9 replies to this topic

#1 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I am very curious to know how everyone keeps track of the pictures they have scrapped. My photos are organized in folders by year, then month, then occasionally by event. This works fine for me, I know where to look when I am searching for a photo. My problem comes in when I have scrapped a particular picture. My layouts are in another folder. I thought about putting my scrapped photos in their own folder, but then I am worried I won't be able to find them if they aren't chronological. I also thought about changing the file name, adding an s for scrapped, for example. I don't really use the PSE organizer, never really got the hang of it, the folders work for me.

What do you do? How do you keep track of which pictures you have scrapped?

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Oh... Funny and I never thought of that and guess I haven't done enough layouts, because i already readily know when looking if I've scrapped a photo!
But, I would think maybe adding a marker/star, etc - some sort of "clue" to the scrapped photo might help?

gallery_19549_358_19841.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,535 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I've never really thought about it either, but adding anything to the file name would certainly work, so long as you remember what it means and get into the habit of doing it every time (which would be my problem).

WorldTourSiggy-1.png

BLINKIES_UK.gifButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#4 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I've never really thought about it either, but adding anything to the file name would certainly work, so long as you remember what it means and get into the habit of doing it every time (which would be my problem).

hehee.. Funny valerie - me too!

gallery_19549_358_19841.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Suzyann

Suzyann

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I organize my supplies by putting keywords into the file names. This would also work for your photos. Leave your photos in their chronological folders (I do this too), and then I suggest adding "_Scrap" to the beginning of the filename. Then when you sort the folder by "name", all of your "already scrapped" photos will fall at the beginning or the end of the list (because of the "_"), making it easier to scan through the un-scrapped photos. So a photo called "DSCN0744" would be renamed "_scrap-DSCN0744". Just put whatever your keyword is going to be at the beginning (not the end) of the filename so you can sort easily.

Suzy

#6 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I organize my supplies by putting keywords into the file names. This would also work for your photos. Leave your photos in their chronological folders (I do this too), and then I suggest adding "_Scrap" to the beginning of the filename. Then when you sort the folder by "name", all of your "already scrapped" photos will fall at the beginning or the end of the list (because of the "_"), making it easier to scan through the un-scrapped photos. So a photo called "DSCN0744" would be renamed "_scrap-DSCN0744". Just put whatever your keyword is going to be at the beginning (not the end) of the filename so you can sort easily.

Suzy

Great idea Suzy, and I love that the change in the file name would group the files together.

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#7 Nica

Nica

• Creative Team
  • 4,267 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hmmm...interesting question. I'm like Marilyn, I haven't done enough pages yet to forget which ones I've scrapped. On the other hand, I've been known to scrap the same photo in different contexts.

gallery_18472_66_592.png

SGblinkie.gif

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#8 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

I never thought about this - like others, I guess I haven't scrapped enough. I can definitely remember if I've stared at a photo long enough to scrap it. Adding a prefix would be a good idea, though, especially, as Valerie says, if you can remember to do it consistently.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#9 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,719 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't keep track of photos that have been scrapped or not scrapped. Like Monica, I have often scrapped the same photo in a different context. I just don't see any need to try to keep track.

#10 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

I don't keep track of photos that have been scrapped or not scrapped. Like Monica, I have often scrapped the same photo in a different context. I just don't see any need to try to keep track.

That's the way I feel, too.

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users