• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MiaYB

MiaYB

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Personal Statement:Writer, Photographer and a creative soul. Live, Love, and Laugh with all your heart!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Can someone tell me if there is a way to keep myself from accidentally repeating purchases without having to go back and look through my long list of purchases? I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Mia

"With God all things are possible!" Matthew 19:24-26
Mia - Photographer and Writer

#2 Smiles

Smiles

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,370 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

If you keep your zipped files in one folder, that's a pretty quick way to see if you already have something. Or you can download your purchase history into a spreadsheet and search that way. But most of us have made duplicate purchases, and Angie saves us when that happens.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,536 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

I never thought to check my Zipped file list. :hit-head-with-hammer:DUH!! How clever Gayle. I tried the Excel spreadsheet like April does but that did not work for me. Thanks for the info and thank you Mia for asking the question.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#4 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I am guilty of doubling up on purchases. I think it has happened about three times.

2014_springavatar-1_zpsae1b4821.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,740 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

I, too am guilty when it comes to duplicating purchases and I'm not organized enough to keep a spreadsheet - I've been trying very hard not to duplicate an order lately but when I do, it's Angie to the rescue! We are so fortunate to have our Angie - fixer of all things!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 KayMitch

KayMitch

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love photos, love scrapping, love life.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

I too have double ordered. Head hung low. I don't run a spread sheet and must be the only person here who doesn't keep zipped files. I open them and copy to two EHDs. I just have to trust to my memory, though that's a hit and miss deal. Kay
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#7 Smoky

Smoky

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • Personal Statement:I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

I too have double ordered. Head hung low. I don't run a spread sheet and must be the only person here who doesn't keep zipped files. I open them and copy to two EHDs. I just have to trust to my memory, though that's a hit and miss deal. Kay

I don't keep the zipped files, either. I guess I don't see the advantage? I definitely back up all my files to an EHD, though. I've made a lot of Scrap Girls purchases, but I'm not sure I'm to the point where I need a spreadsheet. That day may be coming, LOL!

gallery_22670_297_4102.png

BLINKIES_Blessed.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gifBLINKIES_membmonth.gif

#8 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,408 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

I don't keep the zipped files either, my pc is used by my kids for playing games too so I have to watch my available space on both my hard drive and EHD. A lot of zips take up a lot of space.

As I have my kits sorted by name (without the designer's name), and windows sorts them alphabetically, it is very easy to check if I have something or not.

WorldTourSiggy-1.png

Button_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifBLINKIES_UK.gif SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#9 Durin

Durin

• Design Team
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Don't feel bad, ladies. I see how it would be very easy to purchase the same item twice here, but recently I bought the same *dress* twice! Makes me wonder about my mental capacity, lol. At least it was a cute dress! :)

Durin

My Gallery
My Products

DEB_VintGr_RubOn_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg     DEB_LilacDr_Coll_MKTG_150.jpg     DEB_SweetGrunge_Coll_MKTG_150.jpg     DEB_VintageGrunge_Coll_MKTG_150.jpg
BLINKIES_product.gif

#10 KayMitch

KayMitch

• Members
  • 1,792 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love photos, love scrapping, love life.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Ooh it must have been a dress you really loved Durin.Or does it mean that you have too much in your wardrobe? Kay
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#11 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

I gave my brother the same shirt two Christmases in a row. The second year, I could just see him in it. Sigh, talk about funny looks.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#12 Jeanne Lee

Jeanne Lee

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

I can see how easily that could happen now that I am purchasing again.

So, you all keep your zip files??Never mind I searched and found an answer. :hit-head-with-hammer:
Jeanne Lee
My blog
Posted Image

#13 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

I keep an Excel spreadsheet also and every time I purchase some new product, I copy that from 'My Account' and add that to the file and sort alphabetically. This way I have a complete alphabetical list of every item that I purchased, from day one. Of course, sometimes I do purchase a duplicate file and Angie is always there to help.

I, too, keep all of my zipped files just in case. There have been times when I couldn't find my file or the zipped file and again Angie was there to save me.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_membmonth.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for July 2014, 7133 -- 7119 (1231) as of 7-22-14

#14 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,872 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

I used to duplicate purchases more often than I'd like to admit. Since I started the Excel Spreadsheet of my purchases, ( the details are in this post) I have only duplicated items that are in Value Packs. :D
I save my zip files too. I have gone back and used them before, or I might not.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#15 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

In the Boutique, click 'My Account" and it will show you everything you've ever purchased, so if you search for a word (CTRL + F) for the product name of interest, you'll be able to see if you've already purchased it.

If you do purchase the same thing again, just email Angie, hello@scrapgirls.com and provide the order numbers if you can from the My Account page. She'll issue a credit so you can buy something else with the money. I think all of us have done this at least once or twice.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#16 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

I don't save my zipped files either. I have all my stuff sorted in the PSE Organizer. I must be the only person in the world that does that but it works for me! I have double purchased several times still, though, and never thought to ask Angie to fix it for me! Oh well. Now I religiously check my Organizer if I have any question at all. So funny about buying the same dress twice and giving same gift to brother two Christmases in a row. Glad I am not the only one who does stuff like that!!! I am still chuckling on those two!!

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#17 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I don't think there is a person here that hasn't double purchased at some point. :)

I do save my zipped files, but off to DVDs, and that is too cumbersome to check through. I use Picasa for my scrapping supplies so I can search on a designer's initials or the name of a collection to see if I have it.

Oo, oo! I didn't know about that tip Barbara! Thank you.

#18 LadyL

LadyL

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm another who doesn't keep the zips after the files have been extracted. I used to in the beginning but they just took up too much space on the hard drive because I have over 400gb of stuff.
Now I delete them. All my supplies are kept in a folder on my desktop and when I want to see if I already have an item I'm thinking of buying I just look in there. My files are also backed up onto 2 externals and dvds just in cases. I have doubled up on purchases especially in the early days lol

#19 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

My pc is slooowww today to reload a page......

I do keep zips on DVD's but just because sometimes I misplace things, and need to get them again. They are not organized enough to search for duplicates. I have duplicates everywhere!

Now I just look on my account in the boutique. I made a spreadsheet but don't keep it up to date. I'm sure I have some duplicates!!!

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#20 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

If a product I want to purchase isn't in the "new" category, I open Finder and enter the name of the collection and see if I have it. Quick and easy....but that's on a Mac. And in spite of that, I have also purchased the same thing twice. Some things are just so, so good, you need two of them!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users