Looking For A Specific "name Plate"

Hi all!

I've purchased Syndee's Vintage Scrapbook Paper Mini and I love it! However, I'm looking for the "name plate" used by Joyce Schardt in this sample LO.. I checked the related list of products, but I'm just not seeing it.

Help? Or maybe it's something she created using a shape tool? It's probably right there in front of me. :D

Thanks!

I searched a bit too, Becky and didn't see it - pm our fabulous Syndee and I'll bet you can get it from her! She's such a sweetheart!

I checked the products she listed also, as well as all the tags in the SS album, and i didn't see it either. A real treasure hunt! (not the tag of doom, surely!)

So funny Gayle - I thought that too as I was searching - made me think of the Tree of Doom search! heehee :D

Joyce had a garage sale this weekend and some surprise visitors :) So she probably won't see this until Monday or so. I took a look too and can't place the label, I am betting she made it herself :)

Syndee's right. I did have surprise visitors . .. and what a surprise it was. My two little grandson, Nick and Nate, appeared at my front door Tuesday eve. I thought to myself, those little boys sure look like my grandsons but they are in Florida!!! When I opened the door Nick said, "Hi Grandma, surprise". I'm still thinking it must have been a dream. So I have not even turned on my computer for days. We had a won-der-ful time with at least 1000 photos to prove it (in spite of the huge garage sale!). They left at 6am this morning. Anyway, sorry for the delay in responding to this thread.

Yes, I did make it. Easy enough and here is how using a Mac with CS5.

Step 1: Use the rounded rectangle tool with a 50px radius to make the initial shape. Rasterize. Highlight the layer. Command D to create the marching ants. Go to Select>Modify>Contract 20-30 px. Go to Edit>Stroke about 4-6 px. Command D to deselect. On the same layer use the stoke command to put a small line (2-3 px) around outside edge of shape. Step 2: Copy layer. Command D to create the marching ants. Go to Select>Modify>Expand 20-30px. Place a new layer under the shape layer. Fill with paint bucket, any color. Command D to deselect. Copy a small section of Syndee's Vintage Scrapbook Paper and Paste on top of layer you just created. Clip together and merge the two layers. Go to Image>Adjustments>Levels and move arrow on left side slightly to the right to darken the color. And finally place a stroke around layer and small shadow. The brads are from "A Waltz to Remember Collection". The pixel sizes are approximate and you will want to adjust them according to the size of the label that you are designing. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Meanwhile, I'm off to restore my house to it's original condition. Oh, but I hate to remove those precious fingerprints!

Joyce! What a wonderful weekend! And thank you so much for sharing the directions! I'm certainly going to try it out. I use PSE9, but it sounds like it will translate just fine.

:bighug:

Thank you, Joyce, and thanks for asking, Becky!

The instructions were excellent, and despite the fact that it took me a few tries, :hit-head-with-hammer: worked perfectly as written for PS5. Fun stuff!!

Glad to hear that you had such a happy weekend, Joyce! Can't wait to see recent pictures of those sweeties!

Archived