• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

Rejoice in the Lord always. Phil 4:4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,088 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I've been thinking quite a bit about buying (or suggesting as a gift) a pocket sized camera. I don't have a "fancy" phone. It's an old flip phone that does take pictures but I don't pay for media stuff (e-mailing myself the pictures) and you can't send the photos through a cable. Anyway...

So, I have a nice full-sized DSLR but it's not practical to have it on me all the time. There's been numerous times that I wished I had a camera right then and there to snap a quick shot.

So...anybody have/use a little camera? Truly one that I could put in my pocket? Any thoughts about them? And probably on the less expensive range of prices.

:daisy:

gallery_9116_358_46999.png

Button_Published.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif ShredButton.png

#2 bjc

bjc

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

just bought my dgs a canon 3300... takes great pics...the one thing about most of these small pocket p and s is that the flash is an issues so best to use in good natural light and you will get some good photos
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image[size="4"]
Visit My GalleryPosted Image

#3 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

• Members
  • 12,088 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info...going to check it out.

#4 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 - it's small, light, fits in my pocket, and takes good pictures! It even has a setting for "children/pets" that works for catching them in motion!

gallery_14425_66_35795.png

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif ~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif ~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif ~ SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have a Kodak P&S that I keep in my purse and love. Even though I don't have a Canon P&S, I've heard a lot of good things about them.

#6 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I got a Canon PowerShopw S95 at the recommendation of a top photography site. They did a survey with their massive list and it was the winner. I love it. It's small enough to stick in my pants pocket - even in the case! I use it all the time now.

#7 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,764 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I have a Canon Power Shot SX100 IS that I usually carry in my purse - I LOVE it!

#8 diannecp

diannecp

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Personal Statement:Artist, writer, daughter, wife, aunt, child of God. I'm just a "work in progress."

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have a Panasonic Lumix (DMC-ZS5) that I love! takes great pictures and I'm even learning some of the finer controls. It got really great reviews and hasn't disappointed.
Posted Image

"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott. My blog (Unfinished Work)

#9 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,956 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

In addition to my big SLR, I have a pocket Canon - SD1200 IS. My daughter also has an SD1100 IS. They literally fit in my back pocket, and we have had very good luck with both of them.

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngButton_Published.png

#10 KayMitch

KayMitch

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love photos, love scrapping, love life.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I only have one camera and it's a Canon ixus 70. It came free with my mobile phone once. It takes nice photos and has manual settings too. I am never without it. Kay
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#11 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have an earlier version of the ones Amy has - still love it and it still takes great shots. Bob got a slightly larger one, but I don't remember the number without looking at it. It is bigger because it has a bigger lens.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#12 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,822 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have a tiny Kodak camera that fits in my handbag... but... .I am not 100% happy with the quality of the photos it takes so I do not use it much.

gallery_14380_66_44432.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#13 Smiles

Smiles

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I have a Canon SD1200 digital elf also. Have never had a problem with the flash. It took some pretty amazing pictures from a moving car at Arches National Park today! I can't believe the quality of pictures I get from it. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

• Members
  • 12,088 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well...price does matter here. lol I saw some nice ones that were more than I'm wanting to spend.

I have a serious eye (or two!) :blink: on the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. My ExDH works at an electronic store. I told him the price range I was interested in without telling him which one I was eying. His camera expert suggested the ELPH 300 and gave a list of reasons. So...with Tiza's reccomendation, my looking around, my budget (lol) and the "experts" opinion...I think I'll be soon owning the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. And I already have a nice, unused memory card that will work. :dancingstickman:

As if I don't already have too many pictures using my big DSLR. lol Now I'll have even more since I'll have the little fella in my pocket or purse.

#15 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

I really like my ELPH 300! Good choice :)

(I think it was Sandi who recommended it to me)

gallery_14425_66_35795.png

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif ~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif ~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif ~ SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#16 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

• Members
  • 12,088 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thanks Sandi! ;)

#17 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

• Members
  • 12,088 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

The purchase is in the works. :dancingstickman:
Might have it in my hands Friday. :dancingstickman:
Was playing outside with Nathan earlier thinking about how nice it would have been to have had it then.

#18 healthyscraps

healthyscraps

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Personal Statement:"Sometimes a set back can be a launch pad."
    - me

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

No models to recommend but I would advise to ensure it has a rechargeable battery rather than normal batteries. We are in the process of selling our sons small cama as it uses so many batteries. It will be a great surprise for is birthday next week. Happy shopping!
Jacqui Smith | Product Designer

A sneak peak with more in store...
JSM_YouMeUs_Collection_MKTG_150.jpg JSM_SSEMB_YouMeUs_Masks_MKTG_150.jpg JSM_SSActions_NeonSign_MKTG_150.jpg JSM_SSActions_ChalkArt_MKTG_150.jpg SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
Visit Store Visit Gallery

#19 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

• Members
  • 12,088 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I am really enjoying my itty, bitty camera! I'm so used to my big Nikon, this little Canon seems miniature. I've had it in my pocket several times today. (Just got it this morning.) I have a little camera bag to protect it in my purse. I took flag football pics with it. I took it on a stroll with Rich and Nathan. Hardly know I'm carrying anything.

I love it!
:wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users