Hello From Sunny Cal!

mellowyellow

Hi there! I am so new at digital scrapbooking and don't know what took me so long! I am about 4 years behind on my scrapbooking and thought this is the best way to catch up - nevermind that I get distracted collecting free digital stuff on the internet, but that's just the hoarder in me :lol: . Anyone else in here use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator software?

So looking forward to learning from you all!

1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg

Hope you enjoy being here as this is a great place.

I am not sure if there are many members using Creative Memories, but there could be.

Make sure you check the many challenges that happen each month as they are great for inspiration.

Love your name! Welcome to Scrap Girls! I live in sunny Cali myself :) You are going to love digi scrapbooking...... limitless possibilities. Hope to see you layouts in the gallery.

Welcome--you'll love it here. April's right; the other software can be used, but there are so many great resources and products like styles that work with Photoshop Elements (PSE) and Photoshop (PS) that most of us ended up switching from other products.

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome :) honestly I have downloaded the PS10 trial but let the 30 days run out because I was so frustrated with it :dunno: maybe one of these days I'll try again because I know most digi scrapbookers use it. I am pretty happy with the CM Storybook Creator for now and dont find it limiting me yet. Looking forward to checking out the galleries for inspiration.

Hi mellowyellow, and welcome to Scrap Girls! I'm not familiar with that software, but I think most people who really get into digiscrapping switch to Adobe software at some point - Photoshop ($$$) or Photoshop Elements($). Paintshop Pro($) is another good program. I think some people also use free products like Gimp/Gimpshop. I can totally relate to the hoarding thing, LOL. Have fun scrapping!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself.

The Adobe products do have a little bit of a learning curve to them, but you can get lots of help here. We don't want anyone to be frustrated. Also, Ro has put together video tutorials called Scrapbook Secrets Revealed for each of the Adobe products. She teaches you how to use the software at the same time she teaches you how to scrapbook! What could be better than that?

That's not to say that you have to use an Adobe product to participate here. We welcome everybody, no matter what software or at what level you are scrapping!

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us!

Yes, the Adobe products aren't especially intuitively obvious, but Ro's Secrets are worth their weight in gold as far as preventing frustration. I've been using Photoshop Elements since PSE2, and I've been very happy with how powerful the program is.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

Looking forward to seeing you around! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I am so new at digital scrapbooking and don't know what took me so long! I am about 4 years behind on my scrapbooking and thought this is the best way to catch up - nevermind that I get distracted collecting free digital stuff on the internet, but that's just the hoarder in me :lol: . Anyone else in here use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator software?

So looking forward to learning from you all!

Hi MellowYellow - I too use Storybook Creator and have been very happy with it. I just love all of Scrapgirls products. Welcome to the group.

Archived