3 replies to this topic

#1 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm interested in learning Illustrator--but not at new market price! I was hoping that with new releases coming out I could locate an older version on sale. Any suggestions of shopping sites? I've had no luck so far. I currently use CS4, and would be very happy with something of about the same vintage.
TIA,
candyK

#2 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Candy--I suspect you could go back more versions that that. Since CS4 still qualifies for Adobe upgrade pricing, it has some substantial market value. My guess is that if you went back further, you'd be ok. However, I own Illustrator 10 (just before CS) and it does not work in the 64 bit version of Win 7, so don't go too far back.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
Scrap10-Blinkie.gif  SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#3 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,776 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Candy--I suspect you could go back more versions that that. Since CS4 still qualifies for Adobe upgrade pricing, it has some substantial market value. My guess is that if you went back further, you'd be ok. However, I own Illustrator 10 (just before CS) and it does not work in the 64 bit version of Win 7, so don't go too far back.

Ditto what Barbara said - I started with the oldest version of Illustrator years ago and I think you could probably get the older version too. Barbara is the expert on this and I would certainly follow her advice!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,926 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

Be careful where you buy an older version from as I have heard of pirate versions being sold and when you try to install a second time it will not work. I bought my Illustrator here in Australia before being warned and was lucky as it was a legitimate product. What I bought is CS4.

gallery_14380_66_44432.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users