May 2012 Forum Game

The Boutique Alphabet Game is back! Do you remember playing the game "I am going on a ___hunt and bringing...then each player listed items starting with a specific letter? We are playing a similar game on the message board during the month of May.

Each day a new theme and starting letter will be posted in the game thread. Members then will search the boutique for something that fits the theme and post it in the game thread. Entries are to follow the alphabet starting with the letter posted with the theme each day. Only one product per letter per round will be counted and products may not be used more than once. Collections and their individual parts count as one product. Time stamps will be used to determine credit in the case of duplicate letter or product posts. There is a limit of three game posts per person each day and another player must post before posting again.

Member names will be added to a drawing based on the number of qualified product links posted in the thread. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the month and winners will be announced in the June 9th newsletter. Gift certificates will be awarded: $15 first prize, $10 second and $5 third.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 - I'm going to deliver May Day baskets and bringing... Start with letter A

The second poster will find something starting with the letter B, the third poster will find something starting with the letter C and so on. Have fun!

Game Play Reminder:

Each player may post up to 3 times per day. Just remember to allow another player to post before you post again, and be sure to check the previous posts so you don't repeat a product in the same day. ;)

Each day a new theme and starting letter will be posted in the game thread. Members then will search the boutique for something that fits the theme and post it in the game thread.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure I totally understand the game. Do the things we put in our basket have to go along with the theme for the day? If so, do all these things we're picking fit into the theme of May Day? (Not trying to be picky, just want to make sure I understand. Haven't seen this game before.)

Each day a new theme and starting letter will be posted in the game thread. Members then will search the boutique for something that fits the theme and post it in the game thread.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure I totally understand the game. Do the things we put in our basket have to go along with the theme for the day? If so, do all these things we're picking fit into the theme of May Day? (Not trying to be picky, just want to make sure I understand. Haven't seen this game before.)

Hi Deb,

You don't have to put anything in your basket. You just have to find items in the boutique that fit the day's theme and begin with the letter you are posting for, then post a link to that item in this thread

Example: today's theme is: I'm going deliver May Day baskets and I'm going to bring _________________

If I'm posting for the letter F, my post might look like this:

I'm going to deliver May Day baskets and I'm bringing a flower pot from Brush Set: Be Happy

You do want to try to find items that are related to the theme.

Does this help any? Let us know if you need more clarification. ;)

Archived