Midwest Meet Up October 2012

This sounds like so much fun that I am sorely tempted. But ...

- I'm not sure I know enough about scrapping yet (shopping, I've got down pat! LOL!) to keep up. I don't even have anything posted yet. (Wish posting were as easy as shopping! LOL!)

-Also, much as I love St Louis, if I go there in October, DH is going to want to come along and hang out with the Cardinals.

So I'm wondering if you alternate between Omaha and STL: I don't think he would have any reason to visit Omaha again.

You all sound so fun and delightful that I would love to meet you.

Well ... we'll see what happens. I have 6 months to figure it out. (which means it will be here before I know it!)

I'll just stay tuned for now... ;~D

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like so much fun that I am sorely tempted. But ...

- I'm not sure I know enough about scrapping yet (shopping, I've got down pat! LOL!) to keep up. I don't even have anything posted yet. (Wish posting were as easy as shopping! LOL!)

-Also, much as I love St Louis, if I go there in October, DH is going to want to come along and hang out with the Cardinals.

So I'm wondering if you alternate between Omaha and STL: I don't think he would have any reason to visit Omaha again.

You all sound so fun and delightful that I would love to meet you.

Well ... we'll see what happens. I have 6 months to figure it out. (which means it will be here before I know it!)

I'll just stay tuned for now... ;~D

We have also had it in Kansas City!! And there isn't any "level" of knowledge you have to have...we are all at different levels! Would be great to have you!

Thanks for the info!

KC, huh! Have to see how the Royals are doin'. LOL!

Peg

Oh well...don't ask about them.....

And speaking of the Royals...oh yeah, we're not speaking about them. LOL

I made it to KC. Will stay here until friday morning then head back out West. DS will go with me as far as Seattle and then fly back while I go on to Oregon. What a fantastic trip this has been!

PegScrap - Please come. I don't know much about scrapping either. I have only done two layouts so far. I have several things I've bought but haven't a clue as to how to use them yet. So - - we could learn together! It would be fun to have another newbie there.

(I understand your feelings about wondering if you should go because you are just beginning. That's how I felt about the last one. But I've decided that I'm going to try to go this time anyway. It's just possible I could learn a thing or two (or three) from all the girls there!) :)

Think about it.

Deb

All are welcome, regardless of where you are on the learning curve! In fact, some of us spend the entire weekend socializing, shopping (online mostly, but in person is ok too, lol), and even watching a TV program or 2 online:) It's all fair game at the meetups!

So I'm already thinking about how far away St. Louis is, and how I'll probably be the only person coming on Friday again. I may have to start hitting "refresh" for flight prices again in a few months, as there is NO WAY I'm driving that far alone! I might just have to finagle leaving on Thursday to drive with the crew like we did last time:)

Anyone is welcome! I do more talking than scrapping, and you'll have all of us around to help you if you have questions :)

By October.... the Cardinals will be getting ready for the World Series ;)

All are welcome, regardless of where you are on the learning curve! In fact, some of us spend the entire weekend socializing, shopping (online mostly, but in person is ok too, lol), and even watching a TV program or 2 online:) It's all fair game at the meetups!

So I'm already thinking about how far away St. Louis is, and how I'll probably be the only person coming on Friday again. I may have to start hitting "refresh" for flight prices again in a few months, as there is NO WAY I'm driving that far alone! I might just have to finagle leaving on Thursday to drive with the crew like we did last time:)

Oh yeah....I forgot we all met up together to drive down....hmmmmm...we'll make it work!! Is it impossible for you to get away on Thursday?? Maybe, you are sick that day. Yeah, I think so.

Where in Iowa are you, Cheri?

Boy! What a welcoming group! Must be a rule that scrappers are the nicest people! LOL!

Guess I'll start looking at the options and testing the water. Thanks so much for your great input!

Peg or Peggy or pegscrap ... when you're a Margaret you learn to answer to most anything ;~) ...just ask my Mom and my daughter!

Where in Iowa are you, Cheri?

Boy! What a welcoming group! Must be a rule that scrappers are the nicest people! LOL!

Guess I'll start looking at the options and testing the water. Thanks so much for your great input!

Peg or Peggy or pegscrap ... when you're a Margaret you learn to answer to most anything ;~) ...just ask my Mom and my daughter!

I'm just north of Des Moines - and if you are able to come, we could certainly carpool! (Unless I fly, lol) Last time several of us met up near Kansas City and all drove together from there.

Oh yeah....I forgot we all met up together to drive down....hmmmmm...we'll make it work!! Is it impossible for you to get away on Thursday?? Maybe, you are sick that day. Yeah, I think so.

2 reasons why it's hard for me to leave on Thursdays: I don't like to take off too many Free CLinic nights because they cannot see as many patients without me, and we routinely turn people away even if there are 2 or more providers there. The second reason is my kids. I really have no one local to watch kids while I'm gone during the day and I don't like asking Mom to take time off from her day care to come all the time. Feasibly I could find someone to watch them after school, but not William the rest of the day. And Jeff is very indulgent about my away time, so I hate to push it any further. I have my local group I get together with between 6-10 times a year on Friday evenings including one full retreat weekend, 2 SG get-togethers a year, a week long medical conference...Jeff is rarely if ever gone alone from the house other than work. Anyway, I may be able to make it happen - I have 157 days to make it happen, right? ;)

Cheri, I was wondering about StL ... looks like mostly 2-lane from DesMoines. 7 hours?

I see that KC would be I-35 all the way. Nice.

Deb, maybe some of the "know-how" is contagious! Just being around all this experience could rub off on us! LOL!

Tiza, if the Cards are heading for the series, my daughters will want to come, too! Ha! Time out! Whose boondoggle is this, anyhow?!

Peggy

Cheri, I was wondering about StL ... looks like mostly 2-lane from DesMoines. 7 hours?

Deb, maybe some of the "know-how" is contagious! Just being around all this experience could rub off on us! LOL!

Tiza, if the Cards are heading for the series, my daughters will want to come, too! Ha! Time out! Whose boondoggle is this, anyhow?!

Peggy

One of the great things about being together, as we ooh and aah over each others' work in progress we start chatting about what we are doing....and we learn. And then someone will get stuck and the "hey, how do I ....?" questions start. So it is a great, casual way to learn.

When I left Omaha, I thought for sure there was no way this would work. But, despite the stress, dh said he had a great weekend and really enjoyed being home! So, as long as it's not a drill weekend for him, I could probably swing this again. The schedule isn't out yet, but they usually have drill the first weekend of the month....I guess I'll have to wait and see!

When I left Omaha, I thought for sure there was no way this would work. But, despite the stress, dh said he had a great weekend and really enjoyed being home! So, as long as it's not a drill weekend for him, I could probably swing this again. The schedule isn't out yet, but they usually have drill the first weekend of the month....I guess I'll have to wait and see!

That's encouraging!! Glad he had a good weekend home with the girls :) We'll nail down official dates as it gets closer....and if we have to bump it to another weekend, we will!

ohhhhhhhhh roomie .... REALLY??? I will start buttering up Tom!! :D

Peggy

Yep, I35 to north of KC, then I'm not sure what the road was, but it was 4 lane the whole way on to SL from there with 4 of us in the car gabbing non-stop:) The trip to and from KC/SL was at least as fun as the big meetup itself!

Peggy

Yep, I35 to north of KC, then I'm not sure what the road was, but it was 4 lane the whole way on to SL from there with 4 of us in the car gabbing non-stop:) The trip to and from KC/SL was at least as fun as the big meetup itself!

I-35 South to I-70 East :)

Tentatively planning to be with you guys.

(Let me know if there is a carpool heading that way.)

Would be so great seeing you again, Barb!!

That would be wonderful! *crossing fingers* I'd love to meet you Barb!

Weren't you at the 2009 convention? I was!

Just came from High Noon Chat and remembered that first weekend of Nov is Nat Digi Scrap day. Will there be extra chats? Would that be a great time to meet up? Or possibly during Anniversary week?

I think the dates have been set for Oct 4-7, Barb ... I'm already looking into plane tickets and found a great deal with Southwest ... so if there is a chance that the date is going to change, someone needs to tell me now, please!!

That would be wonderful! *crossing fingers* I'd love to meet you Barb!

Weren't you at the 2009 convention? I was!

Kids were too young - I wasn't at either convention:(

Just came from High Noon Chat and remembered that first weekend of Nov is Nat Digi Scrap day. Will there be extra chats? Would that be a great time to meet up? Or possibly during Anniversary week?

I think the dates have been set for Oct 4-7, Barb ... I'm already looking into plane tickets and found a great deal with Southwest ... so if there is a chance that the date is going to change, someone needs to tell me now, please!!

Yay for cheap Southwest airfare! I hope you can come back to the Midwest, Lei! :)

Fares are looking good on Delta too...but if the dates aren't settled, I'm gonna wait....are they in question?!

Archived