Not Repeating Purchases

MiaYB

Can someone tell me if there is a way to keep myself from accidentally repeating purchases without having to go back and look through my long list of purchases? I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Mia

If you keep your zipped files in one folder, that's a pretty quick way to see if you already have something. Or you can download your purchase history into a spreadsheet and search that way. But most of us have made duplicate purchases, and Angie saves us when that happens.

I never thought to check my Zipped file list. :hit-head-with-hammer:DUH!! How clever Gayle. I tried the Excel spreadsheet like April does but that did not work for me. Thanks for the info and thank you Mia for asking the question.

I am guilty of doubling up on purchases. I think it has happened about three times.

I, too am guilty when it comes to duplicating purchases and I'm not organized enough to keep a spreadsheet - I've been trying very hard not to duplicate an order lately but when I do, it's Angie to the rescue! We are so fortunate to have our Angie - fixer of all things!

I too have double ordered. Head hung low. I don't run a spread sheet and must be the only person here who doesn't keep zipped files. I open them and copy to two EHDs. I just have to trust to my memory, though that's a hit and miss deal. Kay

I too have double ordered. Head hung low. I don't run a spread sheet and must be the only person here who doesn't keep zipped files. I open them and copy to two EHDs. I just have to trust to my memory, though that's a hit and miss deal. Kay

I don't keep the zipped files, either. I guess I don't see the advantage? I definitely back up all my files to an EHD, though. I've made a lot of Scrap Girls purchases, but I'm not sure I'm to the point where I need a spreadsheet. That day may be coming, LOL!

I don't keep the zipped files either, my pc is used by my kids for playing games too so I have to watch my available space on both my hard drive and EHD. A lot of zips take up a lot of space.

As I have my kits sorted by name (without the designer's name), and windows sorts them alphabetically, it is very easy to check if I have something or not.

Don't feel bad, ladies. I see how it would be very easy to purchase the same item twice here, but recently I bought the same *dress* twice! Makes me wonder about my mental capacity, lol. At least it was a cute dress! :)

I keep an Excel spreadsheet also and every time I purchase some new product, I copy that from 'My Account' and add that to the file and sort alphabetically. This way I have a complete alphabetical list of every item that I purchased, from day one. Of course, sometimes I do purchase a duplicate file and Angie is always there to help.

I, too, keep all of my zipped files just in case. There have been times when I couldn't find my file or the zipped file and again Angie was there to save me.

In the Boutique, click 'My Account" and it will show you everything you've ever purchased, so if you search for a word (CTRL + F) for the product name of interest, you'll be able to see if you've already purchased it.

If you do purchase the same thing again, just email Angie, hello@scrapgirls.com and provide the order numbers if you can from the My Account page. She'll issue a credit so you can buy something else with the money. I think all of us have done this at least once or twice.

I don't save my zipped files either. I have all my stuff sorted in the PSE Organizer. I must be the only person in the world that does that but it works for me! I have double purchased several times still, though, and never thought to ask Angie to fix it for me! Oh well. Now I religiously check my Organizer if I have any question at all. So funny about buying the same dress twice and giving same gift to brother two Christmases in a row. Glad I am not the only one who does stuff like that!!! I am still chuckling on those two!!

I don't think there is a person here that hasn't double purchased at some point. :)

I do save my zipped files, but off to DVDs, and that is too cumbersome to check through. I use Picasa for my scrapping supplies so I can search on a designer's initials or the name of a collection to see if I have it.

Oo, oo! I didn't know about that tip Barbara! Thank you.

I'm another who doesn't keep the zips after the files have been extracted. I used to in the beginning but they just took up too much space on the hard drive because I have over 400gb of stuff.

Now I delete them. All my supplies are kept in a folder on my desktop and when I want to see if I already have an item I'm thinking of buying I just look in there. My files are also backed up onto 2 externals and dvds just in cases. I have doubled up on purchases especially in the early days lol

My pc is slooowww today to reload a page......

I do keep zips on DVD's but just because sometimes I misplace things, and need to get them again. They are not organized enough to search for duplicates. I have duplicates everywhere!

Now I just look on my account in the boutique. I made a spreadsheet but don't keep it up to date. I'm sure I have some duplicates!!!

If a product I want to purchase isn't in the "new" category, I open Finder and enter the name of the collection and see if I have it. Quick and easy....but that's on a Mac. And in spite of that, I have also purchased the same thing twice. Some things are just so, so good, you need two of them!

Archived