Tiff Keywords In Lightroom

StamperCat

I have been organizing my scrapbook materials in Lightroom 4. I am changing the png files to tiff files to preserve the transpapency. I discovered last night that the tiff files are not recognizing the keywords assigned to them in Lightroom when I check the meta data in Photoshop CS5. Is anyone else here using Lightroom for their scrapbook organizing, and if so, is this a problem on my end or is this a known problem. :justthinkingabout it:

I'm using Lightroom 3. I save a copy of my png files as a jpg. On one particular flower embellishment, the space used for the 2 files is 426 kbs. For the psd file, it is 1.4 mb and for the tif file, it is 1.6 mb. It sounds like a pain, but in the long run, I find I have no recognition problems and the file sizes are much smaller.

I then keyword the jpg copy of the file. I can then find the file on my disk and the png file is right next to the jpg copy that I have assigned the keywords to.

That's a creative way to do it. The only drawback I can think of is that the png file you use wouldn't contain the keywords when you use it in Photoshop. I discovered a preference setting I needed to check in Lightroom, which solved the problem of the tiff files not keeping the keywords in the meta data after it was opened in Photoshop. Thanks, BetC for taking the time to share your response.

Archived