Congratulations Diane (Florida Granny)!

CRS

This is funny, about you two being related. I consider you both friends, and never had a clue.:) Congratulations again, Diane. I became attracted to Sg for the same reasons, after looking around. I had never paper scrapped, but had painted, edited photos, and made paper cards.

Sorry this is so late, but you know what they say - "better late, than never" A great BIG Congratulations! Very well deserved. Whenever I post a layout I always love reading your comments because they are so insightful.

Congratulations Diane. It is great to read more about you and your journey. Thanks for sharing your favourite layout. It is truly beautiful, what a precious memory. :)

Diane - I could not think of a nicer lady to have such a great honor this month. Congratulations on being Member of the Month ... a well deserved title!!

blessings and hugs ~ Lei

I'm a little late to the party, but congratulations Diane! :sign_Congrats_wav: You certainly deserve the title! And I had no idea that you and Marilyn are related. That is so neat! None of my family even shows any interest to know what digiscrapping is, let alone how to do it. We're so very lucky that you're both Scrap Girls. It was great reading about you, and I'm so glad that you moved to Florida because I love seeing your tropical layouts! Enjoy your month, MOM! :worthy:

Congratulations Diane (Florida granny)! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Diane as the Member of the Month for May!

Diane has been a huge asset to Scrap Girls. Since joining in October 2010, Diane has joined in on a ton of challenges and swaps! She replies to other members status updates and spends lots of time in the gallery leaving love. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

Diane will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

When you have a few minutes Diane, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

It took me a while to gather thoughts, but here goes:

I wasn’t a paper scrapper. My first interest actually was photo editing. After moving to Florida from New Jersey, I took a short course on how to use editing software. I bought PSE 6 and loved the neat things that I could do with it: cropping, adjusting color and light, and adding text. I went on to try different creative effects. Then I got curious about making scrapbook pages, so I started a search for scrapbooking freebies. I found several sites and began to download every free thing I could find. That’s how I discovered Scrapgirls – and the rest is history! I liked the quality of the offerings here and the fact that SG gave away a whole free collection as well as something new each day. I even purchased a couple of things. Eventually I became a member and bravely posted my first layout. So I guess you could say I got lured to SG because of its generosity, then stayed because of its quality. I told my husband’s niece Marilyn (MariJ) to check SG out, and she joined even before I did. Now I have friends here from all over the world. We chat, we comment on each other’s layouts; it’s just the warmest place I could imagine for indulging my hobby.

Now for some personal stuff: I’m married, retired, have two grown sons, and three adorable grandchildren. My husband and I live on the west coast of Florida. I like reading, sewing, yoga, needlework, eating and sleeping, but all those have been pushed aside for scrapping, LOL!

I guess I talked long enough! Carla, you asked me for a link to a favorite layout. I’ve put up so many layouts that I recruited MariJ and DH to help me pick. Here’s the link to one we all like:

One favorite

Also, in case you are curious, here’s my first layout (all freebies!)

Freebie layout

Thank you. I feel truly honored to have been picked for Scrapgirls’ Member of the Month.

sign_Congrats_wav.gif Diane! You deserve it! We're glad you're here! :)

• 2 weeks later...

How delightful to open this morning's newsletter and read all about you, Diane! You are a wonderful Scrap Girl and I've really enjoyed getting to know you! The MOM crown has had so much sparkle this month with you wearing it!

Congratulations to you again!

Oh Diane! I commented to you personally but never got back here, d'oh!! I loved reading what you wrote... about how you got here and why you stayed... I was so surprised whn you were picked because I thought you must have already been it before... you were one of the very first friends I made here, you left such lovely comments on my struggling newbie pages! I was reading your newsletter and suddenly realised that I had never seen what you looked like hahaha!! Isn't that funny? Some of our dearest friends we have never met, sure... but to not even know what you looked like?? Too funny! I loved the layout you chose as your favourite and also for the newsletter as it is one of my ALL TIME favourites... as you know I lifted it! I also think it funny that the page I commented on this morning was your updated holiday photos of DGD#2 and here is the original as your first layout!!! Coincidences are everywhere. Thank for sharing so much of yourself with us and for being such a fabulous SG, enjoy your rein!!!!

Diane, you're an awesome choice for Member of the Month. I loved what you said about yourself and why you've continued here on SG. A hearty "Hear! Hear!" to those comments. I've enjoyed seeing your layouts and particularly love the one you chose to share. The dreamy lighting, the wonderful picture of your husband and grandkids wandering down to the beach and the Gershwin lyric have a wonderful laid back feel. Congratulations on your award, I look forward to many more years of enjoying your company at SG.

Congratulations, again Diane. Loved your layout of the walk to the beach! You do embody all that SG is all about. Hope you enjoyed your month in the spotlight!

Let me be the last (maybe!) to congratulate you this month for your honor of being chosen MOM, with apologies for being so late! I thought had congratulated you on the very, very well deserved choice of you as May MOM. All of your kindness and helpfulness and great humor are such an asset to this lovely place, and I am so happy to have met you here! I hope you had a wonderful month and are basking in the glow! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

• 2 months later...

Archived