May Layout Contest

PBarnes

May is a big month in the northern hemisphere for flowers. For this month’s layout contest we’re going to give a little twist on the usual flower photos. We want you to try your hand at extreme close ups. Be creative in point of view and angle. Even most point-and-shoot cameras have a close up mode. Do the best you can with the equipment you have and scrap a layout with a photo or two – or three. Your submission will be judged on its merit as a layout, not necessarily the photography.

Post your layouts in the May Layout Contest Gallery by midnight Mountain Time on May 31st to be eligible to win one of two gift certificates to the Scrap Girls Boutique.

Nice challenge and as I am always taking flower photos I should have no difficulty in doing this challenge.

I don't think of them all on my own. My partner in crime is Carla (CRS). ;)

I thought of an idea for those with P&S cameras. Put it on the highest megapixel setting, get as close as you can and still be in focus, and then take your photo. Then, in your software, crop in on an interesting part of the flower.

Still working on getting that close up shot - the ones I've taken are hmmmmmm........not so good yet! LOL but I'm trying! I do like this challenge! Thank goodness we have the whole month!

I hope it was okay to use a photo I had taken earlier this year. It was a photo I have been itching to get scrapped so thought I would use it for this challenge: Paw Paw Snail

We have had nothing but rain and thunderstorms here lately and I have not taken any pictures of my flowers yet - in fact, the rain has been so heavy that my roses look awful - what few are even there! Still working on getting pics!

Unexpected Beauty

Here is mine - a chance to scrap some pics I took a while back & haven't taken the time to do anything with yet. :) Although I like the pom-pom flowers close up, I sure wish that "alien weed" would quit growing in my yard!!! It weaves through my St Augustine & spreads like a groundcover until it sends up these tiny lavendar pom-poms. When you touch it the leaves fold up instantly - kinda creeps the kids out! LOL

Gorgeous layout Jenna! I especially love the closeups -- great job!

Unexpected Beauty

Here is mine - a chance to scrap some pics I took a while back & haven't taken the time to do anything with yet. :) Although I like the pom-pom flowers close up, I sure wish that "alien weed" would quit growing in my yard!!! It weaves through my St Augustine & spreads like a groundcover until it sends up these tiny lavendar pom-poms. When you touch it the leaves fold up instantly - kinda creeps the kids out! LOL

Archived