Thinking About Buying A "pocket" Camera

scrappinchar

I've been thinking quite a bit about buying (or suggesting as a gift) a pocket sized camera. I don't have a "fancy" phone. It's an old flip phone that does take pictures but I don't pay for media stuff (e-mailing myself the pictures) and you can't send the photos through a cable. Anyway...

So, I have a nice full-sized DSLR but it's not practical to have it on me all the time. There's been numerous times that I wished I had a camera right then and there to snap a quick shot.

So...anybody have/use a little camera? Truly one that I could put in my pocket? Any thoughts about them? And probably on the less expensive range of prices.

:daisy:

just bought my dgs a canon 3300... takes great pics...the one thing about most of these small pocket p and s is that the flash is an issues so best to use in good natural light and you will get some good photos

I have a Panasonic Lumix (DMC-ZS5) that I love! takes great pictures and I'm even learning some of the finer controls. It got really great reviews and hasn't disappointed.

I only have one camera and it's a Canon ixus 70. It came free with my mobile phone once. It takes nice photos and has manual settings too. I am never without it. Kay

I have a tiny Kodak camera that fits in my handbag... but... .I am not 100% happy with the quality of the photos it takes so I do not use it much.

I have a Canon SD1200 digital elf also. Have never had a problem with the flash. It took some pretty amazing pictures from a moving car at Arches National Park today! I can't believe the quality of pictures I get from it. :)

Well...price does matter here. lol I saw some nice ones that were more than I'm wanting to spend.

I have a serious eye (or two!) :blink: on the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. My ExDH works at an electronic store. I told him the price range I was interested in without telling him which one I was eying. His camera expert suggested the ELPH 300 and gave a list of reasons. So...with Tiza's reccomendation, my looking around, my budget (lol) and the "experts" opinion...I think I'll be soon owning the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. And I already have a nice, unused memory card that will work. :dancingstickman:

As if I don't already have too many pictures using my big DSLR. lol Now I'll have even more since I'll have the little fella in my pocket or purse.

The purchase is in the works. :dancingstickman:

Might have it in my hands Friday. :dancingstickman:

Was playing outside with Nathan earlier thinking about how nice it would have been to have had it then.

No models to recommend but I would advise to ensure it has a rechargeable battery rather than normal batteries. We are in the process of selling our sons small cama as it uses so many batteries. It will be a great surprise for is birthday next week. Happy shopping!

I am really enjoying my itty, bitty camera! I'm so used to my big Nikon, this little Canon seems miniature. I've had it in my pocket several times today. (Just got it this morning.) I have a little camera bag to protect it in my purse. I took flag football pics with it. I took it on a stroll with Rich and Nathan. Hardly know I'm carrying anything.

I love it!

:wub:

Archived