Midwest Meet Up October 2012

AH HA moment!!! So maybe that's ^^^^ our new plan!! If only a couple of you can come in that weekend (and you desperately need a getaway from work/family), you can find your own hotel in St. Louis... somewhere even cheaper than the Drury. Then we come scrap at my apartment, do a few photo walks... something low-key. I can have food here, or we can eat elsewhere. The only issue is my downstairs neighbor - he is picky about noise, especially in the evening/night. But with only a few of us, maybe it won't be too bad.

What do you guys think??

Sounds like a good possibility!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AH HA moment!!! So maybe that's ^^^^ our new plan!! If only a couple of you can come in that weekend (and you desperately need a getaway from work/family), you can find your own hotel in St. Louis... somewhere even cheaper than the Drury. Then we come scrap at my apartment, do a few photo walks... something low-key. I can have food here, or we can eat elsewhere. The only issue is my downstairs neighbor - he is picky about noise, especially in the evening/night. But with only a few of us, maybe it won't be too bad.

What do you guys think??

Sounds like a good possibility!!!

Now I'm envious. Wish I could come. But....Barb and I are having our own mini meet-up for breakfast next week!!!!!!!!

I was already aiming for Spring 2013. However, I'm so bummed this may not be a go. One of my job offers would have me in Des Moined and I was thinking if I was already in the "area" I might make this. I'm really leaning toward accepting an offer here in MI which puts me back to spring. I won't let the meet-up influence my decision on a job...much.

I've been "silently" watching this thread. There is a possibility that I may be in St. Louis visiting my daughter during the time of your meet-up. I couldn't stay at a hotel for a whole weekend - - but since you may be having it at your home, I might be able to stop by for an afternoon or something. Not sure of all my plans yet. I'll keep watching to see what you decide.

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Dh got his class switched, but too many things have popped up for that weekend, including company coming possibly. I'm sorry to have to do this so close to the meetup, especially since the numbers have been dwindling!

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Dh got his class switched, but too many things have popped up for that weekend, including company coming possibly. I'm sorry to have to do this so close to the meetup, especially since the numbers have been dwindling!

*SIGH*

:monstercry:

:monstercry:

I second that!

Guess I'll go ahead and cancel the hotel meeting room, since we probably won't need that.

*sigh*

Cheri, Angie, Conda, and others... you are still welcome to come in for the weekend and hang out. We can play things by ear, find somewhere to hang out, and just not make it a full "meetup"!

I just got word that my drug screen and background check are complete and as of 01Oct (next Monday!) I am a proud new employee of General Motors! I have 15 days vacation next year...so I'm wondering...is anyone thinking about dates for the spring meet-up? Will we have the St. Louis location since this one didn't really come together? I'm so excited to be gainfully employed and know that I can make it in the spring!

Congratulations, Michelle! I'm so happy for you and you must be so relieved!

If we are looking at dates for next spring, the kids have Spring Break the week of Easter, so the weekend after Easter wouldn't work for me, lol!

I just got word that my drug screen and background check are complete and as of 01Oct (next Monday!) I am a proud new employee of General Motors! I have 15 days vacation next year...so I'm wondering...is anyone thinking about dates for the spring meet-up? Will we have the St. Louis location since this one didn't really come together? I'm so excited to be gainfully employed and know that I can make it in the spring!

That is great news!! We'll have to see if we can coordinate our travel plans this spring! I'm really happy for you! ((hugs))

Congratulations, Michelle! I'm so happy for you and you must be so relieved!

If we are looking at dates for next spring, the kids have Spring Break the week of Easter, so the weekend after Easter wouldn't work for me, lol!

Thanks, Carla! I'm very relieved to say the least. Although, this has been a good experience for me and DH - we've shown that we can live on much less. So when the checks start coming, we need to keep exercising discipline and work on a nest egg.

According to a site I found on Google, Easter Sunday is 31Mar2013 (kinda early next year). I think we'll be safe as we usually try for the latter part of April, right?

Yay for the new job Michele! I'm hoping next spring will work out too. I'm moving to WA in December and have no idea about work, budget or anything at this point. But I sure would love a meet up. At least I'll only be about a half hour or so from Barb, so hoping to get some time to scrap with her more.

Ok, we had so much fun and love doing these meet ups so much we've set a tentative date and place for the next one.

October 4-7, in the St. Louis area. Laura and Tiza co-hosting

The Conda Countdown will be showing up shortly.

Just to be perfectly clear, you do not need to be a midwesterner to attend, its just called the midwest meet up because we meet somewhere in the midwest. LOL Everyone is welcome.

Do I dare try to even think about coming? My mother will be 102 next week and live right next door and her best friend is in Memory Care. Everytime I go away she ends up in the hospital and I'm her only source of care outside the facility. Maybe, maybe I'll start thinking about coming!

I just realized that is next week - forget that momentary insanity! I haven't been on the board much so don't really know what is going on.

Margot, we are planning for Spring 2013...our fall meet up the end of October has fallen apart...we would love to have you next spring! (date to be determined)

Ok, we had so much fun and love doing these meet ups so much we've set a tentative date and place for the next one. October 4-7, in the St. Louis area. Laura and Tiza co-hostingThe Conda Countdown will be showing up shortly.
Just to be perfectly clear, you do not need to be a midwesterner to attend, its just called the midwest meet up because we meet somewhere in the midwest. LOL Everyone is welcome.
Do I dare try to even think about coming? My mother will be 102 next week and live right next door and her best friend is in Memory Care. Everytime I go away she ends up in the hospital and I'm her only source of care outside the facility. Maybe, maybe I'll start thinking about coming!

Definitely think about Spring, Margot! You will have so much fun! See if Fran can come, too!

Archived