Masks

Oh my goodness ladies, I must be sooooo thick headed, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply masks to my layouts! I really am having a problem finding what I need to help me? Is there a video showing this? Thank you all so much!

What software are you using? If you have photo shop all you have to do for a clipping mask is to place your photo on a layer above your mask layer. Then hit Control - alt - G and your photo will take on the shape of the mask below it.

If you have elements, you do a clipping mask in the same manner only you use the key command control - G instead.

A layer mask is a little different. Ro's software secrets are really good starting places for learning some of the techniques, either beginner or advanced. You can find them Here

Hope that helps!

Hi guys! I use Photoshop Elements 10. I am trying to do a (I guess it is called a layer mask) where you have the masks like photo masks transferred, fancy rust, layout masks,photo mask reawakening etc. I own Ro's help guides, I just am not finding how to do these. I have gone back over all my downloads and cannot find out how to do them. I feel very dumb right now, I just don't know where else to look. Thank you so much!

Photo masks are very fun. What I do is plop the photo mask over my photo to get it positioned and sized the way I want it. Then I move that layer under the photo. Here's the part I always forget - make the photo layer the active layer. Then control G, and your photo is the shape of the mask. If it isn't quite right, you can wiggle the photo around or adjust the mask, whichever will give you the results you want. If the fancy parts of the mask are bigger than the photo, you can erase that bit. If the mask is a tiny bit too small in just one place, you can brush a little more on (this works on the blended or fancy edged ones). If you get frustrated, take a break and come back to it with fresh eyes.

Archived