thanks Syndee. Yes I did buy it and put in the Serial number . Disc two says PRE trial so I didn't think that sounded relevant. Kay

Just noticed that the paperwork says that the DVD includes a 30 day trial of Premiere elements, so maybe that is what it refers to. Anyway maybe I'd better uninstal No 1 and try No 2. Ta for your thoughts. Kay

I would go ahead and install Disc 1, I bet your right that disc 2 is a Pre-Trial of Premier Elements. I have PSE 10 but I am on a Mac. I can't think it would be that much different as far as installation goes. I think you can just ignore those other two discs. To install in Windows I believe you just double click on the PSE 10 icon and then it will start the installation process and guide you through the rest of it :)

Hi Syndee. yes I have already installed Disc 1 so I hope when I go to use it, that it can do what I require of it. Why do I make everything so complicated I wonder. Appreciate your help. Kay

Thank you Valerie. Will have to do some scrapping to see how it works. I did have PSE8 before but looks like some good things in 10. I'm excited anyway. Kay

• 2 months later...

I have also just bought PSE10 with the same 3 discs. I have installed disk 1 and put in the serial number and it seems to work just fine as far as I can tell. I normally use Serif's Craft Artist pro to do my layouts but bought PSE10 as there are a lot of tutes and stuff for PSE but jeez, there is no manual, and it's hugely different from what I'm used to. I SHALL learn how to use it but it's going to take a while I think. Can anybody recommend a good book? I prefer a book by my side when I'm learning not online stuff as I have to keep flicking from prog to instructions and it's annoying.

x

I have also just bought PSE10 with the same 3 discs. I have installed disk 1 and put in the serial number and it seems to work just fine as far as I can tell. I normally use Serif's Craft Artist pro to do my layouts but bought PSE10 as there are a lot of tutes and stuff for PSE but jeez, there is no manual, and it's hugely different from what I'm used to. I SHALL learn how to use it but it's going to take a while I think. Can anybody recommend a good book? I prefer a book by my side when I'm learning not online stuff as I have to keep flicking from prog to instructions and it's annoying.

x

I took a class last winter and the teacher recommended Teach Yourself Visually Series - Photoshop Elements 10: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn by Mike Wooldridge and Brianna Stuart. You can get it pretty inexpensively on Amazon. I have used it several times and find it pretty easy to understand and follow. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I have order the book from amazon and I'll see how I go from there. x

x

I took a class last winter and the teacher recommended Teach Yourself Visually Series - Photoshop Elements 10: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn by Mike Wooldridge and Brianna Stuart. You can get it pretty inexpensively on Amazon. I have used it several times and find it pretty easy to understand and follow. Good luck!

Archived