Midwest Meet Up October 2012

Please add me to the Skype list too. I've kept quiet on this meet up because I was pretty sure it wasn't going work out for me. We leave on our big vacation a few days after the meet up and I just can't justify spending the money to get to St. Louis. I'm very sad to not be able to meet up with my Scrap Girls, especially if a couple of new faces are going to make it there. :(

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please add me to the Skype list too. I've kept quiet on this meet up because I was pretty sure it wasn't going work out for me. We leave on our big vacation a few days after the meet up and I just can't justify spending the money to get to St. Louis. I'm very sad to not be able to meet up with my Scrap Girls, especially if a couple of new faces are going to make it there. :(

We will miss you Pat!!

I probably won't stay in a hotel but I will be there. I have an SUV that can fit 7 people in it so we can use that too. I can help with shuttling for the airport (and pick you up Tiza...) or what ever. Someone can even stay at my apartment if they want. If you guys havn't figured it out already, my husband and I split. We are getting a divorce. Scrapbooking has been on the back burner since then because it's hard to scrap memories with someone you are no longer with. Can't wait to see you ladies again!

I probably won't stay in a hotel but I will be there. I have an SUV that can fit 7 people in it so we can use that too. I can help with shuttling for the airport (and pick you up Tiza...) or what ever. Someone can even stay at my apartment if they want. If you guys havn't figured it out already, my husband and I split. We are getting a divorce. Scrapbooking has been on the back burner since then because it's hard to scrap memories with someone you are no longer with. Can't wait to see you ladies again!

Aw Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup....that's so hard. But I'm glad you'l be with us. And we appreciate all the shuttle service. Hugs and more hugs coming in person soon.

Here is the hotel reservation information.

INDIVIDUAL CALL-IN reservations can be made online by going to www.druryhotels.com, then entering group number of 2157941.

Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and referring to the group number of

Reservations, either call in or via rooming lists, must be made by Sunday, September 23, 2012.

I woke this morning knowing that I won't be able to pull off this trip.

There is just too much going on with the house siding replacement and bathroom renovation, and I don't feel I can take extra expenses for a get away at this time.

I really wanted to go... guess I will have to be on the Skype list too. (How do we do that?)

My roommate was Cheri. I think Sandi C needed a roommate? Hope it works out for you girls!

Have fun!

I woke this morning knowing that I won't be able to pull off this trip.

There is just too much going on with the house siding replacement and bathroom renovation, and I don't feel I can take extra expenses for a get away at this time.

I really wanted to go... guess I will have to be on the Skype list too. (How do we do that?)

My roommate was Cheri. I think Sandi C needed a roommate? Hope it works out for you girls!

Have fun!

I think we are having a tricky roomie situation all around!! We will miss you Barb!!! (I know the feeling...we might be moving that weekend! Gasp!!)

Like Pat, I've also been relatively quiet here thinking it probably was not going to work out for me. As it stands, there is no way I can come this fall .... but I am very hopeful for spring (In Omaha?????) I hope you gals enjoy your time ... maybe I should fire up my skype and see if it still knows how to work!! :bighug: to all!!

Like Pat, I've also been relatively quiet here thinking it probably was not going to work out for me. As it stands, there is no way I can come this fall .... but I am very hopeful for spring (In Omaha?????) I hope you gals enjoy your time ... maybe I should fire up my skype and see if it still knows how to work!! :bighug: to all!!

We will miss you Lei!! We will set up a place/date when we are together. Maybe KC? Des Moines? Omaha??

Oh Barb, that's too bad! I will miss the opportunity to meet you and I'll start crossing my fingers that the next meetup will work for you! *hugs*

I am officially looking for a roommate again if anyone is in need. I already have a room reserved...

I'm up in the air about this one. My job went away and I'm not excited about starting over again, so I'm thinking the smart thing to do would be to save up for the next one. I was so looking forward and I'm still undecided, but just not sure now. Disappointing.

So now the question becomes.... if this many people won't be able to make it, is it even worth having? Do we just put it on hold until next year?

If I count correctly, the definite attendees are: me, Cheri, and Laura. The maybes are now: Conda (depends on the house), Sandi (depends on job/money), Carla (depends on hubby), and Angie (depends on football). Did I miss anyone?

It seems silly to me to have the expense of traveling/hotel/meeting room if there will only be a few of us there.

I don't want to have to wait longer to have a SG meetup because I love hanging out with you all... but I would rather wait for a time when LOTS of us can be together!

So now the question becomes.... if this many people won't be able to make it, is it even worth having? Do we just put it on hold until next year?

If I count correctly, the definite attendees are: me, Cheri, and Laura. The maybes are now: Conda (depends on the house), Sandi (depends on job/money), Carla (depends on hubby), and Angie (depends on football). Did I miss anyone?

It seems silly to me to have the expense of traveling/hotel/meeting room if there will only be a few of us there.

I don't want to have to wait longer to have a SG meetup because I love hanging out with you all... but I would rather wait for a time when LOTS of us can be together!

Yes, I agree. It seems like it might be better to hold off until spring. I love hanging out with you guys, but life is so uncertain at the moment.

UGH....I had this thought.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm with Conda - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but it does make sense.

I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO too (well, quietly since I was at work)...but it seems like the most reasonable choice right now :(

It will just make the 2013 meetup that much more awesome!

If anyone wants to travel to St. Louis anyway, either that weekend or another this year, I'll still hang out :) You're just on your own for hotel reservations. If there are only a couple of us, we can always use my apartment dining room table (I can fit 4 scrappers comfortably). Just give me a few weeks notice, so I can unbury my dining room table ;)

AH HA moment!!! So maybe that's ^^^^ our new plan!! If only a couple of you can come in that weekend (and you desperately need a getaway from work/family), you can find your own hotel in St. Louis... somewhere even cheaper than the Drury. Then we come scrap at my apartment, do a few photo walks... something low-key. I can have food here, or we can eat elsewhere. The only issue is my downstairs neighbor - he is picky about noise, especially in the evening/night. But with only a few of us, maybe it won't be too bad.

What do you guys think??

Archived