May/june 2012 Hybrid Atc Swap

Smiles

I'll join in! It looks like I'll get to play with my little birdies after all, well if it works with what comes to mind!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still thinking and wondering if this is doable for me, the baby is due on the 21st and I have so much going on right now with my Relay for Life team, I might have to sit this swap out, I hate to do it but I don't want to commit if I can't do a GREAT job!

I am still thinking and wondering if this is doable for me, the baby is due on the 21st and I have so much going on right now with my Relay for Life team, I might have to sit this swap out, I hate to do it but I don't want to commit if I can't do a GREAT job!

You ALWAYS do a great job, Shannon. Your ATC's are always spectacular!!

You ALWAYS do a great job, Shannon. Your ATC's are always spectacular!!

Ditto!

A little plea for sanity, here - it's getting on toward summer (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and things are getting busier everywhere. Let's all try to scale back just a notch - this is supposed to be fun for the makers as well as the receivers. Some time ago the level of complication was almost getting competitive - I really don't want to scare anyone off, especially anyone considering joining for the first time.

Every swap I've joined, I've always been very impressed by the cards the creators say did not turn out the way they wanted. If you want to play, please do sign up. If it's going to be stressful, by all means sit this one out. Hope this helps.

A little plea for sanity, here - it's getting on toward summer (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and things are getting busier everywhere. Let's all try to scale back just a notch - this is supposed to be fun for the makers as well as the receivers. Some time ago the level of complication was almost getting competitive - I really don't want to scare anyone off, especially anyone considering joining for the first time.

Every swap I've joined, I've always been very impressed by the cards the creators say did not turn out the way they wanted. If you want to play, please do sign up. If it's going to be stressful, by all means sit this one out. Hope this helps.

Wonderful words of wisdom and a very good reminder, Gayle. Often I get carried away by trying to outdo myself and your "plea for sanity" is well taken. Your best line -- "this is supposed to be fun for the makers as well as the receivers".

Points taken. Thank you for a little de-stressing and reminder! :)

Oooh! I think I want to join in the hybrid ATC Swap! This will be a first for me -- so is there a link with the guidelines for creating/trading our ATCs? waving-hi.gif

YAY! Jo! Glad you are joining in.

I copied and pasted this from an earlier thread Shannon started. April ATC Sign Up Thread

"Do you love ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) and also love to play with glitter, glue, sequins, buttons, lace, ribbon, shells, and anything else shiny ? Well than this is a perfect swap for you. We do a bi-monthly Hybrid ATC Swap at ScrapGirls. You will make anywhere from 9 up to 18 (max for signing up) cards that measure 2.5 x 3.5 (either horizontal or vertical). The card base is usually created with your digital scrap book supplies then printed and embellished using anything under the sun! You then mail them to ME, in a baseball trading card sleeve folded accordian style which will then usually fit in a standard envelope, with enough postage for them to return and a SASE for your cards coming back! "

I hope that helps and I'm sure Gayle or someone else will be along to answer anything else. This thread is usually a blast and keeps us all laughing throughout the month! :)

Oooh! I think I want to join in the hybrid ATC Swap! This will be a first for me -- so is there a link with the guidelines for creating/trading our ATCs? waving-hi.gif

YAY! Jo! Glad you are joining in.

I copied and pasted this from an earlier thread Shannon started. April ATC Sign Up Thread

"Do you love ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) and also love to play with glitter, glue, sequins, buttons, lace, ribbon, shells, and anything else shiny ? Well than this is a perfect swap for you. We do a bi-monthly Hybrid ATC Swap at ScrapGirls. You will make anywhere from 9 up to 18 (max for signing up) cards that measure 2.5 x 3.5 (either horizontal or vertical). The card base is usually created with your digital scrap book supplies then printed and embellished using anything under the sun! You then mail them to ME, in a baseball trading card sleeve folded accordian style which will then usually fit in a standard envelope, with enough postage for them to return and a SASE for your cards coming back! "

I hope that helps and I'm sure Gayle or someone else will be along to answer anything else. This thread is usually a blast and keeps us all laughing throughout the month! :)

Hi Jo, glad to hear you are joining us! Just in case you haven't seen them, here some links you may want to look at. (The videos are awesome!)

Hybrid ATC Gallery

Here are some great product ideas too:

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards

Printable Art and Crafts Sheet: ATC - The Robin

Assemble Your Own: Artist Trading Cards

ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Collage ATC

Assemble Your Own: Conversation Cards

ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie

Let us know if you have any more questions. :)

Thanks to Marilyn and TeeCee for the great links!! Will take a look! -- And do I understand correctly, that sign up is by May 16? And then how soon do we need to complete our ATCs? --- Thanks girls for helping me along!

Wow! Just say the videos by Angela and may I just say GORGEOUS ATC cards!

this thread is a little discombobulated because I switched it from the voting for a topic thread to the sign up thread. I should have started a new thread. My apologies!

Archived