Pse 10 Question

KayMitch

I have recently bought PSE 10 ( I previously had 8) and I was wondering if there is a way to change the interface or workspace, what ever it's called? In 8 I could double click on a number of photos and they would all be in the space and I could move them around and move them onto my LO etc. It seems a bit more effort in 10. I have to use that little square doovey up the top for however many pics I want displayed then I can't easily seem move them around. I hope some one can understand what I'm talking about. If I have to get used to PSE10 as it is I will, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks. Kay

That button at the top is the only way to change how photos are displayed, that I have found (I've had PSE10 since it's release). To be honest, I don't use it. It so fiddly to keep switching between settings to see your photos then the whole layout. The more layouts I did the easier it became to just use the project bin. With patience you could use that button, I suggest you play around with different things and find what works best for you.

Not sure this is what you mean, but, if you go to Edit>Preferences>General a window will pop up and you can click 'Allow Floating Documents In Full Edit Mode'. There is also the 'Project Bin' option under 'Window' that you can click on and then you will be able to see all of the items that you have open at the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps.

That button at the top is the only way to change how photos are displayed, that I have found (I've had PSE10 since it's release). To be honest, I don't use it. It so fiddly to keep switching between settings to see your photos then the whole layout. The more layouts I did the easier it became to just use the project bin. With patience you could use that button, I suggest you play around with different things and find what works best for you.

Thanks for your answer to my question Valerie. Does that mean that you just drag from the Project bin onto your layout? Somehow it just doesn't seem as simple as before. When I get back next week I will try Carol's suggestion too. Thank you both for your prompt reply to my problem. Kay

Thanks for your answer to my question Valerie. Does that mean that you just drag from the Project bin onto your layout? Somehow it just doesn't seem as simple as before. When I get back next week I will try Carol's suggestion too. Thank you both for your prompt reply to my problem. Kay

Yes Kay, you drag items from your project bin to your layout. This will place the item in the centre on top of the selected layer. You can use copy and paste as another method, this is good for small items, use the marquee tool to select where on the layout the item will appear.

I had never used PSE before, so I haven't had to "re-learn" anything.

Yes Kay, you drag items from your project bin to your layout. This will place the item in the centre on top of the selected layer. You can use copy and paste as another method, this is good for small items, use the marquee tool to select where on the layout the item will appear.

What do you mean "use the marquee tool to select where on the layout the item will appear"? Do you actually draw a square and the item will be placed there when you drag it onto your LO?

What do you mean "use the marquee tool to select where on the layout the item will appear"? Do you actually draw a square and the item will be placed there when you drag it onto your LO?

Use any selection tool to select the item you want on your layout, then copy it (ctrl + c on a PC). Then you draw a square, or any shape really, on your layout, anywhere on your layout. Then when you paste (ctrl + v) your item will appear in that location, rather than the centre of the page. As far as I'm aware, you have to copy the item first for it to appear inside the marquee square.

I hope that makes sense.

:party-smiley-048:

Not sure this is what you mean, but, if you go to Edit>Preferences>General a window will pop up and you can click 'Allow Floating Documents In Full Edit Mode'. There is also the 'Project Bin' option under 'Window' that you can click on and then you will be able to see all of the items that you have open at the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Wow Carol, you are amazing. That is exactly what I was wanting. ( I did the "Allow floating Windows" thingie.) Thank you so much. I'm happy now that I'm back in familiar territory. This little communtity blows me away with it's wonderful, helpful members.Yippee. Kay

Archived