Keynote To Dvd Without Idvd

shutterhappy

Scrapgirls help! I am working on my first 1-2-3 digital presentation. (An anniversary video of my parent's first year of marriage to celebrate their 40th anniversary using their slides that they haven't really looked at in 39 years....). I am a new mac user, and bought keynote to make my presentation. However, as I work through the process, and get ready to send to iDVD, I find that it is not on my computer. In fact, apple no longer supports or sells iDVD. I called apple support, and the new process is to export to quicktime, to convert to .mov file. I did this successfully. The final hurdle is to convert .mov to something that plays on DVD. Apple support tells me I need to find a 3rd party app to do this, they are not particularly helpful beyond this. When I look in the app store, there are a lot of negative reviews, there are free apps online, however I have no idea which one might work. I tried one last night and it didn't really work. The quality was poor and the music was lost. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Oh, my - I am a Mac user and was not aware they did not make iDVD anymore or have support for it! I do have it on my computer. Thanks for the info and if I can find anything else out, I'll come back to let you know. How frustratitng. Good luck.

Ok - back. Tried researching - not easy to find, huh?

I did find this program -- Converter

It looks good, but I can't recommend it as I haven't used it. It does have some good info on the page, though and you can download a trial version to try before buying.

Also - I tried to find this on Amazon as their reviews are always good to read, but couldn't find it.

Hope this is helpful, but Syndee will be a good resource. Good luck again! :)

Hi there,

I used iDVD to do my DVDs, but I have heard good things about Roxio Toast, it's a bit pricey - here is a free DVD creator software:

Burn Also, if you can get your hands on iLife 11 (the old version) maybe on Amazon - it includes iDVD.

Thanks for all your help. I ordered iDVD from Amazon, it worked great to make a DVD. My parents and family loved the slide show I made.

One thing I did which was a little more complicated was to have VHS tapes of family movies transferred to DVD. When I got the DVD, the files were VOB type, and were not compatible with iMovie or Keynote. After some research, I found DVDxDV, available on Apple Apps store. This program allows you to preview VOB video, select segments you would like then import into iMovie. I was able to edit the video in iMovie then save it as a quicktime file. Then, it was easy to add video clips to keynote as in the other presentation 1-2-3 tutorials, and burn onto DVD with iDVD. When I ordered iDVD, there was a little sticker on the package that said to change the macbook time/date to 2011 before uploading iLife '11, the last version with iDVD on it. I had no problems installing software, I don't know if this is necessary but seemed to work fine.

It was a bit of a learning curve, but once I got the proper apps, worked great. This way, I was able to add video of my parent's wedding (originally on super 8 no less!) to the presentation. It had been decades since they had seen it, and a first for the rest of our family. Thanks for the great idea!

Of note, I used the Fade to Gray products from scrap girls, and the music is the "Wedding Song" from Noel Paul Stookey.

Also, I can't figure out security settings to my liking on Youtube, so I'm not ready to share, unless there is some other way, I'll work on this a bit more.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Anniversary Presentation First Year

I finally worked out Youtube. I also had trouble getting the final presentation in quicktime to play smoothly and had to download another program " Snapz Pro X" which did the job of converting the keynote presentation into a single quicktime file. Phew. I also made a presesntation of my Parent's first year of marriage. This one I did in just a few hours, much simpler without video. For the anniversary presentation I used presentation 1-2-3 Blue Christmas, Folly and Vista Linda and It's Christmas. Music is "Morning Has Broken "by Cat Stevens.

It was a big learning curve for me to get everything to work the way I wanted it too, I hope it helps others. I think video clips from cameras/camcorders will be much easier to use, but this project was a labor of love and was well worth it. My aunt has 40+ years worth of video I now know how to put onto DVD so our family can all enjoy these treasures.

Thanks!

P.S. I am hidden in the last two slides of the First Year presentation......

Anniversary Presentation First Year

I finally worked out Youtube. I also had trouble getting the final presentation in quicktime to play smoothly and had to download another program " Snapz Pro X" which did the job of converting the keynote presentation into a single quicktime file. Phew. I also made a presesntation of my Parent's first year of marriage. This one I did in just a few hours, much simpler without video. For the anniversary presentation I used presentation 1-2-3 Blue Christmas, Folly and Vista Linda and It's Christmas. Music is "Morning Has Broken "by Cat Stevens.

It was a big learning curve for me to get everything to work the way I wanted it too, I hope it helps others. I think video clips from cameras/camcorders will be much easier to use, but this project was a labor of love and was well worth it.

Thanks!

I tried to view them, but I'm getting a message saying they are private. Whether I'm signed in to YouTube or not, I get the same message. :(

Archived