Midwest Meet Up October 2012

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will miss you Michele!! Glad you have an answer and can move forward with finding your new path! So glad you have found peace, we will see you at the spring 2013 meet up...(it's never to early to think about it, right???) Good luck!

I'm already thinking of how I'll arrange any vacation days I'll get so I can join up in the spring :-)

Michele, best wishes in whatever new job adventure awaits you! I hope you get the perfect offer:)

Conda, it's those faucet-type headaches that make me fairly sure I'll never build a house, lol! Good luck with the BIIIIIIIIG move - OMgold, can't imagine having to move house, business, and animals too, right?! lots and lots of work.

Thanks, me too!

Conda - any luck that the faucets you like might be in stock in some warehouse just waiting for you to get them? You never know! Good luck on the new home, how exciting!

Congratulations on being able to retire! Blessings to you in your new phase of life!

Thanks, Gayle! It's not so much retirement now, I'm well under 50 and won't be able to touch the lump sum of funds they're offering - I'm looking at it as a buy-out that I can't have until far into the future! I'm looking for a new opportunity, I have several leads so far, so I'm hoping something perfect will come along to keep me going for another 20 years until I can *really* retire!

The last weekend is the one that is best for me. The boss has that date looking for a temp to fill in now.

Michele, I'm sad you won't be able to make the meet up but excited for a new beginning for you as well. We'll Skype or something that weekend.

Tiza, you found a great place last time. You're a good tour director.

Can't wait to see you all.

Countdown Conda?

Sandi, that's a brilliant idea! I'd love to skype with the gang in St. Louis and be a virtual part of the party!

I feel your pain, Conda, sort of....I supervised the movers packing up my stuff and moving it! I'm doing all the unpacking, but that's the easy part. But I didn't have to pick out faucets or paint colors, either!

I'm skimming through the posts ... is there a final date yet??

Not yet. I'm going to search for hotels using the last weekend (Oct 26-28) as our first choice. If I can't find any availability, I'll look at the other weekends.

Yay! I can't wait for another getaway, lol! I'll need this one to recover from the move. We should be closing on our house early next week, so that part will be done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Should I look for rooms available Thursday-Sunday? Friday-Sunday? Friday-Monday? What is everyone interested in??

Arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday seemed to work well for many last time. I'm hoping to ride over from KC with Conda and Angie so I'll leave it up to them. I'll be flying to KC from Orlando on Monday or Tuesday that week. And then leaving KC on the following Tuesday. Gotta spend some time with my grands and my kids.

The reservations are made!!

We are at the same Drury hotel that we stayed at in 2010 (has it really been 2 years since SG came to St. Louis?).

The dates are Thursday, October 25 through Sunday, October 28

I have a block of 5 guest rooms reserved. We can add more guest rooms, if needed.... or get rid of rooms if we have a small turnout. The group guest room rate is $124.95/night, which is actually LESS than we paid in 2010 ;) As soon as I get the confirmation contract from the sales coordinator, I'll pass along the reservation link.

RESERVATIONS:

INDIVIDUAL CALL-IN reservations can be made online by going to www.druryhotels.com, then entering group number of 2157941.

Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and referring to the group number of

Reservations, either call in or via rooming lists, must be made by Sunday, September 23, 2012.

We also have a small meeting room for Friday & Saturday. It's a small boardroom (same one as last time) that will fit 14 comfortably. We can fit more chairs if needed. The price of this room is dependent upon how many guest rooms we use each night. (If we have 5 sleeping rooms each night, the meeting room is only $50/day. If we use fewer than 5 sleeping rooms, the price is $150/day.)

I have a few ideas for possible photo walks, so we can discuss those at the meetup.

Yay!

Should I look for rooms available Thursday-Sunday? Friday-Sunday? Friday-Monday? What is everyone interested in??

Arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday seemed to work well for many last time. I'm hoping to ride over from KC with Conda and Angie so I'll leave it up to them. I'll be flying to KC from Orlando on Monday or Tuesday that week. And then leaving KC on the following Tuesday. Gotta spend some time with my grands and my kids.

I'll see if I can swing a departure date of Thursday too. I would hate to drive that whole way myself! Pat, are you on board too and interested in carpooling with Conda, Angie and Sandi if we can?

Archived