Templates

I have a question re: templates. I do not have Photoshop. How will I know which templates come in PNG files that can be used in Programs such as Memory Mixer?

Love your freebies, and I get a lot of inspiration from the lovely layouts! I enjoy the newsletter, too.

Are you talking about layout templates? The ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates come with both layered PSD files AND PNG files. I'm not familiar with the Memory Mixer program so I'm not sure how it works, but if you're able to layer your PNG files and clip photos/papers to the PNG files in Memory Mixer you should be able to use any of the layout templates in the boutique :) Hopefully someone who knows your software well will come along and clarify :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls. I don't know that program either. Why don't you try to download a free version of Photoshop Elements. You should be able to get PSE2 free. You won't look back. Digi scrapping is just the best fun especially if you have lots of new friends that are always around to help you.

Welcome to Scrap Girls. I don't know that program either, I used to use a similar program but once I really got into digital scrapping I found it really limiting. I very quickly changed to PSE.

I have a question re: templates. I do not have Photoshop. How will I know which templates come in PNG files that can be used in Programs such as Memory Mixer?

Love your freebies, and I get a lot of inspiration from the lovely layouts! I enjoy the newsletter, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome and your helpful replies! I can do layers, but not clipping masks or brushes. So the templates need to be ready to use without having to add color. I have used SNU aged curled frames templates (and love them!)

again, thanks for your help.

the MeMe

I'm not familiar with that program either. I used to use ScrapBook Max, but it was very limiting. Switched over to PSE5 and now I'm using PSE10. There are free trials for PSE10 that you can download and use for 30 days and then you can purchase it if you like it, which I'm sure you will.

Welcome to Scrap Girls and I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.

The "templates" are gray scale and are meant to be used as clipping masks or recolored, or even just for inspiration. I think you would probably need to go with finished items that you find in the Collections, JIF6's, Easy Pages, SuperSpread7's, etc.

And, welcome!

I guess what I'm asking is, how can I tell which embellishment templates are ready to use, as opposed to those that need finishing with a Photoshop type program?

Totally understand the question now. Just stick with the Pretty Things category (http://store.scrapgirls.com/category/57/Pretty-Things) for products that are already colored and styled and ready to assemble to create a layout. Another category that will have ready-to-go stuff that you don't have to color or clip to would be the Assemble Your Own section (http://store.scrapgirls.com/category/119/Assemble-Your-Own) Any of the products that include the word "template" in the product title are going to be gray scale and require some personalizing through styles, clipping masks, etc to use on a final layout, so those are the ones to kind of stay away from as far as your software goes.

Hope that helps more!!

Welcome to the Purple Place. :P I'm sure you are already finding it a friendly place. I'm still trying to learn templates myself. although I subscribe to the Scrapsimple Club, I seldom use them. Eventually I will. I do use the Scrapgirls Club A lot!, and the pretty collections. Also, Angie in customer service will help you out any way she can about ordering and problems.

I used several different kinds of software (unfortunately not the one you are using) that came with printers, etc. when I first started trying to learn digital scraping, but they were so limited, and when you saved them, it was a strange file that nothing else could open. Finally, I got brave enough to try Photoshop Elements 6 and really struggled with it for a long time, almost giving up. Until I finally got PSE 9, I hadn't realized my PSE 6 wasn't working correctly. then I got PSE 10 and wow! Like night and day. It finally makes sense to me.

I hope before long you will at least give PSE a try, for yourself, no other reason. We don't sell PSE.:lol:

Have fun!!

Welcome to the Purple Place. :P I'm sure you are already finding it a friendly place. I'm still trying to learn templates myself. although I subscribe to the Scrapsimple Club, I seldom use them. Eventually I will. I do use the Scrapgirls Club A lot!, and the pretty collections. Also, Angie in customer service will help you out any way she can about ordering and problems.

I used several different kinds of software (unfortunately not the one you are using) that came with printers, etc. when I first started trying to learn digital scraping, but they were so limited, and when you saved them, it was a strange file that nothing else could open. Finally, I got brave enough to try Photoshop Elements 6 and really struggled with it for a long time, almost giving up. Until I finally got PSE 9, I hadn't realized my PSE 6 wasn't working correctly. then I got PSE 10 and wow! Like night and day. It finally makes sense to me.

I hope before long you will at least give PSE a try, for yourself, no other reason. We don't sell PSE.:lol:

Have fun!!

Welcome to Scrap Girls. I don't know that program either. Why don't you try to download a free version of Photoshop Elements. You should be able to get PSE2 free. You won't look back. Digi scrapping is just the best fun especially if you have lots of new friends that are always around to help you.

When I first started digital scrapping I downloaded a 30-day free trial of PSE9. Couldn't make it work. Total frustration! this was before I discovered Scrapgirls :) Perhaps now that I've been working with digital for a while, it would be easier.

I have been looking at some of the older PSE programs on Amazon.com. They are cheaper than the new ones. Would these versions work just as well? I'm running XP on my computer.

I wouldn't go earlier than PSE5. Avoid PSE6 if you can; it has some "upgrades" that many people thought were "downgrades". I use and really like PSE9. About the only difference PSE10 has from 9 is paths. I can't advise you on PSE 7 & 8, as I have not used them.

Archived