I've Been Singing This All Day Today

Sara Arell

I don't know what made me start singing this song today - or why I suddenly remembered it - or if I ever really had ever forgotten it but thought I'd post it here and see if anyone else remembers this song - I can't get it out of my head!

"I've something in my pocket that belongs across my face

And I keep it very close at hand in a most conventient place.

I'll bet you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while,

So I'll take it out and put it on, it's a great big brownie SMILE!

I was very surprised when the Brownie song popped into my head today - and I just started singing it - as if I sang it every day! "Some things one just doesn't forget, I guess", she said with a great big Brownie smile!

Yes, indeed, The Brownie (Girl Scout) smile song...usually lodges itself into your head after you've eaten way too many thin mints.

:):) I have to have to buy myself an extra box of thin mints or Rich gets them all and we definitely go through our share, Ann!

Make new friends, but keep the old,

One is silver and the other gold!

:)

Don't get me started on another song now, Becky! I just got the Brownie song out of my head! :) :) :)

Those songs that get stuck in your brain are called "ear worms." (your piece of trivia for today!)

I did not know that about "ear worms", Gayle - I learn something new here every day - thank you!

• 1 month later...

The Brownie song really takes me back. I think we sang that song when we got our official pins. Lawrence, Kansas, 1949-50.

LOL I think I still have my brownie pin somewhere around my house!

Archived