4 replies to this topic

#1 blackinfinitycat

blackinfinitycat

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hoping someone can help direct my choice! I just got an imac and am new to actually working on layouts but I have years and years of digital photos to catalogue...so I'm looking at Lightroom 4 to catalogue my photos- especially to add to the metadata...then I'm considering PSE10 to use for layouts as the full photoshop is out of my knowledge level and price range...will this be a good combination? My photos are .jpg but I have the capability to do RAW in the future (one new thing at a time!) Will the photos move from Lightroom to PSE10 without trouble or do you need Bridge to move...just got off the phone with ADOBE and I new more about metadata than the guy on the phone! help!

#2 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I use PSE10 for both editing my photos and scrapping. Honestly, I just put my pictures in folders on my ehd and pull them into my program from there. Im terrible at cataloging them. I dowloaded the Beta version of Lightroom, but didn't play with it enough while I had it to get too familiar with it. If I were you, I would probably get PSE10 first as that may do everything you want it to without spending the money on both.

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
Scrap10-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#3 Smiles

Smiles

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I know you can use Lightroom with PSE. I actually have a copy I haven't installed...
Unless you are planning to be a designer, you will probably be plenty happy with PSE, as opposed to PS.
As to whether or not PSE would do all you need, I'm sure someone will be able to help. I bought Lightroom because so many of my photos need exposure help, and it's much faster than struggling to fix them in PSE.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I've only barely dipped my toe into trying Lightroom so I can't add any information on that. PSE has an Organizer that I use for my photos. I use Picasa for searching for my scrapping supplies though.

#5 blackinfinitycat

blackinfinitycat

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I appreciate the input! I got PSE 10 on the download sale and will play with that for a while to get started! Yippie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users