Midwest Meet Up October 2012

I hate to push, but my boss is pushing me. He wants more than 120 days to schedule a replacement for me so I'll need to know definite dates by the first of June. I think the later weekend would be best, but the first weekend would work too. I have to be in Orlando for a conference Oct 16-22 so that weekend is out. Maybe we should make a poll.

More than 120 days??? A poll sounds like a great idea! Who has been tracking the dates??

I have a screen shot of Google Calendar in post #72 that shows known availability/unavailability. If anyone wants access, send me your email in PM and I'll invite you. It looks like the first weekend in Oct is good for some but not others and that the last weekend is open for everyone, but it is by no means complete!

A poll might get us settled on dates...Choice 1: 05Oct - 07Oct, Choice 2: 26Oct - 28Oct, Choice 3: Other - write in your dates? Who knows how to set up a poll? Can we add it to this thread or does it have to be in a new one?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The schedule for dh is out....and they do have drill the first weekend. But it's Columbus Day weekend and they may change it. If they do, it will be the second weekend. I have no idea when they will decide what is what. Dh isn't running in the Army 10 Miler this year, so the rest of the month is open for me as far as I know.

I hate to push, but my boss is pushing me. He wants more than 120 days to schedule a replacement for me so I'll need to know definite dates by the first of June. I think the later weekend would be best, but the first weekend would work too. I have to be in Orlando for a conference Oct 16-22 so that weekend is out. Maybe we should make a poll.

More than 120 days??? A poll sounds like a great idea! Who has been tracking the dates??

I have a screen shot of Google Calendar in post #72 that shows known availability/unavailability. If anyone wants access, send me your email in PM and I'll invite you. It looks like the first weekend in Oct is good for some but not others and that the last weekend is open for everyone, but it is by no means complete!

A poll might get us settled on dates...Choice 1: 05Oct - 07Oct, Choice 2: 26Oct - 28Oct, Choice 3: Other - write in your dates? Who knows how to set up a poll? Can we add it to this thread or does it have to be in a new one?

I think a poll can be added by the original "poster"....I'll check this out.

There is a good possibility I will be in a new job with a different company at this time, so please plan without me. If somehow I end up staying where I am, I should be able to join you for either of the 2 weekends on the table. If not, hopefully I'll make the spring trip!

There is a good possibility I will be in a new job with a different company at this time, so please plan without me. If somehow I end up staying where I am, I should be able to join you for either of the 2 weekends on the table. If not, hopefully I'll make the spring trip!

Sorry for the uncertainty Michele...sometimes change is good!(if you can get through the uncertainty!!)

Michele, I'm holding good thoughts that this will work out for the best!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused reading through all the posts... which weekends are we leaning towards? I guess we need to start planning and looking at hotels. Which are the top 2 weekends, and I'll see what hotels/rooms are available those dates.

ARE WE THERE YET???

I sure hope it cools off by then!!

I've lost track of the dates too...I know Michele has a spreadsheet tracking the best dates. I am still pretty flexible. The only thing I will have to work around (hopefully) is moving. Target date is 10/1...however the heat has us behind schedule already, and we just started....hoped to be roughed in by July 4th...but we are still waiting on concrete, it's too hot!

Hi Midwest SG's! According to my calendar, the originally talked about dates are 05Oct - 07Oct. However, there was a lot of change happening and the other weekend up for discussion was 26Oct - 28Oct. I don't believe a decision was ever reached.

My situation has been decided. I'm leaving HP taking an early retirement offer, but I'm way too young to retire so I'll be looking for a job this summer that starts some time in September. Which means I just won't have vacation time to join you this fall :(. However, I'm at peace with my decision and think this change will be good for me. I just hope I have some offers to choose from - or at least one to get me by!

Have fun in St. Louis!

Hi Midwest SG's! According to my calendar, the originally talked about dates are 05Oct - 07Oct. However, there was a lot of change happening and the other weekend up for discussion was 26Oct - 28Oct. I don't believe a decision was ever reached.

My situation has been decided. I'm leaving HP taking an early retirement offer, but I'm way too young to retire so I'll be looking for a job this summer that starts some time in September. Which means I just won't have vacation time to join you this fall :(. However, I'm at peace with my decision and think this change will be good for me. I just hope I have some offers to choose from - or at least one to get me by!

Have fun in St. Louis!

You are correct Michele regarding the dates although nothing formal has been decided. I think the final consensus is the last weekend.

We will miss you Michele!! Glad you have an answer and can move forward with finding your new path! So glad you have found peace, we will see you at the spring 2013 meet up...(it's never to early to think about it, right???) Good luck!

Have fun in St. Louis!

You are correct Michele regarding the dates although nothing formal has been decided. I think the final consensus is the last weekend.

We will miss you Michele!! Glad you have an answer and can move forward with finding your new path! So glad you have found peace, we will see you at the spring 2013 meet up...(it's never to early to think about it, right???) Good luck!

Yep, never too early!! Will we be back in Omaha? That was a great place to stay!!

Have fun in St. Louis!

Yep, never too early!! Will we be back in Omaha? That was a great place to stay!!

lol...who knows! That will give us something to plan at the meet up! ;)

I'm good with the last two weekends. The first two are still up in the air. I do know that flight prices are cheaper from Baltimore then Rochester!

And the heat here is killing me! A lot of people lost power and are dealing with the heat without central air thanks to a huge storm. Fortunately, we were just fine!

Have fun in St. Louis!

Good luck with finding a new job and starting a new path. We'll miss you at this meetup, but I know you'll find a way to join us again in the future :)

Have fun in St. Louis!

Congratulations on being able to retire! Blessings to you in your new phase of life!

The last weekend is the one that is best for me. The boss has that date looking for a temp to fill in now.

Michele, I'm sad you won't be able to make the meet up but excited for a new beginning for you as well. We'll Skype or something that weekend.

Tiza, you found a great place last time. You're a good tour director.

Can't wait to see you all.

Countdown Conda?

The last weekend is the one that is best for me. The boss has that date looking for a temp to fill in now.

Michele, I'm sad you won't be able to make the meet up but excited for a new beginning for you as well. We'll Skype or something that weekend.

Tiza, you found a great place last time. You're a good tour director.

Can't wait to see you all.

Countdown Conda?

My countdown shows 93 days, but I think that is for the first weekend...I will adjust the countdown when the date is official, and then post accordingly!!

ARE WE THERE YET???

So much for us to do between now and then...I will be glad when it's meet up time!! Between now and then we will build a house and move...an entire household and business to move. Makes me tired thinking of it!! I can't even pick out faucet colors...lol (I had a perfect color picked out only to find it's discontinued. Now I can't find one I like that has all the matching pieces...sigh)

Michele, best wishes in whatever new job adventure awaits you! I hope you get the perfect offer:)

Conda, it's those faucet-type headaches that make me fairly sure I'll never build a house, lol! Good luck with the BIIIIIIIIG move - OMgold, can't imagine having to move house, business, and animals too, right?! lots and lots of work.

Michele, best wishes in whatever new job adventure awaits you! I hope you get the perfect offer:)

Conda, it's those faucet-type headaches that make me fairly sure I'll never build a house, lol! Good luck with the BIIIIIIIIG move - OMgold, can't imagine having to move house, business, and animals too, right?! lots and lots of work.

Yeah...animals too!!

We were in the last house 15 years. It was our 6th house (we built all of them) in 10 years. It was just a way of life back then. Doesn't seem so easy now!! And, since I was busy having babies and taking care of them, I didn't have to do much of the work...just the packing. I might *have* to help with this one. No little ones to take care of...AND I can't use the excuse that I'm pregnant to get out of painting because of the fumes....hahahaha!

Yeah...animals too!!

We were in the last house 15 years. It was our 6th house (we built all of them) in 10 years. It was just a way of life back then. Doesn't seem so easy now!! And, since I was busy having babies and taking care of them, I didn't have to do much of the work...just the packing. I might *have* to help with this one. No little ones to take care of...AND I can't use the excuse that I'm pregnant to get out of painting because of the fumes....hahahaha!

LOL - I got out of the heavy lifting when we moved into our home b/c I was pregnant;) I did virtually all of the packing and lifted many of the smaller boxes though. I wasn't that far along and we had plenty of male relatives and friends helping. I didn't figure I was the only one to use that excuse when moving :giggle_bear:

Good luck with finding a new job and starting a new path. We'll miss you at this meetup, but I know you'll find a way to join us again in the future :)

Thanks, Tiza! I'm sure I'll be there at a future meet-up once things get settled with a new job.

Archived