Midwest Meet Up October 2012

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't decided yet if I'll stay at the hotel, or just commute back and forth. It's really only a 15-minute bus ride from my apartment to the Drury. So that would be the cheaper option. But if we need that 5th guest room in order to get the cheaper rate on the meeting room, I just might do that.... plus then I can stay up later scrapping! ;)

Thinking ahead to transportation logistics.

I know a large group of you are planning to carpool together. That would fill up one vehicle.

And then there is the issue of the people flying in... in a best case scenario, that would include Amy, Debbie, Carla, and Barb. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!)

This hotel is too far from the airport to have a shuttle.

And since I don't drive, I'm not available to pick people up. :( (which makes me feel like a crummy hostess!)

So we would need another vehicle to get people from the airport....and drive everyone around St. Louis all weekend!!

Laura is a local scrapper, so I need to check with her and see if she can help with transportation. In which case, we should be okay.

Otherwise, I don't know if the people flying in would want to chip in together to get a rental car?

Just some things to think about :)

Sorry I'm such a pain... one of the drawbacks of being a non-driver. Unless you all just want to ride the bus & Metrolink around all weekend... I'm a pro at that ;)

I know a large group of you are planning to carpool together. That would fill up one vehicle.

And then there is the issue of the people flying in... in a best case scenario, that would include Amy, Debbie, Carla, and Barb. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!)

And since I don't drive, I'm not available to pick people up. :( (which makes me feel like a crummy hostess!)

So we would need another vehicle to get people from the airport....and drive everyone around St. Louis all weekend!!

Laura is a local scrapper, so I need to check with her and see if she can help with transportation. In which case, we should be okay.

Otherwise, I don't know if the people flying in would want to chip in together to get a rental car?

Sorry I'm such a pain... one of the drawbacks of being a non-driver. Unless you all just want to ride the bus & Metrolink around all weekend... I'm a pro at that ;)

I'll check with my son and see if I can "borrow" my old Escape, 4 passengers, and I can drive over to StL for the weekend. Let you know in a day or two.

Tiza, you are in no way a pain and you are a delightful hostess. We're resourceful (all SGs are resourceful) and we'll figure this out.

I want to make sure that I've got it right. The meet-up is in St. Louis, correct.

You got it right Carol. any chance you can make it? ( saying that with excitement and hope in my voice)

I'm checking into air fares from New York to St. Louis. Also need to look at my budget, gasp! I hope I can make it. I would love to meet all you gals. I've always had fun at the meetups that I did go to. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I won't be able to join you all this time. Although airfare would be affordable, my partner at work is on vacation exactly over that time period and I know I won't be approved for the time off. Unfortunately. :(

I won't be able to join you all this time. Although airfare would be affordable, my partner at work is on vacation exactly over that time period and I know I won't be approved for the time off. Unfortunately. :(

:grr:

We will miss you!

I'll check with my son and see if I can "borrow" my old Escape, 4 passengers, and I can drive over to StL for the weekend. Let you know in a day or two.

Tiza, you are in no way a pain and you are a delightful hostess. We're resourceful (all SGs are resourceful) and we'll figure this out.

I'm happy to drive shuttle back and forth if need be! I can haul 4 people besides myself...and have a WHOLE truck bed we could pile full of stuff...

:monstercry:

We'll miss you Amy!! Sorry it won't work out this time. We'll have to Skype with you like we did with Elisha last time :)

Darn work!;)

*hugs* We'll miss you and I'll cross my fingers NOW for the next meetup!

I am in need of a roommate - any takers? :)

Still looking for a roomie, Cheri?

I can't afford the whole room price, but willing to share. My regular roomie, Sandi, may be taken already . Back up plan needed! :)

I think I learned today my airfare will be greatly reduced by frequent "buyer" miles. So the room is the primary expense for me.

Anyone know what time we should begin arriving? How to get there from the airport (i.e. RIDE needed here).

ALSO, will check into renting a mini van again. My price last Oct in San Antonio was $209 for the weekend.

I am in need of a roommate - any takers? :)

Still looking for a roomie, Cheri?

I can't afford the whole room price, but willing to share. My regular roomie, Sandi, may be taken already . Back up plan needed! :)

I think I learned today my airfare will be greatly reduced by frequent "buyer" miles. So the room is the primary expense for me.

Anyone know what time we should begin arriving? How to get there from the airport (i.e. RIDE needed here).

ALSO, will check into renting a mini van again. My price last Oct in San Antonio was $209 for the weekend.

I sure was still looking, but it looks like I found her - or more correctly, you found me:) lol

I can't wait to meet you! I think I'm carpooling with Angie, etc, so I'm guessing based on last time that we'll be there in the later afternoon on Thursday.

This is going to be a great meetup! (Aren't they all, but really!!)

It looks like a great group of SG's going! I'm still on the job hunt, so this one is out for me. I'm hoping all will be set for the meet up in the spring. I want to Skype with y'all while you're there to join in on some of the fun!

On the skype list for sure. We'll miss you and good luck with that job search thing. Ugh!

It looks like a great group of SG's going! I'm still on the job hunt, so this one is out for me. I'm hoping all will be set for the meet up in the spring. I want to Skype with y'all while you're there to join in on some of the fun!

On the skype list for sure. We'll miss you and good luck with that job search thing. Ugh!

Thanks! I have a line on a few things, but no solid offers yet. My last day with HP is 31Aug, it's looming so soon now!

Archived